The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Crash Upon G3 (Grustrag Three) Kill After Hotfix 12.5.2

JimiHendChris

I just encountered the Game Crash upon the final kill of the Grustrag 3. This is the second time I have experienced this before and after Update Hotfix 12.5.2. I'm creating a new thread because Hotfix 12.5.2 stated it fixed this bug. So I will provide as much details as I can about both times this bug repro'd for me.

Both times this bug occurred I can confirm that I was the Host of the game (I started both missions solo and 1 person joined soon afterwards) and there was only 1 other player with me at the time. Both were the Grineer ship level design (same as the missions on Mercury). So this may have something to do with it since these are the only resemblances between the 2 crashes.

First Repro before Hotfix 12.5.2

- Occurred on mission Apollodarus (Mercury Survival)

- My Loadout was:

Warframe: Loki, about rank 12

Primary: Not entirely sure, probably Ignis

Secondary: Detron, rank 30 (weapon used to kill G3)

Melee: Dual Zoren, rank 30

Second Repro after Hotfix 12.5.2

- Not sure the mission since it was an Alert (Alert occurred on 3/21/14 13:00 PST) but it was a Rescue Mission on a Grineer Level (obviously) around LV 12-15

- My Loadout was:

Warframe: Rhino Prime, rank 6

Primary: Ignis, rank 30 (weapon used to kill G3)

Secondary: Bronco Prime, rank 5

Melee: Ceramic Dagger, rank 20

When I killed the last G3 member I know that I was receiving a transmission from one of them (when one of them is talking to you), and the last 2 members of the G3 died within just a couple seconds or less from one another. Possibly killing the last 2 almost simultaneously may be a factor with this bug.

That is about as much as I can recall. If anybody has any details they can add about their crash then please do so in this thread.

PS. This bug is the only crash I have experienced playing Warframe. So not to get the idea that I "just crash a lot".

Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to. When the game crash (actually it froze), I had to use Task Manager and end task Warframe which was not responding. When I did that, Task Manager also said the “Evolution Engine” has stopped working. This had to be done for both times I encountered the crash.

Sorry, I know that would have been a huge help.

Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to. When the game crash (actually it froze), I had to use Task Manager and end task Warframe which was not responding. When I did that, Task Manager also said the “Evolution Engine” has stopped working. This had to be done for both times I encountered the crash.

Sorry, I know that would have been a huge help.

Ah thanks for clarifying, if you (or anyone) manages to get a War ##### please share.

This is happening to me also, no way of getting an error file since you have to kill the process everytime.

However, it's not an uncommon occurance, as theres a few posts about it ever since the G3 were introduced.

Did this happen to you today? After Hotfix 12.5.2?

If so, is there any details you can share about your experience? Anything related to my experience?

This may or may not be related but it's worth sharing.

After the crash, I wanted to check to see if my death mark had been used up. So I played some Invasions, siding with the Corpus. I only completed 3 Invasion runs before I got the email from Vay Hek again. Earlier today, I encountered the G3 during the Catalyst Invasion mission. I was with a full team and I was not the host, we wrecked them and carried on, no issues occurred. That must have been when my mark was used because we only had to do 2 more invasion runs. Then after I did some alerts and encountered them again and repro'd the crash that I stated above. 

Soooooo, In conclusion; I was not death marked when I repro'd this bug. The other player that joined had to be death marked to trigger the G3. This could possibly have something to do with Hosts not being death marked and when clients join the game that are death marked and it spawns the G3.

TL:DR - I the Host, was not death marked when this bug repro'd.

Did this happen to you today? After Hotfix 12.5.2?

If so, is there any details you can share about your experience? Anything related to my experience?

I think I killed 2 of them at the same time (spamming boar prime shots), game just froze, waited a few mins then had to kill the process.

Can't get a WAR number since the game is freezing, not crashing.

I think I killed 2 of them at the same time (spamming boar prime shots), game just froze, waited a few mins then had to kill the process.

Can't get a WAR number since the game is freezing, not crashing.

Same for me both times. Killed the last 2 within less than 2 seconds of each other. How many people were with you in the game?

Thanks for sharing

Mine had a host migration :/

Video evidence:

Somehow my Sobek (which I was leveling for Mastery) didn't do ANY damage at all. So I whipped out my Tysis to weaken the armor.

Nobody was bolted but we had a host migration. Somehow...

When the host finished migrating, we couldn't pick the loot up.

This was before they were made to give only one part (still don't get why you had to do that).

I already sent a support ticket, but no luck.

Will I be able to get my stuff back?

Sorry for the low quality and thanks for your time.

I really want the Brakk, I missed out on the Dilemma.

Mine had a host migration :/

Video evidence:

Somehow my Sobek (which I was leveling for Mastery) didn't do ANY damage at all. So I whipped out my Tysis to weaken the armor.

Nobody was bolted but we had a host migration. Somehow...

When the host finished migrating, we couldn't pick the loot up.

This was before they were made to give only one part (still don't get why you had to do that).

I already sent a support ticket, but no luck.

Will I be able to get my stuff back?

Sorry for the low quality and thanks for your time.

I really want the Brakk, I missed out on the Dilemma.

Thanks for sharing, and my condolences. This is truly a horrific bug.

I watched the video, nobody was booted from the game so nobody did actually crash. But the circumstances may be related. Due to the fact that the host migration occurred IMMEDIATELY after killing the G3. Also, you seemed to kill the last 2 almost simultaneously. Which now seems to be the only similarities between each reported crash (as far as we know). Good job with the video, that should help out a lot.

Also, can you recall whose death mark was used?

Thanks for sharing, and my condolences. This is truly a horrific bug.

I watched the video, nobody was booted from the game so nobody did actually crash. But the circumstances may be related. Due to the fact that the host migration occurred IMMEDIATELY after killing the G3. Also, you seemed to kill the last 2 almost simultaneously. Which now seems to be the only similarities between each reported crash (as far as we know). Good job with the video, that should help out a lot.

Also, can you recall whose death mark was used?

My apologies, I am unable to recall.

However I just ran into them, and a Vauban Bastille'd them. I scanned them and killed them one by one.

I have identified why I could not scratch them the slightest bit. The bodies CANNOT be hurt. You MUST aim for the head. Even then, They have high armor on those heads.

This time I did not crash. Perhaps your hypothesis IS indeed correct.

Just wanted to add my name to this list.  I was soloing, beat them up with my rocket hammer for lols.  As soon as I saw the loot pop out of the last one the game locked up.  I had to end the process so no crash report.

This is happening to me also, no way of getting an error file since you have to kill the process everytime.

Even if the Crash Report tool doesn't load up, you can still submit your EE.log from /Users/<name>/AppData/Local/Warframe/

Gives the devs at least some information about what happened right before the crash. Just make sure, that you submit the ticket before you restart the game, else the file will be overwritten.

Even if the Crash Report tool doesn't load up, you can still submit your EE.log from /Users/<name>/AppData/Local/Warframe/

Gives the devs at least some information about what happened right before the crash. Just make sure, that you submit the ticket before you restart the game, else the file will be overwritten.

I'll do that next time, thanks for the information.

My friend game crash when he defeat the G3, i was there also.

Just happened today.  

Are there any details you can share about the game? Can you recall which mission it was? Did the last 2 get defeated almost simultaneously? Was it just you and your friend in the game, was anybody else there with you?

Thanks for sharing. This bug is a dev teams nightmare. It was a major downer for me so I would like them to fix it as soon as possible.

Are there any details you can share about the game? Can you recall which mission it was? Did the last 2 get defeated almost simultaneously? Was it just you and your friend in the game, was anybody else there with you?

Thanks for sharing. This bug is a dev teams nightmare. It was a major downer for me so I would like them to fix it as soon as possible.

But they still didn't give our loot back :(

We were doing alert extermination mission, my friend was the host.

His game crash just as I kill the last of the three. He said The screen just froze up suddenly after they died. He had to close the program with task manager.

Yes, there were only us on that mission, and we didn't kill them simultaneously.

Edited by sudarmaji

I think the fact that they consist of multiple entities causes this crash

The simultaneous killing causes them give transmissions at the same time, potentially crashing the game.

That's exactly what I'm thinking. When one of them dies they send a transmission to the player saying something like "This is unacceptable!". And when the final member is killed the Lotus sends her transmission.

My assumption is that there is something in the code to stop the transmissions from the G3 when all the members have been killed to prevent that awkward moment of one them talking to you after they are dead.

That's exactly what I'm thinking. When one of them dies they send a transmission to the player saying something like "This is unacceptable!". And when the final member is killed the Lotus sends her transmission.

My assumption is that there is something in the code to stop the transmissions from the G3 when all the members have been killed to prevent that awkward moment of one them talking to you after they are dead.

"That one will be hard to replace"

As in Brakk part, cause it really is hard to replace, lol

Edited by Xhos

Got freezed just a couple of hours ago and had to end game process via task manager. I was hosting Apollodorus survival mission on Mercury, was playing Nekros and there were three Rhinos with me. When G3 came I got a transmission from them (so it was my death mark). Bug occured as soon as we killed them. I was spamming Desecrate and got a permafreezzzzz. End story...

P.S. Just got a letter from Councilor Vay Hek with my new death mark after a single playthrough an invasion mission on Neptune (Nereid).

Edited by DeeplyBlond