The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Let Us Choose The Mastery Rank Of People We Are Getting Matched With

Detheroc

Ok, first of all, this is not a hate post against beginners. This is meant as calm feedback. I dont leave instantly if i see that i get matched with MR 0 people on eurasia. I try to win it with them. But everytime i want to play interception to lvl up my stuff or get Natural talent, i get matched with atleast 2 MR 0 people. And everytime the mission fails because im basically just running around reviving people that die because of the ridiculous masses of enemies that spawn. (Those masses are the only reason i play interception online, because solo it just even more boring). So please let us set the minimum MR of people we are getting matched with, just like we can choose the maximum of ping.

Too abusive, what is stopping people to select never to be paired with lower leveled people?

Not a good way to bring in new people.

Just like you said, the low level perfomance is symptome not the cause it's the Map's spawn rate and enemy difficulty's fault.

Edited by Morgax

Well I do agree there needs to be some selective match making (Perhaps so that it depends on the conclave rating of your gear)

But what do you expect when you play a low level planet.

Yeah well, there is no interception mission on other planets.

Too abusive, what is stopping people to select never  to be paired with lower leveled people?

Not a good way to bring in new people.

Just like you said, the low level perfomance is symptom not the cause it's the Map's spawn rate and enemy difficulty's fault.

But if new people get used to play with MR 12 to carry them, they wont ever learn how to play solo.

But if new people get used to play with MR 12 to carry them, they wont ever learn how to play solo.

Depends on people, i played solo mostly in early levels unless i had to do defense missions.

Eitherway, getting them paired with low levels certainly won't help if they perform the same.

I go to low level area's like Eurasia with the intention of playing with lower level players and giving them a better experience.

MR doesnt equal Skill... Ima run around in a lvl 2 Excalibur with MK1-Braton, Skana and Lato if this ever gets implemented. 

If you want to go 15+ rounds on Eurasia get a group in recruit.

Mastery Rank 0 players are supposedly only matched with Rank 0 players... but Interception is a hard cookie. Lots of new players bite their teeth out on it.

There's not many that attempt it and there's probably not enough other Rank 0 players to match them with.

I think this might be the problem of Interception more than that of new players.

However, your method is doomed to fail.

Mastery Rank does not equal Ability

It's just determination and grind.

If anything, Conclave Rating could give a way to pick out players with advanced and valuable gear but...

I fear that new players will get left out if there is a way to do something like this...

Maybe this game needs a "Coach" function like in TF2...?

Don't worry about interception at the moment thats getting nerfed (on one of the livestreams Scott confesed to pushing the difficulty). As for matching with rank, rank doesn't matter so much as conclave. Conclave is the rating of their gear the better their gear is the longer they can survive and help. I consider rank as your personal exp with the game, the higher the more you know of the game.

Edited by Postal_pat

Mastery Rank has nothing to do with play ability but it does tell you people do not have the gear to be there.

DE is looking into fixing this issue.

Best fix I can think of is slightly changing Earth's map to be

Eurasia            Lith

\             /

\          /

Mantle

/          \

/              \

Oro            Pacific

This would place Eurasia on a side spoke similar the Cambria (first Survival mission) and not have Eurasia on the main trunk line through the Solar Map.

Besides this being an abusive idea/concept this won't solve anything.

Every so often one meets high ranked players acting like perfect asswipes (spawnkillers) and doing whatever they want without any regard for the rest of the team. 

Believe it or not you can choose what Mastery Level you play with.

You choose a squad from your clan members.

Why are you leveling in Interception?  Survival gives you as much or more leveling opportunities and far greater rewards.

i agree with the survival comment. but i know for my self when i am using a predominate puncture damage weapon that i am starting at level zero, i prefer leveling it on a low level, high spawn grineer board. only until i can slap a serration or something on it. works same way with weapons that have greater slash or impact. once i can fit a full serration il go to void survivals.

i agree with the survival comment. but i know for my self when i am using a predominate puncture damage weapon that i am starting at level zero, i prefer leveling it on a low level, high spawn grineer board. only until i can slap a serration or something on it. works same way with weapons that have greater slash or impact. once i can fit a full serration il go to void survivals.

Well, i have to disaggree because of this:

•    XP gained through Affinity Orbs and Challenge XP will now work the same way as XP shared from teammate kills:
•    25% to Frame
•    25% to Primary Weapon
•    25% to Secondary Weapon
•    25% to Melee weapon

This counts for the XP you get for capturing a tower.

I got around 20k XP for Warframe, Primary, Secondary, Melee after 3 waves. Without affinity booster.

The weapon i used to kill got around 40k.

Edited by Detheroc

I dont leave instantly if i see that i get matched with MR 0 people on eurasia. I try to win it with them. But everytime i want to play interception to lvl up my stuff or get Natural talent, i get matched with atleast 2 MR 0 people.

---

And everytime the mission fails

This brings up a great point. Even with a mastery 12* , Eurasia can often result in a wipe.

Imagine how hard that mission is for rank 0's without a rank 12. This mission needs to be moved off of the path, and appear on higher level planets.

The solution is NOT nerfing the mission - it's one of the best times that can be had in WF.

*your rank? you mention that # in other post

what i do know is that nothing increases my weapon ranking faster than a survival. ive gone up 12 ranks in 20mins in a t1. if i play interception ,which i have, i would be lucky to get half the ranking in the same amount of time. not sure how numbers work out. but the results are clear