The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Dont Think People Realize How Large Melee 2.0 Is.

TurretGunZ

it was said in the last devstream that they've plucked some features from the mellee 2.0 that made it feel like devil may cry. well, according to them..

OP, you will like slashing and stabbing with style i bet , that you will forget what you said here! this mellee 2.0 will be great!! (im so positive today. lul)

Well something like this is not simple and no one wants to take it seriously. It shouldn’t matter if I use grammar wrong or make hundreds of misspelled words. As fans you should be giving DE your complete support. Do you realize how stressful this has been for them?

so you expect everybody to just deal with your incompetence/laziness BEFORE considering what you have to say? Your self-entitlement is disgusting.

Edited by Legion-Shields

It's not just some new weapons or animation changes, its turning the Melee combat of Warframe into that of a Hack n' Slash Action console game to that of games like Devil May Cry. Something (at least im not sure) that has never been done with a large multiplayer online PC game like this before.

This Update will change the very game of Warframe forever, something that could either make Warframe larger then what it ever thought of being or a horrible mess. Its all going to depend on how its handled by Digital Extremes.

So if they have hundreds of people breathing down there neck saying to release it out of pressure, it could be the biggest mistake they have ever made. Nothing good has come out of rushing to release a new game or feature and Warframe will be no exception.

So I know its very hard waiting in anticipation wanting it so badly, but something like this needs to be perfected and test the hell out of before release. I'm not telling you to be patient, but to just keep in mind of how important this is and give it time supporting the developers every step of the way. Always remember that Warframe would never have come this far if it wasent for player feedback. \

EDIT: I in NO way was trying to insult DE, I have faith in them, but I needed to address the people who keep complaining about how long its taking to release and have them know it will be worth the wait, as long as they accept that DE can do this without worries and have more confidence in themselves and their fans. This needed to be said.

Thanks a bunch..

Now to OP.. Good points, I agree with you. It's quite a gamble.

But I have a strong feeling that this one move can really make warframe standout in most tps I've seen. Just imagine how unique it will become after that update..

Buggy or not when they decide to release it tho, I will still be very happy. They will fix/change stuff overtime anyway.

Edited by Scherhardt

DE should have released a build at some point where we could swap to the melee weapon out by itself but still use the regular melee system. Then later we could have all the silly combos and crazyness that was later promised. 

It would have been a smaller upgrade but that was the original concept of melee 2.0. Now it keeps changing and growing and being reworked and delayed and being worked on and delayed and changed and delayed.... and.... 

http://imgur.com/gallery/bfHvGkj

Honestly I don't mind waiting on the update more time means less bugs and better polish on the work so its less work to fix the "oops we dun goofed on dis one boss" later.

these two posts are talking about the core of the problem.

we should be able (beta? remember?) to have the opportunity to try things while being developed,because thats the idea of a beta, not only a safe net for developers.

when melee 2.0 arrives, it will be full of bugs, mainly because we could not try it in steps, but as a whole finished product.

main issue?

updates being promoted while in early stage of development (vor's prize being delayed for months now), bringing all the unnecesary hype.

DE deploying finished stuff, instead of giving us parts of it to test, making any change in the end more difficult to apply.

would be nice to see a devstream, the guys laughing and telling about the new stuff, and in the end:

Steve - "Welp guys,  update X will be deployed next wednesday, because we spended this hour talking about something that is nearly done, not a mere project that, eventually, maybe, we will apply into the game"

sounds profesional and weird, right?

Edited by omega_phoenix

DE has a lot of true geniuses working there. But they cant communicate. They sure can market, even using staff looks and the personal bond that players feel towards some team members to their advantage. They cant decide, as a team, where some things should be headed, and they keep feeding us mystery meat. Lore is like that, it is incomplete for us because it is incomplete, period. We have the idea that it is just not fully revealed. I maintain it is not fully WRITTEN or developed at all.

Back on Melee 2.0. If DE didnt announce it when they fixed Loki`s invisibility working on sentinels (a HUGE issue that would have brought them praise ONLY), what makes me think the update notes for Melee 2.0 will be complete enough? Exactly, nothing. Beta testers (or the WF players that still are not bothered by that kubrowcrap) will be explained the system, and be left to slice dice smash their way thru the system with little to no knowledge of particular changes to weapons.

I don't think that they can't communicate. They've been paying special attention to letting players know what's going on. They've gotten much better about communication than they were.

As far as lore, my opinion is that they have lore written. Some of it will be cannon, but they want players to help write what they want to happen or make it happen with their actions. That's how I interpret events. No, I don't think they have explored every nook and cranny of the story like George RR Martin but I think they are working hard to figure it out. That is the blessing and curse of having multiple people decide on where to structure and develop a game. Multiple inputs and multiple opinions.

I disagree with the part where you assume players will be thrown in with no knowledge of the changes. First, they are working on tutorials and codex entries so that people don't have to rely on the wiki. I thought there was plenty of explanation with damage 2.0 until they changed it a second time and made like 16 different enemy types.

we should be able (beta? remember?) to have the opportunity to try things while being developed,because thats the idea of a beta, not only a safe net for developers.

I completely agree with this. These are huge new systems being implemented. It's much harder to change the final product than to change it during the process.

There should be an "opt-in" option for testing new systems.

Edited by SteeleTheShow

I completely agree with this. These are huge new systems being implemented. It's much harder to change the final product than to change it during the process.

There should be an "opt-in" option for testing new systems.

Fairly certain "we" are the opt-in system, PS4 gets the finished product.

I'd rather get something closer to being completed and send in a bug report with a list of smaller manageable bugs then a broken heap of code thats supposed to resemble a working product, looking at you Helios.

Edit - Yes I realize Helios will be functional someday, just wish DE put a lil' more time into it before tossing it to the masses.

Edited by Nurmetya

Fairly certain "we" are the opt-in system, PS4 gets the finished product.

I'd rather get something closer to being completed and send in a bug report with a list of smaller manageable bugs then a broken heap of code thats supposed to resemble a working product, looking at you Helios.

Edit - Yes I realize Helios will be functional someday, just wish DE put a lil' more time into it before tossing it to the masses.

well, thats the problem.

obviously for DE, helios was in good shape to be released (is not), and we are talking about a mere sentinel.

imagine how an entire system will arrive, when no one has tried it before (and by how it sounds, far more complex than damage 2.0).

i am adapting on how DE works, and for what i have seen by now, i prefer to test parts of it instead of a final product. (because helios was good enough to be released, and is broken as it could be for now), lets see what happens, hopefully i am wrong and melee 2.0 will be amazing.

If you don't care about minimal presentation standards, people won't care about what you have to say.

Silliest reasoning I've ever heard. Either you can read or you cannot.

Aside from that, I'm tired of waiting for melee 4.0. I need to know how close DE is to finishing and roughly how much longer this is going to take. Originally everyone expected the melee update with 12.0. Everyone has been reasonably patient and it would be nice if DE didn't leave the completion date completely open-ended. As far as we know, it could be done today or a month from now.      

I don't think that they can't communicate. They've been paying special attention to letting players know what's going on. They've gotten much better about communication than they were.

As far as lore, my opinion is that they have lore written. Some of it will be cannon, but they want players to help write what they want to happen or make it happen with their actions. That's how I interpret events. No, I don't think they have explored every nook and cranny of the story like George RR Martin but I think they are working hard to figure it out. That is the blessing and curse of having multiple people decide on where to structure and develop a game. Multiple inputs and multiple opinions.

I disagree with the part where you assume players will be thrown in with no knowledge of the changes. First, they are working on tutorials and codex entries so that people don't have to rely on the wiki. I thought there was plenty of explanation with damage 2.0 until they changed it a second time and made like 16 different enemy types.

They may have gotten better at communicating, but I dont think I ever saw an update come without being followed by Hidden Update Features thread on the forums. A thread that should embarrass anyone who is responsible for relaying information inside DE, really (Not picking on whoever writes the update notes on the forums). From weapon changes, ability changes, drop changes, to basically anything, you think of an update and you can find a bucket of examples where beta-testers where given detective job. It is something like walking into the supermarket, having a nicely dressed girl offer you a product to try but refusing to tell you what is in it at all, except that it is food.

While I would absolutely love a game with a story as deep as Martin`s books, I am fully aware I am a weird old hippie that would play it even if the gameplay was crap. Telling you from experience too! What irks me are basic storywritting principles being ignored. Dead Asscalibro for instance. NO way around the fact we all saw him being cut, empty warframe or not. This is a direct conflict that negates the team previous words on Tenno being individuals, unless the one-year-open-beta gift for us is his retirement from the game. Killing a main character is surely valid story-writting. Turning your head to the fact he is dead is not.

When Damage 2.0 hit I felt like that too, I was not among the ones completely confused by it. Cannot forget that many many weapons were changed without any mention either. Or when my Sentinel went invisible when I played Loki after the hidden fix.

It's not just some new weapons or animation changes, its turning the Melee combat of Warframe into that of a Hack n' Slash Action console game to that of games like Devil May Cry. 

It's been commented on already, but I'm pretty sure they said that it wasn't going to be like DMC. Perhaps you're the one who doesn't realize how big (or small) Melee 2.0 will be?

Besides, a combat system like DMC's would be horrible with the P2P matchmaking Warframe uses. A system that depends on timing should not have to deal with lag. 

Presentation is half the argument.  A lot more people are going to listen to the fine gentleman behind the podium rather than a hill billy standing on a box

Don't get it twisted, this is a forum not a motivational seminar. Presentation IS NOT HALF THE ARGUMENT. Its not that much to read so yes, get over it.

It's not just some new weapons or animation changes, its turning the Melee combat of Warframe into that of a Hack n' Slash Action console game to that of games like Devil May Cry. Something (at least im not sure) that has never been done with a large multiplayer online PC game like this before. This Update will change the very game of Warframe forever, something that could either make Warframe larger then what it ever thought of being or a horrible mess. Its all going to depend on how its handled by Digital Extremes. So if they have hundreds of people breathing down there neck saying to release it out of pressure, it could be the biggest mistake they have ever made. Nothing good has come out of rushing to release a new game or feature and Warframe will be no exception. So I know its very hard waiting in anticipation wanting it so badly, but something like this needs to be perfected and test the hell out of before release. I'm not telling you to be patient, but to just keep in mind of how important this is and give it time supporting the developers every step of the way. Always remember that Warframe would never have come this far if it wasent for player feedback. EDIT: I in NO way was trying to insult DE, I have faith in them, but I needed to address the people who keep complaining about how long its taking to release and have them know it will be worth the wait, as long as they accept that DE can do this without worries and have more confidence in themselves and their fans. This needed to be said.

Well said....i must confess i was soo impatient and annoyed they werent releasing it but after seeing and hearing more i understand it could be a long time coming but id rather ti be right and only need tiny tweeks then be a rushed mess and need complete overhauls. 

why would DE take out the parts of melee that make it feel like Devil May Cry?....a hack and slash (also shoot'em up) plethora of awesomeness XD; however...if it was like the blaspheme/bane to the Devil May Cry series that is DMC: Devil May Cry (why use DMC if your still going to write Devil May Cry or vice versa 0o)....then and only then will i understand it

P.S.

Dante can be described as "Master of Gun and Sword"....what the tenno are...right? 

Melee 2.0 is going to be good. This is exactly what this game needs is DMC action. >:D I like so totally can't wait... Gleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

DE explained very clearly this is going to be like DMC. We seen the animations. Totally DMC!

Edited by Pirate_Shark

Melee 2.0 was at the first stages exactly what you said it isn't, it was the ability to use the melee as a primary weapon with a few tweaks to the movement, but it has grown far beyond that now. The reason so many are screaming for it, is of course they said it would be out long ago. As it has grown the date keeps pushing back.

What they could have done to make people happy was roll out the ability to use melee as a primary and a few tweaks, then go completely off as they have now and revamped the entire system and gave a whole update to it.

They took a simple idea and blew it up and made the mistake of telling the public it would be out sooner then change course with what the vision was.

Melee 2.0 was announced months ago, and has been getting constant change ever since. I agree with you but still.

This is a BETA and DE knows that. We're here to test, and give feedback for this, so if they were to release it as it is, we could help them shape it into what we want.

so far, in the HISTORY off MMO beta tests...the beta testers have NEVER reacted that way.  They always treat it like its the regular game, and the griping over said personal axes to grind or personal things they like/dislike about any minutae that they feel is important is exploded across whatever communication medium they feel will put the most weight on their ONE issue.  So you get HUNDREDS of posts about HUNDREDS of things, all of which will apparently break the game, make the game too easy/hard, will ruin the game, will ruin DE, or means that DE is somehow a money grubbing corporation intent on chasing the all mighty dollah.........

In short, I dont think its always a good idea to let  your 'beta testers' test everything.