Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea For A Great Login Diorama

Luminati07

Hey everyone,

I originally posted this quite a while ago, but that thread died off relatively quickly, and I wanted to post it again.

The last thread was quite rushed. This one will be more refined and make more sense.

Let's begin.

Ok, this concept actually has a lot to it, I'll try to explain it as best I can.

I'll run through the concept in text, then break it down in more detail with screenshots and video.

Quick note: While I am saying part 1, part 2 and part 3, the whole diorama is one fluid 'cinematic', it doesn't stop between parts. This just made it easier for me to explain.

Part one

The diorama begins with a side on view of a Tenno kneeling down, sword in hand, looking weak and defeated.

At the moment, the only thing on screen is the Tenno.

The camera slowly starts to pan behind this Tenno, revealing a massive army of Grineer in the distance. I mean massive!

At this point, the camera is showing this lone, defeated Tenno and an enormous army of Grineer.

However, at the moment, this army looks nothing more than a blur of bodies. Not a lot of detail.

Part two

The camera begins to pan over the open space towards the massive army, revealing the sheer numbers in the force.

The camera pans over the army with more detail than previously. You can see the Grineer bosses in this army (Captain Vor, Vay Hek etc)

Part three

After the camera pans over the army of Grineer, it begins to head back to the Tenno (however, it's still facing the army, so you cannot see the Tenno in the distance)

As the camera reaches him, it turns to face the Tenno.

Instead of the lone, weak, defeated character that we saw at the beginning, he is now surrounded by 3 allies.

Rather than kneeling on the floor, he is now standing tall, ready to fight.

Time to go into a bit more detail.

Part one

The lone, defeated Tenno.

Basically, the idea behind this section is to show the image of a single Warframe who has been at war for a long time without any help.

He has been fighting for so long that he is too tired to continue, he has given up, ready to accept his fate.

Dark Souls. The perfect example of "giving up".

Even without a face, you can see emotion in that still image.

petercorp-2296903.jpg

Here's a screenshot from the cutscene from Dissidia. (I'll post the video further down)

2dj2a7s.jpg

It's pretty blurry, I couldn't find any HD version of this video.

For the diorama, instead of the Warrior, there would be a lone Tenno facing the Grineer army all alone.

That blur in the distance (pretty hard to see) is the army.

Part two

Here, the camera leaves the Tenno to show the force of the Grineer army in higher detail.

When it reaches them, it would have a lot to show off.

Panning in between massive armies, showing Vor ready to send troops to battle, showing Vay Hek amongst the fray. etc. etc.

This section is basically to give the viewer the impression of power that the Grineer have.

Part three

The best part.

The camera leaves the company of the Grineer to go back to our defeated Tenno.

However, he is now surrounded by 3 allies and ready to fight.

What is the point of this?

It solidifies the whole idea of "Alone we shall falter, together we shall conquer" or "United we stand, divided we fall" quotes.

It goes from the lone Tenno being unable to continue on his own, to an image of him being empowered by having his comrades around.

Four Tenno standing tall against seemingly impossible odds, against a massive unstoppable army.

Pretty damn inspiring if you ask me.

________

Here's the cutscene from Dissidia.

Not exactly the same, but you can see where the inspiration is from.

The lone Warrior fighting an endless army of enemies, he begins to lose his strength and is saved by his ally.

I hope you enjoyed this concept. It's not easy to convey a login diorama without any artistic skills.

Hopefully you can close your eyes and try to imagine the mental image behind this diorama.

If you did read it, please leave any feedback/thoughts, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks,

Nugget_

Edited by Nugget_