Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bow As Melee Weapon After Finishing Arrows

sorq

As the title says, with conjunction to Melee 2.0, i think it would be pretty cool to have bows to become a melee weapon after finishing their arrows.

Advantages: 

1. Allows players to cherish ammo.

2. Fun whacking enemies with bow.

3. Eliminates the uselessness of having a bow when you got no arrows.

I know some people may argue that being a primary weapon, just like vectis (sniper rifle) or even other rifles, they don't have a 'melee' function after expanding ammo. I totally agree that primaries do not have this function of serving as a melee after expanding ammo.

Thus, I would like DE to at least put this as one of the long-term priorities as i know it would take a lot of rework on animations of primaries (or possibly even secondaries) just like Melee 2.0. Maybe starting with bows would be good, because sniper ammo drops rather little (i know you may say use arrow mutation) but this is a new system that i would like to see if DE considers.

That'd be fun actually, but then your Melee weapon would be here for nothing if you whack people with your bow. I mean, I'd rather use my Melee over my ammoless bow.

Let's not forget secondaries.

And why don't you try to throw your bow when you got no ammo instead? xD

I know some people may argue that being a primary weapon, just like vectis (sniper rifle) or even other rifles, they don't have a 'melee' function after expanding ammo. I totally agree that primaries do not have this function of serving as a melee after expanding ammo.

So, you're saying I cant punch enemies with my Supra?? We'll see about that.. :D

I'm not trying to phase out the melee weapons from my thread.

In fact, it's only natural for the 'melee damage' of using a bow to be significantly lower (probably only take it's impact damage?).

At least when you run out of arrows, you won't be like "Oh crap wad do i do now".

And, for the real archers out there, i know you don't hit things with your bow because it's fragile.

But this is a space ninja game and the weapons probably are made of carbon nanofibers or some weird materials that are strong enough.

Of course, i think the current system is good. I'm just suggesting to bring weapons to the next level :)

I'm just suggesting to bring weapons to the next level :)

You are suggesting a useless, redundant mechanic(we have mandatory melee already), that adds another layer of balancing issues and expands the scope of features in a game that already has too much going for it to be healthy.

We get enough dumb ideas from DE themselves(focus system), we don't need them from the community.

You are suggesting a useless, redundant mechanic(we have mandatory melee already), that adds another layer of balancing issues and expands the scope of features in a game that already has too much going for it to be healthy.

We get enough dumb ideas from DE themselves(focus system), we don't need them from the community.

Someone like you would never improve with this kind of mentality.

Why not you stay in damage 1.0.

That's why you also bring a melee weapon.

Use that when you run out of ammo!

How you people can say something is bad ....when you haven't even tested it?! ... I will never understand this. 

Yes you can say is bad ...you can say that you hate it ...you can say that this game sucks AFTER focus is introduced and you don't like it.

You have every right to say that ..... it's freedom of speach.

But wait until it's out ... test it ...and than you can say it's good or bad.

I'm ashamed that after Damage 2.0 came out I said it's bad.  That was mainly because Soma was still OP. I, now, like the new system (that is still improving).

Edited by nekrojiji

So we use the bows as a weaker and less effective melee attack than our melee. But we have melee weapons so...?
Last I heard we could still quick melee in 2.0 you know. so this won't even be an emergency punch either.
You might as well ask for a bow cosmetic for your ankyros and furax.