Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question To The Community : Would Unmasked Npc Tenno Be A Good Idea To You?

Deidaku

This is linked with the future lobby system +quest system . There will have to be NPcs imo  to breed some life into those relays ( like in Mass effect for instance).

But would it be a good idea to show some tenno 's faces even though they're NPCs for the sake of lore?

Don't get me wrong the player tenno should stay masked but like in halo for instance, we see  the faces of the other spartans but the chief or Noble 6 or the player spartan/soldier never reveals his face ( except for halo 4 damn you 343!!!). They aren't covered up 24/7 and I doubt they would be in a lobby/non-combat zone.

What do you guys think? constructive criticism would be better :)

Comment below let me know!

Well, I think those Spartans are a bit different, since we know that they are human and will consequently look like humans (minus any potential cybernetics).

With Tenno, that isn't the case.  The Tenno are not stated to be human*.  They can look like anything under those masks.  As such, even if the unmasked Tenno are NPCs, it will still imply a certain "look" that all Tenno (or at least Tenno of the same warframe) share.

So no, please.  If there are Tenno NPCs, keep them masked just like us.

*Okay, in Devstream 25, Steve says (to paraphrase): "They were once human."  Being warped by Void energies, they could easily not be considered human anymore, much less look human.  My point still stands.

Edited by Katakuna

A Tenno NPC?

Not going to happen.

DE don't want to reveal the race of the Tenno.

Mmm we're not even sure they're human.....

But yeah I saw it in the stream. But i though it was only essential for player controlled tenno?

Mmm we're not even sure they're human.....

But yeah I saw it in the stream. But i though it was only essential for player controlled tenno?

There's no difference.

A Tenno is a Tenno, NPC and PC alike.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure the latest Devstream confirmed that they are human.

Edited by Brimir

Aye to unveil one tenno, even an npc, would have pretty huge repercussions and reveal what the tenno are.

However, it's a good question.  I've often thought the dojos need some life in them.  Even when our clan is active there's no-one in the dojo.  It's a place to pop into for trade or clan research, then back out.  I know once the starmap interface is gone it might be better, but some npcs of some sort would give it some life.

I'ma have to rewatch it then, because I heard nothing of the sort.

I recall them mentioning it when being asked for more details on the Tenno. Like...

"Yeah we're not going to reveal much because we want anyone of any race and culture to be able to identify with their Tenno, but they're human.".

I think revealing what some of them look like under the mask would take away from the enigma that is the Tenno, I appreciate the mystery although I would like to know if they are more related to Dark Sector style mutations like Hayden Tenno as such is an inspiration but would be dissappointed if they were made to look human or even just unmasked regardless of the way they are designed just for the sake of npcs

I recall them mentioning it when being asked for more details on the Tenno. Like...

"Yeah we're not going to reveal much because we want anyone of any race and culture to be able to identify with their Tenno, but they're *not human.".

I just watched it earlier *not human

I'm all for this idea simply so that I can punch that jackwagon Tenno operative the Lotus sends us on distraction for right in the face.

"Hey guys! I found another set of four Latron Prime Receivers for you guys! Yes I know I already got you 12, but now y'all have four each! Isn't that great?!"

Yeah. No.

"Yeah we're not going to reveal much because we want anyone of any race and culture to be able to identify with their Tenno, but they're human.".

I just watched it earlier *not human

Well now I don't know what to believe.  Could you give me a general timestamp in the stream that the question came up in?  I must know for certain.

I´d love to see the faces of Tenno - even if they are half-covered like Lotus`.

Also tenno voices would be nice imo - the "mysterious silent mass murderer" theme is a bit ...meh.

I'd be totally against that.

a. Not revealing any racial or cultural details about the Tenno allows everyone to identify with them.

b. Same with the whole "silent protagonists" theme.

Edited by Brimir

I'm much rather see them cloaked (that is to say, to have them keep their physical appearances hidden). it adds a sort of mystique to them and lets them be more and more WHAT we think they might be. Are they physically damaged by the Void? Are they regular-looking people? Personally, I'd prefer to have the female rescue NPC get her mouth covered so we can better imagine them as WHAT we want them to.

Human or not, "Twisted by the Void" is up to a lot of interpretation.

I'd be totally against that.

a. Not revealing any racial or cultural details about the Tenno allows everyone to identify with them.

b. Same with the whole "silent protagonists" theme.

I WOULD, maybe, like to see at least one or two Tenno talk - in the form of announcer replacements to the Lotus - but DEFINITELY not the overall Tenno race talking ENTIRELY.
Edited by Morec0

No. reason : if they make them look like Justin Bieber it'll appeal to the young ones, but somebody like me will basically hate that (I'm really fed up with the mainstream aesthetical game design seen everywhere else); Soooo it's really better that they stay mysterious as they are right now.

as it is you can imagine your Rhino with Justin Bieber face if you want and I can imagine whatever my twisted mind could imagine for their faces..