Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Do You Think Of Boltor Prime?

(PSN)natek_morzy

So I never really liked rifles much. It was always a choice between Synapse and Soma and frankly I don't like either of them.

The Boltor is different, though. It's already better than Soma in my opinion because it sustains its accuracy while doing a lot of damage. It of course beats the Synapse in range*.

*: On a side note. It's kind of sad that the Synapse has the same range as the Phage which, of course, is a shotgun.

TNZP1ED.png

I do not have High Voltage yet but I will when the event ends in 9 days. I think the DPS without High Voltage is around 12k. Right now I use a ammo mutation in place of it and frankly the mutation is needed in defence/survival.

The Boltor Prime is hands down the most satisfying gun in this game.

For elements, use Radiation and Cold against Grineer: Ferrite armor will fall quickly to the puncture and cold, the radiation will kill heavies.
For Corpus: Magnetic and Toxin

For Infested: Corrosive and Heat.  Puncture kills healers, corrosive kills disruptors and toxics, and heat kills light mobs.
No idea what to use for Corrupted, but I use: Corrosive and Cold

Edited by Sadisticnerd

people are only saying boltor prime is the most satisfying gun in the game to use because of its high base damage

would people still say its a great weapon if it had lower base damage ? probably not

when the next rifle with higher damage output comes along next update they will say thats the best and is most satisfying weapon etc etc b

seems 90% of players are min-maxers and jump on the bandwagon, sure thats fine and normal GG to you 

what does it mean to be "the best" ? what is best ? what is satisfying ? it seems the general answer whatever allows you easy mode kills 

personally i think the standard boltor is alot more satisfying to use - it looks much better, sounds better, and feels more visceral to use - but of course no one cares about these things 

people are only saying boltor prime is the most satisfying gun in the game to use because of its high base damage

would people still say its a great weapon if it had lower base damage ? probably not

when the next rifle with higher damage output comes along next update they will say thats the best and is most satisfying weapon etc etc b

seems 90% of players are min-maxers and jump on the bandwagon, sure thats fine and normal GG to you 

what does it mean to be "the best" ? what is best ? what is satisfying ? it seems the general answer whatever allows you easy mode kills 

personally i think the standard boltor is alot more satisfying to use - it looks much better, sounds better, and feels more visceral to use - but of course no one cares about these things 

As I stated before, I don't usually like rifles.

With the Synapse you sacrifice range for power.

With the Soma you sacrifice accuracy for power.

There are weapons like Latron Prime and Grinlok that are powerful are but they're semi-auto. I'm not very interested in dealing damage with rifles. I would generally use a Tigris or Phage in any situation because they fit my play style. 

However I will not deny the fact that Boltor Prime deals high damage at long range while also without sacrificing something I value in a gun.

As for whats the best. I play this game to enjoy myself, not to get the most kills. It just so happens that I am a weapons master and will shove forma into weapons that look appealing to me. I really only make use of Boltor when I'm in Conclave, gunting the Grustrag 3 or doing Survival/Defence missions.

You can remove Serration and it still kills lvl30 void Heavy in ~1 second. OP

I can't be very surprised, can you? It's only the, what, 4th primary rifle that was primed? You have Braton which personally needs a buff, a burston that CAN be good(not a fan of burst) and the hefty Latron Prime. I think it was high time we got a powerful full-auto Prime rifle that CAN rival weapons like Soma and Synapse.

For elements, use Radiation and Cold against Grineer: Ferrite armor will fall quickly to the puncture and cold, the radiation will kill heavies.

For Infested: Corrosive and Heat.  Puncture kills healers, corrosive kills disruptors and toxics, and heat kills light mobs.

For Grineer, radiation and viral is better. - Radiation for the alloy armour that is more common at higher levels, and viral for a flat boost against all non-robot grineer.

For Corpus, radiation and toxin is better. - Why bother with the shield damage if you are ignoring it anyway? :P

For Infested, pretty much spot on.

Corrupted is tricky because of the varied enemy types, but radiation and toxin is probably the best combo.

What justifies a 125% boost in base damage per shot from boltor to boltor prime?

Space magic.

What justifies a 125% boost in base damage per shot from boltor to boltor prime?  Most primes receives approximately a 30% boost in base damage per shot.

Almost looks like the boltor prime was only supposed to be doing 25% more damage and someone messed up their math.

I'm just wondering how Bolto Prime will turn out. 125% increase would bring the puncture to 90.

Edited by (PS4)natek_morzy

The Boltor Prime is hands down the most satisfying gun in this game.

I'm pretty sure that some of this is sub-optimal if you are looking to maximize damage in a duel element build.  I was looking at all the different factions a few days ago, and this is what made the most sense to me:

VS Grineer:  Viral + Radiation (very strong against cloned flesh and alloy armor, no weakness against ferrite armor)

VS Infested: Corrosive and Blast (very strong against toxic and disruptor ancients, no weakness against light infested).  Light infested only get +25% from heat and you are losing out on +50% vs toxic/disruptors by not going blast.

VS Corpus: maximum Magnetic.  Neither toxic/heat/gas is particularly effective, but gas has the least total drawback and can be modded to do more damage than the single elements.

VS Corrupted: Viral (great against gunners and lancers, no weaknesses) and Electricity (performs better over all than radiation [which is very bad against ancients, poor against shields, neutral against gunners, and weaker than electricity vs moas], or fire which is only mildly advantageous against lancers/gunners who are already covered by viral)

Edited by JBS_1

Since this has turned into a min/max vs specific faction thread:

VS Grineer: Radiation. Use event mod + wildfire if you have room for 4 elements. Radiation is better than Viral, since its gets bonus damage vs armor. And its especially good versus all the really dangerous units (Bombards, Napalms, Eviscerators and Hellions).

VS Infested: Corrosive. Use event mods if you have 4 elemental slots. Light infested are light. Blast increases the TTK by knocking them down and making headshots harder/impossible. Min/maxing weapons to make it take longer to kill things doesn't make sense.

VS Corpus: You could argue about this all day. More so if you want Oxium. Even more so if you're playing Mag.

VS Corrupted: Corrosive. Use event mods if you have 4 elemental slots. High level heavy gunners are the only corrupted that take a significant amount of time to kill. Setting up your mods for anything else is pointless. And conveniently, this is the same build you use for Infested. Which is nice since we only have 3 load outs.

Funny thing is, with high damage weapons like boltor prime, burston prime, bows, latron or very high impact damage weapons, I find viral + electricity to be the best beat against corpus, if we're talking max damage, run the test for yourselves and you will see.

On thread, yeah, boltor prime is great, boltor was already one of my favorites because of its sexyness, its ridiculously good accuracy and boltz.I was even thinking about maxing one just for fun when they released the prime version, couldn't be happier, i just think it needs an MR requirement of 9 or 10.