The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Balancing of the LEX.

taiiat

skimmed a few pages and didn't notice anything on this, so -

unless i'm missing something, while i do really like the LEX, it also feels really ineffective compared to say, the LATO.

it's rate of fire is ungodly slow, and while it hits for a much higher amount of damage, the LATO in most any situation except ridiculous range sniping can kill an enemy far, far faster.

the LEX feels great sometimes, but unfortunately, it doesn't usually.

note, this is not with using weapons with totally OP mods at level 100 or w/e.

weapons can't only be balanced on what they will be at the end with all the upgrades, in the earlier end a weapon shouldn't feel totally different than if you have mods to totally change the gun.

overall, i'm saying that the LEX feels really inferior to the LATO even, not even any of the other pistols.

i think it should fire faster, say, the same speed as the Snipetron, as that is a heavier style shoot speed, but not eternity like the LEX is now.

as well as the LEX should deal some more damage, nothing major but the shots don't feel very powerful compared to the damage output of faster weapons.

the LEX also feels like it should have some armor piercing ability, due to it's supposedly more powerful projectiles over faster firing weapons.

the armor piercing to start adding more personality to weapons. guns in general in Warframe feel while different accuracy, firing rates, damage, and etc - still pretty similar to each other, with little in ways of features that specialize weapons for different things.

I felt the same way about the LEX. Especially in the beginning, it is ungodly weak in comparison - but then again, all sidearms are. I stuck it out with her, and around level 5 to 6, she started picking up her breakfast like a good girl. After a day of play, she is now sitting at a resprectable 28 - and even heavy armoured lvl ~25 Grineer drop after two hits to the face, regardless the distance.

She is a slow lady, the LEX. But she hits like a brick. Probably the most damage-per-ammopool pistol we can use.

with the proper mods the Lex can be very powerful but off the starting line it is pretty weak

The Lex needs two buffs:

1. The ability to actually hit what you're aiming at (like the Snipetron)

2. A firerate buff to ~1.2. Bam. Headshotting machine. Sure your DPS is still worse than a Lato but if you're good at headshots you're just going to be chain-headshotting things until the cows come home.

Edited by MJ12

I felt the same way about the LEX. Especially in the beginning, it is ungodly weak in comparison - but then again, all sidearms are. I stuck it out with her, and around level 5 to 6, she started picking up her breakfast like a good girl.

i've been using the LEX for a considerable amount of time, it's approaching 20. it's definitely effective, but little things here and there really make it very inferior to other choices. it probably doesn't help that mods i've picked up aren't that tuned to improving the main benefits of the LEX, but every gun should be decent without mods.

1. The ability to actually hit what you're aiming at (like the Snipetron)

i won't complain about better accuracy, lol - but, from my experience, the LEX is already like a pistol version of a sniper rifle. it's extremely accurate.

don't get me wrong, i'm not complaining about a lower DPS, that does make sense for more powerful weapon styles, but the difference between slower weapons and faster ones seems to be too large.

also - i picked the LEX because it's the style of weapon i prefer, as well as it seemed like a good choice for a sidearm to act more like a primary, as i all but never use my primary, my LEX is basically my primary. i do carry a Snipetron, but i still find myself using the LEX more. without a cover system and enemies that get in close a lot, a sniper rifle while effective, isn't often a good weapon choice for general purpose.

Edited by taiiat

I'm running my LEX with 4 mods - Puncture, clip size, fire rate, general damage. It's quite obvious, why - I am mitigating the LEX major drawbacks. Puncture helps getting more damage out of each shot, clipsize covers reload times, firerate is a no brainer and general damage because I don't have room left for specific damage.

I really like the Lex as well, and agree on the points here. I get that it is supposed to fire slow, but man is it slow. Its great feeling pulling off headshots with it but what happens to you in all the time between shots often makes me feel like I wish I had another gun instead.

meh i think the lex is not all in need of a rebalancing , cause the guns are not supposed to be OP at the start , i did not like the LEX at the start but love it now cause ive got it to lvl 21 and have fitted it with quite good mods its quite beast tbh