The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helmet Stats On Prime Frames.

GONZI2013

Ok, before you rage in the chat, read this post first.

A lot of people (me included) feel that prime frames should get a stat difference to their normal counterparts since it is easier to just put a forma on your frame then just farm the prime.

Now that helmet stats are being removed, I was thinking, why not implement the system on prime frames?

For example :

- Rhino Prime will have more health(+100 health) but less speed( -.15 run speed)

- Loki Prime will have a longer power duration at the cost of energy pool size.

(I know they're bad examples)

Now if you put a stat helm on the prime frame the stats wont stack so if you a Tharak(is that how you spell it?) on Rhino Prime you wont get +125 health.

The way I see it, implementing this will give players a reason to get their warframe's prime counterpart while still keeping the base frame open for choice. Just like the Devs said in devstream #25 : We want everything in the game to have a purpose.

Thoughts?

Now you can rage in the chat.

Edited by GONZI2013

Why would they do this if they are essentially tossing out the idea of stat helms anyway?

By the way for those of you who have your stat helm your being grandfathered, that means you get to keep your helm but will given a statless variant as well when they decide to change this feature over.

I think the Devs said something about making primes better than the normal ones. 

they are trying to but that not with helms, no more stat altering cosmetics the Devs are never going to make any type of cosmetic that increase or decrease stats also -1.15 speed would make rhinoP have -0.15 speed anyways

Edited by Sasoka

For example :

- Rhino Prime will have more health(+100 health) but less speed( -1.15 run speed)

- Loki Prime will have a longer power duration at the cost of energy pool size.

(I know they're bad examples)

Primes are never inferior to their re-manufactured versions. So yes, they'll buff the Prime frames compared to their "lesser" versions, but not give them worse numbers in any stat.

As for altering the base frame's stats, I personally would like them to strip the stats off helmets and instead put them into "seals", which get a special slot in your loadout that grants these buffs/debuffs, so you can pick any helmet and appearance and yet have the stat of your choice, not visually affecting anything.

Edited by ScorpDK

Why would they do this if they are essentially tossing out the idea of stat helms anyway?

By the way for those of you who have your stat helm your being grandfathered, that means you get to keep your helm but will given a statless variant as well when they decide to change this feature over.

While I am on bored for taking the stats out of helms. That doesn't mean the idea should be removed completely. giving prime frams their own buff and de buffwill at least give people a reason to get them other than saying "Ooo!! Shiny."

Primes are never inferior to their re-manufactured versions. So yes, they'll buff the Prime frames compared to their "lesser" versions, but not give them worse numbers in any stat.

As for altering the base frame's stats, I personally would like them to strip the stats off helmets and instead put them into "seals", which get a special slot in your loadout that grants these buffs/debuffs, so you can pick any helmet and appearance and yet have the stat of your choice, not visually affecting anything.

That does make sense but keep in mind that I came up with the idea with the interest of balance.

Cosmetics shouldn't have any stat bonuses, I agree with this too. I have most helmets, and I rather they did not come with stats.

However, it would be nice (from a game play perspective) to preserve the current stat customizations helmets provide, granted in a different manner, via mods or something else.

Edited by HansJurgen