Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About The Tenno's Culture De...

Deidaku

Since they can be of any ethnicity , why do they only exhibit oriental culture objects in the Dojo ,especially Japanese  like the bells , Ying yang ( I think that chinese) , Shinto Shrine part, A buddah , an oriental dragon ....And so on.

I find this weird considering the fact that the frame's themselves have some western influence in their design : Excalibur= well the sword in the stone obviouslly 

Vauban , :  named after french military engineer : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C3%A9bastien_Le_Prestre_de_Vauban ( really well found DE :O ) 

Volt : Alessandro Volta 

Loki = More scandinavian that western.

Trinity  = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity

Zephyr = Zephyrus = greek god

Oberon = the king of faries  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oberon

VAlkyr =  Valkyrie 

But the frames are only the armors, so shouldn't  the decorations  reflect the heritage of the other warriors around the world who fought for honor?

I have a few in mind like  african warriors  ( egyptians mostly ) ,  incan warriors   ,  an other civilizations...

Since the tenno seem to be a part of the remains of the rest of the human race , then they should represent it more as a whole.+ it could open the door to more weapon types and maybe new frames .

That is all. 

this is not a rant btw X)

But in a game where ninja's play for free, i'm pretty sure most ninja's prefer that oriental feel :C 

I know but they aren't all very ninja right now....i mean look at oberon...he' probably the less ninja thing i've ever seen...( how can he wall run X) )

and galatines....rocket launchers....Flak cannons X)

its entirely possible for one culture to adapt traits of another while retaining its own, especially in a culture that does alot of trading, or one that is highly transitional such as the tenno

its the same thing as when japanese people wear western clothes and live in western style houses, but still observe japanese traditions and culture

Edited by HillsAndTheSea

They a from the far flung future, on a long enough time line everything becomes an amalgamated construct.

On a long enough time line, the survival rate of everyone drops to zero.

Also, I have to agree to an extent that it'd be nice to see some more variation when it comes to decorations. 

They a from the far flung future, on a long enough time line everything becomes an amalgamated construct.

The buddahs , dragons  and ying yangs are pretty obvious , they're not influeced  or amalgated by anything , if they were  we wouldn't reckognize them instantly 

its entirely possible for one culture to adapt traits of another while retaining its own, especially in a culture that does alot of trading, or one that is highly transitional such as the tenno

its the same thing as when japanese people wear western clothes and live in western style houses, but still observe japanese traditions and culture

Yes   I know but i'm suprised that all the other cultures have been "erased"  

Based on what lore I've pieced together, Hayden Tenno(the protagonist of the first game) had a large hand in creating the Orokin Empire. There's a good chance he was at least part Japanese so my guess is that it's either his doing or an homage to him. Kind of a stretch but there you have it.

I would say it's not asian decor, it's shinto symbolism. there are japanese and chinese christians, you would not go and tell them, hey dude you are asian put that cross in the trashcan and put a buda statue over there! would you?

The tenno are probably asociated to all the shinto symbolism because they are warriors, disciplined martial artists. not because of their racial, ethnic origin.

And if it was in fact their ethnic origin... well. they are called the tenno after all... regardless of each frame's name.

Edited by Orbister

I was referring to the dojo decorations 

well, regardless of what you were referring to the cultures were not "erased" since there are many leftovers words from those other cultures, regarding the deco as i mentioned above i think it is related to the shinto symbolism and not asian decoraction, even though they are categorized as "decoration" it would make more sense to have a buda than a statue of Abraham lincoln (or any other occidental figure off course) in a dojo... because the dojo is a place for martial artists to train and meditate.

Edited by Orbister

Think of it like a religion and the Dojos like chapels: it can have people of many different races, but each has its own set of cultural symbols and items that have meaning to it. The Tenno are probably like that, multiple people from multiple races collecting in one shared culture - for whatever reason, that culture is Oriental in design.