The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts On Volt's Electric Shield For Defense?

Arzete

What do you guys think of the idea of buîlding an invincible lego snowglobe but with electric shields instead? With the correct mods, the shields would last a minute with damage amplification and range. Thats a minute of invincibility within the electric shield globe.

Edited by RayDrazon

For me, volts shield is not a stationary defensive wall that I need to effectively camp behind.  Use volt as a mobile turret, by putting some speed mods on, maybe fleeting (you should be moving a bit, so duration is not needed as much, but you can throw a narrow minded, as it does not negatively affect the shield), streamline, and some shield mods for when you are moving.  To keep volt in one place, is to takeaway the reason you would use him.  Frost is the stationary defence frame, volt is a mobile offensive frame.  With the buff of volts 'shock', it offers a cc option for cheaper, but without the damage buff the shield has.  If you manage to make an 'electric globe', then hats off to ya.

I run Volt with flow, continuity and constitution, focus (or intensify by new), redirection and vigor, no efficiency mods since I gain more with it on his base 150 energy (if it was 225, efficiency would stack better),

I usually pull electric shield in voids MD and it covers the whole pad for around 25ish seconds (unfortunately does not have a duration timer and I never bothered to count). just stand behind the platform, crouch, look up fro a bit and cast the shield. No fusion moa, gunner or ancients slap can get through the shield so it is really OP :). On the bright side unlike snowglobe you can actually shoot enemies if you are far out so it is sniper friendly.

It's not a problem to keep it covered and use the AI aginst itself since AI always aims for the middle of the pod\platform\system\target. That way you if it gets tight you can pop shield on the side where all the fire is coming from and focus on targets that are flanking the shield easy.

The only problem is transparensy as it used to be more transparent before, now it feels liquidish.

I love taking volt into the void runs since he is good jack of all trades for it. Pop speed for loot room runs or melee boost or to run away and regroup. Use shock to stun those heavy gunners that can shred you easy once they reach lvl 60's or higher in those 40-60min runs of T3s. Use Shield if you are in a really sticky situation and have no ammo in the clip. Use overload to get the hell away from there while everyone is shocked :).

Volt's abilities really shine and synergise with team if used properly. We run T3Surv with Ash, Volt, Banshee and Saryn/Nekros. As you can see, no OP frames and we rely on each others different loadouts (who is shield dmg oriented, who has high puncture corrosive builds and is it prime or secondary) and play styles. But when it gets rough, electric shield is always there :)