Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Drunken Ninjas

webkilla

I drink while playing on occasion, and I've played a few times after coming home from a big night. As long as I don't have my mic on it goes alright.

I actually tried to record a drunk conclave session once as well. I ended up deleting the footage the next morning upon reviewing it...

Edited by Sixty5

The amount of whiny baby food eaters in this thread is too damn high...

Never tried with warframe but did try in games like battlefield and metro last light

You are unable to chat (obviously) and your reactions are much slower which means you'll suck... Badly

Then you might fall asleep because well you're not moving so you get tired

Pfft, I do that sober. I'll start dozing off in the middle of a mission, and usually come to a second or two later running into a wall/corner. That's how I know I've done my last match for the night.

With the statement you started you do not by any means sound like an adult.  Drinking heavily at all times is very silly, but drinking in moderation is socially acceptable. Calling everyone that drinks "losers" is a childish and rude thing to say. So I do not believe you are of proper age or you have not had a positive experience. 

Trying to justify your habit to spend all of your unemployment benefit on cheap boxed vine?

open spoiler only if you are +21 in USA or +18 in the rest of the world xD

sure, playing games while drunk is fun as hell. it's like this

Oh my god they where playing on hard difficulty and they didn't even know it. HAHAHA no wonder they had to drink a lot.

Also I do play warframe while drinking some times. I don't really need to concentrate when I play Rhino. =D

I suffer from chronic back issues, Spinal stenosis, arthiritis setting in early due to trauma to the l4-l5 region, every disc above it has started bulging

http://i.imgur.com/6lctyAZ.jpg   (more or less constantly pain)

That being said, I have had plenty of time playing this game under the influence of pain killers. Really doesn't change much, Kinda go into that spacey "I totally get it, the lotus is like... the tenno are like you know that thing."

Game isn't a very high functioning part of brain demander.

Actually most of the time I play this game while intoxicated are when I need to grind something out. Makes it more bearable.

Also when I say playing drunk I mean having a vodka and coke or something on hand, and taking it slow.

There is nothing wrong with enjoying a couple of quiet ones to reduce the grind.

As someone who spends a fair amount of time intoxicated, I can say this:

I enjoy the game more while under the influence (not just of beer) but my skill level suffers (I think).

I think this turned into a thread where all the underage folks try to show off that they can drink/hate drinking.  Not surprised.

Edit: Also, this:

people play games sober?

Edited by Spliffy_McGee

Yep most fridays that I play, 

There is a really interesting point for me where my brain can no longer process the all the visual stimulus as fast as a game the speed of warframe throws it at me but i'm still good at it. This lasts about 15 or so minutes then I go get my next drink, then I can't play effectively anymore and I go to bed. I also do this with racing games but my skill degrades much more quickly in those, which holds it's own amusement.

Edited by NevanChambers

I agree, its disgusting

God the immaturity is insanely strong in you. Its as if someone drinks just a sip it becomes instant AA meetings or something. Some people don't even drink casually like myself but I don't mind having a beer when offered I have no real discontent with drinking only the addiction is disgusting to me.

Grow up you're 26 years old you can make the clear distinction between, "I find drinking to get drunk disgusting" or "drinking constantly to get drunk all the time (everyday at any or all hours) is for losers."

Edited by ViLeDeth

I agree, its disgusting

Thank you o moral guidepost. Without your gentle persuasion I would have never known what a filthy putrid human being I am. It's good to know there are perfect people out there who can stand in judgement of others. It will really help with my future decisions

Edited by NevanChambers

As I sit here in between games, sipping my drink, I can't help but laugh.

Though not drinking is a perfectly fine choice, and one I respect, foisting your opinion onto those of us who do is a tad ignorant. 

When I drink myself it is to enhance the experience, to loosen up, to have a good time. Granted there are some people who drink to get absolutely trashed (I know a few of them) and you are right, it does get a tad disgusting, but making a blanket rule over anyone who enjoys a quiet drink is a tad presumptuous.

Besides, you look stressed, have a drink.

Just out of curiosity - and because my judgement may or may not be impaired as of writing this - have any of you ever tried playing Warframe while drunk?

I mean, we all know that Drunken Master style martial arts is best martial arts - so... drunken tenno?

And always: drink responsibly (Or the Lotus sends you to NAA)

You mean people usually play sober?

I had a friend playing as zephyr after 4 drinks, he giggled like a school girl every time he used the *slam my face into the ground and win* (I don't know her ability names as I don't own her atm. But it was quite comical if I do say so.