Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warning You Are About To Fail Defense

RyanGo

I don't mean to make it too easy for people, but it would be nice (and also make a lot of sense) if Lotus warned us if our defense objective was at say 20% health or something. Also if the rescue target dies and needs to be revived (is that still a thing?)

inb4 logic unnecessary in video games

inb4 makes it too easy for hallway heroes and "bad players" that always stray from the objective

Just a suggestion, what do you guys think?

Just a suggestion, what do you guys think?

eh...

i honestly dont even care.

99% of the time im standing right near or directly on top of the objective defending it anyway... so if its going to die... i already have, and i know full well its going with me a short time later.

I know, right? Why don't these things have visible health bars or something?

#learningcurve

I'll admit that I get caught up in killing things and I don't always look at the health bar :(

Edited by RyanGo

while i'm not against this, most of the time if the Objective has taken that much Damage, it's going to die within the next second anyways :/

edit:

honestly though, the placement of the Health bar and the lack of easy visibility in the middle of combat of it, is the biggest offender. 

you just don't know that something is wrong.

here's an example of something that works.

whenever you close a menu in Borderlands 2, if you have unspent Skillpoints, it flashes a 'crosshair' from very large to disappearing small to the area where it shows how many Skillpoints you have to spend.

what this does, is repeatedly get your attention that you have unspent Skillpoints. however, it's not intrusive, so if you have a reason for not spending them, you won't be annoyed by it.

but it still grabs your attention.

there is also a periodic flash to also attempt to get your information as you play, to help you not forget about your Skillpoints. that effect is not intrusive at all.

we can do something in similar scope in Warframe, when an Objective is approaching failure, something on the screen that is easily noticable, but not intrusive.

Edited by taiiat

while i'm not against this, most of the time if the Objective has taken that much Damage, it's going to die within the next second anyways :/

yeah that's something else i thought about :( 50%?

Also lately the Lotus cues aren't exactly perfect timing (like during assassinations >___>)