The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Running Out Of Memory Since 12.5~

CptWasea

I'm having missions interrupted with out of memory messages by the system more and more frequently. This happened also at the beginning of a mission I was running solo, so there was pretty much no reason for the abnormal memory usage. I have 4GB RAM and never had a problem with this game before. I turned off some effects but it didn't help much.

The problem worsened in the last 24 hours approximately; I'm having the message appear and switch to desktop in almost every mission, but the game still runs and when I get back to it I don't even have fps drops (those happen mostly in the derelicts or with power-spammy teammates, btw).

Is it a problem only on my end or is someone else noticing an increase in memory usage? If this keeps up, with further updates I won't be able to play any longer. The system requirements however say it takes 2GB minimum.

Pretty much the same here. The higher graphic settings I set, the less time it takes for the game to crash. I don't get the "Ran out of Memory" message but I'm quite positive that is the problem. And to think I could run the game near perfectly on highest settings when I startet to play it. :/

Edited by Kawalorn

• 3 weeks later...

For all who care to know i fixed this issue! 

(I know right!?)

What i did, is if you go into your virtual memory store, and customize it to be bigger than it currently is to stop the warning. Though, as a side note, update your GPU and your BIOS just in case and ensure that your RAM is not being held back at a maximum value.

1/ Open computer -> properties

2/ Advanced Settings
3/ Performance Options

4/ Advanced
5/ Virtual Memory- Change

6/ Remove automatically manage and click custom size, change the old minimum size to be the same as the maximum size, keeping it at a static value.

This 'seems' to have fixed the issue for me, as now, there is plenty more memory. I think things might be having an issue extending the virtual memory to make room for Warframe or something. Though, i have not played quite long enough to be 100% certain that this is a fix. If i discover that it is not, i shall post here admitting my failure...

Edited by BaobhanSith

• 1 month later...

I'm in full agreement the memory usage of this game needs to come under control. I have 8GBs in my system and 6 cores and now my computer is having trouble keeping up with the massive inefficiency of it too. This has been becoming a bigger and bigger problem since about 2 months ago. Now I'm even getting memory max out issues on my system and the game chronically crashing if I'm doing anything in the background (work, rendering, surfing the net, or itunes) that uses anything close to 40-50% of the RAM, the game will crash immediately upon start up. I've already tried the static virtual memory adjustments with no difference either. I think the problem lies with how the game is using memory and rather than expanding and contracting when needed it seems to simply suck more and more memory without unwinding, this is a newer problem and really needs addressed as throwing more and more RAM at the problem wont solve it.