Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bows; Paris Prime Looks Like Crap And Cernos Plays Like Crap.

Innocent_Flower

The Cernos is the worst bow. 

the damage is low for a bow

The crit rate is low for a bow.

Maybe it's because I got used to the paris prime and dread but the cernos was easily my least favourite bow. Perhaps It might be because Paris and cernos are supposed to be of a lower teir than the Prime and dread.  I sold my Paris before i built the cernos.. but the paris still felt a lot better.  

Either way; unless a Cernos prime pops up; Cernos should have been a bit better. I sold mine as soon i got it to 30. 

A cernos prime is pretty low on the 'things i want prime' list. Tigris is at the top. Honestly i'm more interested in a dread prime. 

My main argument; an actualy good bow; the paris prime. 

Firstly it's an effective weapon.

Secondly it's a satisfying weapon. 

Thirdly it's hideous. It isn't ugly. The hind is ugly.

The paris prime looks nice in combination with no warframe

The paris prime looks nice in combination with no colour scheme

The paris prime does not look related to the paris

The paris prime does not look like a practical bow. 

The paris prime and it's gold tube rims are tasteless; even by orokin standards. 

The paris prime clips more than any other bow

Maybe if it was leaner or didn't have those obnoxious tubes of gold; more people could like it. 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

The look of the paris prime is polarizing.  I love it, and you do not really get people sitting on the fence about it.  I use bows a lot, and I think the only thing holding back the cernos is the low crit, and maybe it could use a impact damage buff.  The dread won't be a primable weapon, as it is just the stalker version of the paris, so a tier up already.  This is also the case for the despair (stalker kunai) and the hate (stalker version of either reaper prime or ether reaper).  The thing that changed the bows to be viable is the crit chance, and cernos does not have enough.

While it could do with some tweaking, I'm glad the Cernos performs so differently to the Paris - strictly speaking, those are the only two bows in the game.  Paris Prime and Dread are both just modifications of the normal Paris.  You wouldn't expect the Latron and Grinlock to perform the same, would you?

I'm not enough of a number-cruncher to suggest how the Cernos could be changed, though.  Not that I've actually gotten around to using mine much yet (been on a bit of a crafting blitz lately).

While it could do with some tweaking, I'm glad the Cernos performs so differently to the Paris - strictly speaking, those are the only two bows in the game.  Paris Prime and Dread are both just modifications of the normal Paris.  You wouldn't expect the Latron and Grinlock to perform the same, would you?

I'm not enough of a number-cruncher to suggest how the Cernos could be changed, though.  Not that I've actually gotten around to using mine much yet (been on a bit of a crafting blitz lately).

The dread is very different from the paris. It's definetly more different than the cernos. It does slash damage, it has a string of energy (i don't think paris has a string) It handles more like the paris prime than the paris. Also it has that all important extra V slot (not that it matters with forma in the long haul- but it's definitely a plus)  

DONT FEED THE TROLL

Wise words.