The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpse Timer Settings Please

PixalatedVortex

So I know it doesn't matter much but I would love for a way in the graphics settings to choose how long we want dead bodies to stay as for nekros' ability desecrate maybe make it so corpses could only be searched 15 seconds after they die (similar to now) I would love this if it was implemented

Edited by PixalatedVortex
  • Like 1

no.not good idea.necros then should always have that option enabled to the max time possible.meaning that if you don't have a good computer,you'll suck as a necro farmer.At this point would be better to slightly increase the desecrate % from 60 to 80%.

no.not good idea.necros then should always have that option enabled to the max time possible.meaning that if you don't have a good computer,you'll suck as a necro farmer.At this point would be better to slightly increase the desecrate % from 60 to 80%.

hey guess what I already stated that problem learn to read better please

the bodies stay 15 seconds now pretty much if you had a setting higher it wouldn't allow you to use desecrate at 16  seconds or higher the minimum body limit would be what ever it is now   

Edited by PixalatedVortex

hey guess what I already stated that problem learn to read better please

the bodies stay 15 seconds now pretty much if you had a setting higher it wouldn't allow you to use desecrate at 16  seconds or higher the minimum body limit would be what ever it is now   

Infested go sooner, so they'd need a lower timer.  But since that timer is probably already somewhere in there, it can just use the base value.

It would still be annoyance as a Nekros though, since you might be looking at a field of bodies, hit desecrate, and really there's only one.  Which would mean that, to play Nekros, you'd most likely want your corpse time set to default (15/5).

• 6 years later...
On 2014-03-23 at 7:55 PM, PixalatedVortex said:

no offense but that's why it would be a setting so it can be altered to be good for that computer just like graphics settings

You can't have a setting on one player's menus that affects the whole squad and you can't have a setting like this only affect one player because it's a game mechanic, not a graphical setting.

You'd either have one person's settings overriding everyone else's and causing untold lag from the pile of bodies stacking up, or you'd have a player with it turned all the way up desecrating and interacting with essentially nothing to the players that have it turned to default, which I can guarantee you would cause massive issues with how host/client connections and mechanics are set up.

EDIT:  This is the third time in like a month that I've run into a nekro'd thread lol.  Disregard.

Edited by (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan

• 3 years later...

A corpse limit setting would be nice, especially for mobile and older consoles. I imagine it may be difficult as some functionality in the game does rely on corpses such as Nekros' Desecrate, but it'd still be a nice to crank this down to improve performance.

On the one hand, increased performance. On the other, can negatively affect other players if a Nekros player is expecting to be able to desecrate bodies to contribute to the mission and their own survivability as I'd think it needs to affect everyone in the squad. Trying to do calculations to have bodies and the items potentially created by them but only apply to some of the squad will add complexity. And if the person with the lowest setting is the host, then unless it affects everyone, then it doesn't help as much since the host would still be tracking those items and sending data to clients.

Just seems like way too much complexity to add and possibly introduce bugs where drops end up broken for people.