Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does The Hate Need A Buff?

MyHappyFace

The Dread is an AMAZING bow, in fact it's one of my favorite weapons. When it got a buff, a while back, it just made me love it even more. The Despair are also really good weapons. Those two stalker weapons are great, They're worth farming for in my opinion, and I don't usually recommend farming anything because when you farm, you usually care about the end result and not about the fun you're having.

The weapons dropped by the three different assassins (five if you include the G3 as each individual assassin) are all worth it. Their drops are rewarding. The Braak and the Detron, I both have not personally used, but I hear all these great things about them. But there is one weapon that I don't really hear good things about and I rarely use, which is also a drop from one of the Assassins. Can you guess which one it is? Thats right, it's the Hate.

The Hate needs a buff to be honest, the only reason I kept it after building and then leveling it is because it's a stalker weapon. But that's the only reason I keep it. It's not that special to be honest, it can be beat by other melee weapons easily. I would much rather use other melee weapons like the Orthos/Orthos Prime, Fang/Fang Prime, Dual Zoren, Dual Ichor, or the Galatine. 

Only thing I ask for is that you raise it up to match the Galatine's charge damage. A base charge attack damage of 400. If not, atleast bump it up to 350/375. Please. It really isn't that special except for how you can obtain this weapon.

Scythes need a bit of attention in general. They have ridiculously short range with average charge damage (slight subpar in Reaper Prime's case) and less-than-astounding charge attack speed. Since extending its range hitbox without changing the animation would be a bit silly, I agree that their charge damage should be higher.

Instead of being mob-carving beasts like Orthos or Jat, they should be single-target destroyers like the Fang Primes (second-highest charge damage in the game when Rending Strike is equipped). Painfully short range, but when it hits, it hits hard.

Hmm, I'm not too inclined on making them high-damage single target weapons. Their representation as scythes sugests cutting down swathes of grain - in this case, that grain is space ork clones, space capitalists, and tyranid/zerg expies. Their range should also reflect that.

Hmm, I'm not too inclined on making them high-damage single target weapons. Their representation as scythes sugests cutting down swathes of grain - in this case, that grain is space ork clones, space capitalists, and tyranid/zerg expies. Their range should also reflect that.

The model sizes for the scythes are too small for that, though. If they were to give range to scythes, they'd need to either revamp animations to suit newly-increased sizes, or release a new class of scythe entirely.

Compare the scythes that we have in Warframe to mobbing-oriented scythes in other games.

ivory_scythe_337152666.jpg

I personally like the concept of our "realistic"-sized scythes. Gives an impression of "reaping one soul at a time" as opposed to the generic "carve 'em all up with giant twirly weapon" that we see too often in Korean fantasy games.

Edited by SortaRandom

I personally like the concept of our "realistic"-sized scythes. Gives an impression of "reaping one soul at a time" as opposed to the generic "carve 'em all up with giant twirly weapon" that we see too often in Korean fantasy games.

There's countless non-korean games where scythes are a long blade attached to a long pole, I don't know why you limit it to Korean fantasy games, even in popular culture Death is wielding a quite a long pole because that's what a scythe is in reality. Go grab a dictionary if you don't believe me.

You have it backwards, Warframe's scythe is actually quite odd, it is more akin to a sickle or kama and since we have both of those it's quite lame for what they call a "scythe" to be that puny.

Edited by Aishi

Honestly I'd like to see Reaper Prime get a buff because its prime. But I would also settle for Hate gearing a bit more (than it is, not entirely) towards puncture (due to the design) and Reaper towards slash. All while both recieve damage buffs

Sort of like Paris Prime and Dread.  It would be nice if they worked that way.

There's countless non-korean games where scythes are a long blade attached to a long pole, I don't know why you limit it to Korean fantasy games, even in popular culture Death is wielding a quite a long pole because that's what a scythe is in reality. Go grab a dictionary if you don't believe me.

You have it backwards, Warframe's scythe is actually quite odd, it is more akin to a sickle or kama and since we have both of those it's quite lame for what they call a "scythe" to be that puny.

The Asian games tend to take it a bit beyond that.  The picture he posted, for example.  That is a weapon that is not in anyway practical, having no balance at all.  But then, that's pretty typical for all their weapons, swords included.

That said, the scythes could use more reach.  My giant candy cane is about the same size as the Orthos.  It should have a similar reach.

Hm, upon a quick google of "Grim Reaper", most of the scythes pictured are indeed larger than the ones in Warframe, but are still nowhere near the extent of the over-the-top ones in, say, Korean fantasy games (the biggest culprits). None of the archetypal Grim Reaper scythes give a "carve 'em all up in one go" sort of feel, whereas scythes in typical fantasy games are generally humongous to the point of looking ridiculous. XD

By the way, sickles and kamas are tiny. WF's scythes might be small, but they're nowhere near the point of becoming confusable with sickles and kamas (both of which are small farming tools designed only for single-handed use).

This is getting a bit off-topic, though. My main point is that, realistic or not, Warframe's scythes are small, so a buff to attack range would be nonsensical without tweaking the models and revamping the animations. A much simpler tweak that doesn't dramatically alter gameplay for people who purchased the weapons would be to simply increase its charge damage to make it more effective in its niche.

Edited by SortaRandom

This is getting a bit off-topic, though. My main point is that, realistic or not, Warframe's scythes are small, so a buff to attack range would be nonsensical without tweaking the models and revamping the animations. A much simpler tweak that doesn't dramatically alter gameplay for people who purchased the weapons would be to simply increase its charge damage to make it more effective in its niche.

Why not both? DE has changed weapon models before (Gram), and if they do buff the damage I'd rather see scythes have increased crit chance and damage on both normal and charged attacks. There are only a small handful of melee weapons with decent crit, and no crit-focused heavy weapons apart from the Galatine's charge attack. Would be nice to have some variety there.