The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Like Oxium Farming *ducks*

notionphil

I actually like oxium farming and felt it was done 95% right.

I am also ready to dodge tomatoes etc thrown at me for posting this.

How could anyone possibly like oxium farming?

1) Keeps specific items rare without reliance on RNG

'Oxium locked' items can be attained by anyone willing to put X time in, 100% guaranteed. However, the game isn't flooded with the items.

2) 'skill based' drop mechanic keeps you on your toes

Attention to hunting actually improves your chances; Hunt idly and you'll lose a large portion of your pickups. This keeps it more interactive than picking up rare drops. Ox drones make a fair 'warning' sound so you don't get many cheap losses.

3) Allows multitasking - doesn't stop overall 'campaign' progress

Unline pine-cone hunting, Oxium farming involves Tenno's favorite actvity - hopelessly slaughtering enemies. We can get our XP or loot on while we farm Oxium.

+1 DE.

What's not good about oxium farming?

It's only effective on a few maps and mission types. It's reasonable for a survival to be more effective than a Spy for example. But Oxium shouldn't rain like candy on one MDef and be absent from another. It makes the farming (on the same map, repeatedly) more repetitive than it needs to be.

We need more 'huntable' mats on the same tier - can't only be Oxium. I know you want us to eradicate the Corpus DE, but...work with me a bit here ;)

OK - throw those tomatoes now!

Edited by notionphil

I respect your opinion, but you also have one of my big rotten tomatoes.

However, I have to say I really enjoyed my last hunt for oxium... it was pretty successful though... hmm... Could you throw back that tomato?

Maybe if they made Oxpreys spawn everywhere as much as in Kappa it would be good. In any case, since building Zephyr I've acquired 400 Oxium by random missions alone.

But you have a point, it's better than pure RNG. The self-destruct thing is a rage-inducing spit to the face, though, and wish it could be removed.

One thing I hate about it is that it's locked onto barely few missions. Only places like kappa are worth farming while the rest of corpus missions have barely any ospreys spawning. It needs to be spread out. Oh wait, that's exactly what person above me said anyway...

Edited by Aure7

I disagree, but mostly because the only way to reliably get it is Kappa and I do not like Mobile Defense missions. Make it so I can play Defense, Survival, or Assassination missiong for it and I could agree.

Note: I do realize it exists in other missions, but as that everything that uses it takes hundreds of Oxium and it drops in 10-20 per non-Kappa mission, it is effectively impossible if not technically impossible to farm other types of missions.

EDIT: The two people above me brought this up. Looks like this is the main problem with it.

Edited by liavalenth

I agree. My only complaint is that it would have been nicer to have a new enemy type, rather than a Fusion Drone palette swap. I know new models and animations and stuff will take a while, but I'd really like to see the Corpus, Infested, and Corrupted factions get fleshed out to the same degree of variety you can find while fighting the Grineer.

I agree. My only complaint is that it would have been nicer to have a new enemy type, rather than a Fusion Drone palette swap. I know new models and animations and stuff will take a while, but I'd really like to see the Corpus, Infested, and Corrupted factions get fleshed out to the same degree of variety you can find while fighting the Grineer.

That would be great, but I am mostly OK with the pallet swap bc of the new 'AI'.

One thing I hate about it is that it's locked onto barely few missions. Only places like kappa are worth farming while the rest of corpus missions have barely any ospreys spawning. It needs to be spread out. Oh wait, that's exactly what person above me said anyway...

I agree with this and will add it to the OP

I'd love to see new corpus enemies in general though.

You have a good point, however I do not like its drop rate in comparison to how much you need. If you average 30 per kappa run, which is a pretty high average, and it costs 600 oxium just to build Zephyr, and each run takes 10 to 15 minutes to complete. That's 200- 300 minutes (3 hrs 20min, to 5 hours) spent doing the same mission, not including loadout time.

For casual players that's a long time doing the same mission which I doubt that they would want to do. That is longer than it would take to farm any other frame, and that's not including the oxium cost for research.

You have a good point, however I do not like its drop rate in comparison to how much you need. If you average 30 per kappa run, which is a pretty high average, and it costs 600 oxium just to build Zephyr, and each run takes 10 to 15 minutes to complete. That's 200- 300 minutes (3 hrs 20min, to 5 hours) spent doing the same mission, not including loadout time.

For casual players that's a long time doing the same mission which I doubt that they would want to do. That is longer than it would take to farm any other frame, and that's not including the oxium cost for research.

Welcome to the world of F2P games.

I consider thirty to be low, personally.  It does happen, of course, more than one would like, but it happens when you've got a team with some hallway heroes.  If the team stays in the room, then there's usually at least one person with a good anti-Drone weapon/power and you should be getting closer to 50.  That said, if you're pugging it, you're going to get those hallway heroes more often than not, and the resulting 30ish Oxium.

But on the negative side, you can tack on another 300 Oxium to that required total for the new Sentinel.

"We can get our XP or loot on while we farm Oxium."

loot perhaps... but for effective drone hunting u cant rely on weapons you are leveling - so all the magical exp goes to waste to the maxed warframe and weapons.

I wish kappa would get invaded by grineer. Sick of this map. This tileset and mission should be deleted and forgotten.

Too many hero-solo-warriors noobs and trolls to even slightly try and enjoy the mission.

But let me guess, many of u got resource boosters so its not that big of an issue for you to farm all the required oxium.

30 oxium is a low average for Kappa, but if the puggies are going around hugging the Ospreys, there's often little you can do.

Tips for farming Oxium:

1. Stay away from doors.

2. Get somewhere where you can see a large area.

3. Bring a powerful, long range weapon. Modded with Radiation + Electricity.

4. Bring Rhino and Stomp every time you see/hear an Oxium Osprey.

5. Farm Oxium with clannies. If no clannies are on, go to recruiting and form a specific group for it.

My last Phalan - Eris run I did 15 minutes and got 30 Oxium, a T3 key and a lot of xp. I prolly just got really lucky with Osprey spawns though.

Edited by Inez

"We can get our XP or loot on while we farm Oxium."

loot perhaps... but for effective drone hunting u cant rely on weapons you are leveling - so all the magical exp goes to waste to the maxed warframe and weapons.

I wish kappa would get invaded by grineer. Sick of this map. This tileset and mission should be deleted and forgotten.

Too many hero-solo-warriors noobs and trolls to even slightly try and enjoy the mission.

But let me guess, many of u got resource boosters so its not that big of an issue for you to farm all the required oxium.

Yeah, it's trickier without uber weapons, but certainly still doable. You just have to make use of your warframe abilities. Any kind of CC will help. Rhino stomp, Molecular Prime, Snow Globe, just to name a few.

Alternatively, get very good at dodging away from their kamikaze attacks. If you're far enough away from where they rush to, they won't explode and will instead try to line up another run at you, giving you more time to shoot them.

Personally though, if I'm farming Oxium I'm usually doing it solo, so I just carry a maxxed weapon for those Ospreys because it won't be getting any other exp anyway.

I think there should be some long-term rewards for long-term play, and zephyr is one of them. If everything in the game is accessible in short play sessions, it means you have nothing to look forward to.

I just wanted to add in that let's not forget what Oxium will mean for newer players as well... Provided they manage to kill the Ospreys with regularity, they should have plenty of Oxium by the time they even begin to consider building Zephyr or Helios. It's the same thing with Nav Coordinates. Every time a new resource comes out people freak out about not having hundreds or thousands of them, but once they stop actively thinking about what they don't have, they find themselves swimming in it. Just give it time. Once you've built Zephyr and Helios if you've been playing against the Corpus at all you should have a decent amount of Oxium for the next bit of Oxium content that comes out.