The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grineer Systems Transmission And U13 Hype Megathread

Archistopheles

You know Beta means broken and not ready for release. This game still has some fundamental netcode and matchmaking issues that should not be in a full game regardless of the lack of an end game. Ever since companies started called demo's on consoles Betas people seem to think oh Beta means finished game now.

Since someone brought up blizzard, they always have Public Test Realms on their released games for major updates, so players who don't mind helping out can go and test things before it gets pushed to the live server.

De needs to decide if it's a Beta and just release the content so us beta testers can test it, Or if it's a full game, make a PTR so it can be pressure and bug tested before it goes live. If badlands really is in update 13 and they are going to drop it with no pressure or load testing, expect a lot of hotfixes next week.

That is not in fact what it means anymore.  Not in the context of a F2P context.  Yes it's not going to be perfect (beta), there will be bugs and the need for numerous hot fixes (beta), the feature set will probably undergo changes potentially major ones (beta), but because it has such a large active player base they cannot release half finished or game breaking things.   Anything they add must meet a minimum level of stability and completeness to avoid a player revolt.  It doesn't have to be 100% it does need to be close because the paradigm has shifted.

Woaaah. I'm not sure who's in charge of the warframe twitter but this is a really awful response to a query surrounding the U13 delay debacle. What a seriously misguided tweet.

I actually thought that was funny and appropriate.

If you think being asked if you are "drinking the Greedy Milk" is an insult I suggest you reevaluate your life choices as you are definitely not a part of Team Greed the greatest deadly sin related team in warframe... also the only one but we shoot anyone counting...for money.

GO TEAM GREED

I actually thought that was funny and appropriate.

If you think being asked if you are "drinking the Greedy Milk" is an insult I suggest you reevaluate your life choices as you are definitely not a part of Team Greed the greatest deadly sin related team in warframe... also the only one but we shoot anyone counting...for money.

GO TEAM GREED

It's got nothing to do with whether some people find it funny or not and everything to do with whether or not it's a good IDEA to be mocking players who ask questions surrounding a big content delay. That's bad PR.

Edited by Tiqalicious

It's got nothing to do with whether some people find it funny or not and everything to do with whether or not it's a good IDEA to be mocking players who ask questions surrounding a big content delay. That's bad PR.

I didn't see anything mocking the players, but perhaps I'm not as sensitive as you.  I did see a humorous response referring to a community in-joke with no clear answer to the question to the positive or negative effect.

not even the person it was in response to appears upset about it... so why are you?

Edited by Agent_of_Change

That is not in fact what it means anymore.  Not in the context of a F2P context.  Yes it's not going to be perfect (beta), there will be bugs and the need for numerous hot fixes (beta), the feature set will probably undergo changes potentially major ones (beta), but because it has such a large active player base they cannot release half finished or game breaking things.   Anything they add must meet a minimum level of stability and completeness to avoid a player revolt.  It doesn't have to be 100% it does need to be close because the paradigm has shifted.

If they really cared about stability they would fix the netcode issues before pumping out more platinum making content. They are just being theatrical the grineersystems is living proof they want hype of a big reveal more than anything else. melee 2.0, badlands certainly don't need to be in the same update, thats just asking for trouble.

I didn't see anything mocking the players, but perhaps I'm not as sensitive as you.  I did see a humorous response referring to a community in-joke with no clear answer to the question to the positive or negative effect.

not even the person it was in response to appears upset about it... so why are you?

Hmm, it could be I'm just being paranoid. It's just that I've seen far too many situations where someone representing a company makes an offhand joke that winds up being recieved poorly and ends in a rather extensive crapstorm. I guess I'm just weary about that sort of thing.

If they really cared about stability they would fix the netcode issues before pumping out more platinum making content. They are just being theatrical the grineersystems is living proof they want hype of a big reveal more than anything else. melee 2.0, badlands certainly don't need to be in the same update, thats just asking for trouble.

except that the community kind of fed the beast. I'm not saying DE is completely without mistake in this drama but the community needs to shoulder it's share of the blame here.

There is a bit of a hype Ouroboros DE tells us about X, the community over hypes it, DE moves to meet that hype community hypes up, wanting to avoid disappointing DE again tries to up their game, etc...  DE chasing the Hype which regardless of what they do just grows (though sometimes they help it along).

I agree going to big is asking for trouble, but it's not like the community didn't all but demand they go big.

Hmm, it could be I'm just being paranoid. It's just that I've seen far too many situations where someone representing a company makes an offhand joke that winds up being recieved poorly and ends in a rather extensive crapstorm. I guess I'm just weary about that sort of thing.

I can understand this, but I'm not willing to instantly assume the worst in this case.  I think that the WF community (not you in particular mind you) is just by an large a bit brittle and a large faction is always looking for something to pick at.

I get being tired of it, I too am weary of the unrelenting negativity, which drives my responses.

except that the community kind of fed the beast. I'm not saying DE is completely without mistake in this drama but the community needs to shoulder it's share of the blame here.

There is a bit of a hype Ouroboros DE tells us about X, the community over hypes it, DE moves to meet that hype community hypes up, wanting to avoid disappointing DE again tries to up their game, etc...  DE chasing the Hype which regardless of what they do just grows (though sometimes they help it along).

I agree going to big is asking for trouble, but it's not like the community didn't all but demand they go big.

I am going to agree on that point. What are we on now, the 4th iteration of melee 2.0 because they keep saying they can't meet the hype. I'm the opposite of that issue, I just want them to release whatever they have, let us test it and give opinions on it.

I am going to agree on that point. What are we on now, the 4th iteration of melee 2.0 because they keep saying they can't meet the hype. I'm the opposite of that issue, I just want them to release whatever they have, let us test it and give opinions on it.

There's no measurable amount of hype. Therefore there's no way to measure "are we meeting the hype". The community isn't making DE delay Melee 2.0. At some point they need to be satisfied with what they're putting out, put their foot down, and just tell the community X, Y, and Z that are going to come with Melee 2.0.

there in lies the rub i suppose.  If the changes were as drastic as they have implied, would releasing "what they had" do any good if they two weeks later release something completely different but closer to what they were going for?  would they have to spend time on bug fixes for the version they released but had to ditch?

Those aren't rhetorical questions, just ones I don't think we have answers for.

In that regard i prefer to wait until DE itself settles on the direction they think they will be going for the long term.

There's no measurable amount of hype. Therefore there's no way to measure "are we meeting the hype". The community isn't making DE delay Melee 2.0. At some point they need to be satisfied with what they're putting out, put their foot down, and just tell the community X, Y, and Z that are going to come with Melee 2.0.

That's part of the issue, it's a gut check, and they have decided that in their opinion they were going to fall short and they needed to do more.  That is 100% their call, they are WF's Devs and we either trust them or we don't.

Speaking of delays, how about that devstream, 5:20am here in Australia, shows I am kinda passionate about the game. I'm just one of those people if I say I'm going to be somewhere or do something, then that's what I do.

Yes the delay explanation stream seems to be delayed.

Any white knights want to put a good spin on that.