Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

End Game 2Ndary

Nyxcha

so i'm trying to find a 2ndary weapon for end game.

originally i used kunai. good dmg, fast fire, fast reload....but i found that since my main weapon was a vectis

why the vectis?

eBkLBtW.jpg

i have latron prime. but i jsut love vectis to much(and i consider myself a sniper. so i need a weapon to compliment my sniper when i need to run to a new sniping spot)

my current 2ndarys are the kunai(now retired cause i need hitscan) 

furis(i thought machine pistol would work nice with sniper. but the dmg isn't efficient in lv 80 missions)

Akstilleto it seemed similar to furis. but with more dmg.  but it just wasnt enough dmg...

and so i got the vasto. seems like alot of dmg on it..but for some reason i've seen kunai with 260 puncture..while i cant seem to get Vasto over 150 slash.

so i'm wondering. is vasto good end game? or should i try the lex(more dmg...puncture i hope, but a much lower fire rate. which i can deal with)

or is there a different gun for end game?

Akvastos are a good end game weapon, and most event/special weapons are good (wraith twin vipers, dex furis) but you will have ammo issues if you hold the trigger down.

Akstilletos are a good secondary you will just need to mod them for elemental procs rather then straight damage since they have 15% status chance.

The Brakk or Detron might be a good side arm for you since they will destory any enemy within close quarters since you like the vectis.

Kunai and despair are good, but I think despair is better right now.

All weapons will require catalysts and forma to be good, but some will shine better then others.

(Says the person using the lato prime for end game because of bling).

Akvastos are a good end game weapon, and most event/special weapons are good (wraith twin vipers, dex furis) but you will have ammo issues if you hold the trigger down.

Akstilletos are a good secondary you will just need to mod them for elemental procs rather then straight damage since they have 15% status chance.

The Brakk or Detron might be a good side arm for you since they will destory any enemy within close quarters since you like the vectis.

Kunai and despair are good, but I think despair is better right now.

All weapons will require catalysts and forma to be good, but some will shine better then others.

(Says the person using the lato prime for end game because of bling).

I use the Lex and Brandle the lex is perfectly usable upclose if your good enough shooting 3 bullets basicly and point blank you cant miss

Guest Shibboleet

According to my damage per hit calculator, akmagus is better than the akvasto when it comes down to damage, and the accuracy of the akmagnus is greater. (I used a crit build in the akmagnus with viral and an elemental viral + radiation on the akvasto; also tried a pestilence viral + heat)

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/193717-v1damage-per-shot-calculator/

-Found a bug in this version where corpus shields are not registering elemental damage, but akmagnus is still the clear winner.

Type in data values that you see in your in-game UI and the program will break down each weapon damage portion per faction type. The program will also display average per hit, average per non-crit, and average per crit. You may even find a better secondary.

Edited by Shibboleet

Whenever I feel like going easy-mode on level 40+ enemies, Brakk is always my go-to. Blatantly overpowered to the point of trivializing every single enemy in the game,which I guess technically makes it fall under the "good endgame weapon" definition.

When I'm not using Brakk, I use Akstiletto. Basically the Braton in pistol form, except stronger unmodded and much, much stronger when modded; effective up to long ranges, and quite powerful the whole way through while being very easy to control. Just don't put on Gunslinger if you value your ammo; Lethal Torrent is more than enough.

Edited by SortaRandom

It would honestly depend on gameplay.

Would you rather...

> Run and gun with your secondary, prefer to have something full auto to spray down your enemy, or...

> be able to control your shots accurately with semi-automatic fire while trying to get from point A to point B.

Everyone's answer will be likely different. I personally prefer the Marelok for its versatility and damage, in comparison to Vastos or Magnus (and their respective akimbo variants). It's semi-auto, procs like nobody's business, and has high damage. Only real downside is that it's not accurate to long range in comparison to the Vasto/Magnus/Lex variations. Add mods for multishot and it's a close contender vs the Brakk in terms of damage.

Bare in mind, this is from personal experience, and not from some silly dps calculator. While it may look good on paper, doesn't mean it'll be the jack-of-all-trades in game.

good point.

well considering my main is a sniper, my 2ndary should be ammo efficient. so i'll have to give up the full auto.

so akvasto vs akmagnus.

which of these 2 would be better.

i see magnus has more impact, crit, and status.

but vasto has slash..which o.o

good point.

well considering my main is a sniper, my 2ndary should be ammo efficient. so i'll have to give up the full auto.

so akvasto vs akmagnus.

Akmagnus is better vs every faction except for infested where the akvastos are better due to their high slash damage. But since you already have a vasto made it would be a lot easier to get the akvastos rather then getting the akmagnus so take your poison, better weapon but requires a lot more to get, or a little weaker weapon but easier to achieve.

originally i used kunai. good dmg, fast fire, fast reload....but i found that since my main weapon was a vectis

why the vectis?

eBkLBtW.jpg

i have latron prime. but i jsut love vectis to much(and i consider myself a sniper. so i need a weapon to compliment my sniper when i need to run to a new sniping spot)

furis(i thought machine pistol would work nice with sniper. but the dmg isn't efficient in lv 80 missions)

Akstilleto it seemed similar to furis. but with more dmg.  but it just wasnt enough dmg...

and so i got the vasto. seems like alot of dmg on it..but for some reason i've seen kunai with 260 puncture..while i cant seem to get Vasto over 150 slash.

so i'm wondering. is vasto good end game? or should i try the lex(more dmg...puncture i hope, but a much lower fire rate. which i can deal with)

Could you show us your Vectis modset?

Guest Shibboleet

good point.

so akvasto vs akmagnus.

According to my damage per hit calculator, akmagus is better than the akvasto when it comes down to damage against every faction type, and the accuracy of the akmagnus is greater. (I used a crit build in the akmagnus with viral and an elemental viral + radiation on the akvasto; also tried a pestilence viral + heat)

https://forums.warfr...hot-calculator/

-Found a bug in this version where corpus shields are not registering elemental damage, but akmagnus is still the clear winner.

Type in data values that you see in your in-game UI and the program will break down each weapon damage portion per faction type. The program will also display average per hit, average per non-crit, and average per crit. You may even find a better secondary.

TLDR: Akmagnus > Akvasto by a fair margain

Edited by Shibboleet

Akbolto is pretty good. You seemed to want a spay-n-pray secondary to go with sniper primary, akbolto has a pretty good magazine size and very good base damage. Only issue is the semi-auto trigger, so you'll have to click-spam to get good DPS out of it. It also sounds and looks really good, and pins enemies to walls.

Marelok ? I use it and it's a fun "officer" pistol with insane raw damages and around 90% proc on viral/radiation is also usefull. It's slow and heavy but it hit like a truck.

in a strictly other kind of pistol I'm surprisingly enjoying the new Dex gift, very efficient for the first 30 minutes of everything (with pistol ammo mutation of course or it run out in no time)...

If you want to go a more tactical route, you could try distraction vs outright killing. Tysis is actually really, really good at doing that job for you.

> Its base 50 status chance - It's easy to get it to 100% if you mod correctly.

> Don't worry so much about damage, you could if you really wanted to put the forma into it, but even at no forma it does this job exceptionally well.

> Multishot is optional, so long as you keep the status chance to or under 100%.

> Semiauto with a decent base firerate.

- There is projectile speed.

> No arcing, unlike the other throwing weapons, or bows.

> Only two possibilities to proc, vs others who have slash/impact/puncture/elemental proc. Tysis has onboard Corrosion, a plus in some battles.

Mod it for Radiation, and get it as close to 100% you can without going over (prevent it from possibly bugging), damage doesn't matter so much as you're not killing an enemy, but letting the enemy bicker amongst themselves while you make your escape regardless of what frame you're using. Love using this in T3. Pop a few shots into some enemies to proc radiation, run back a bit and take shots at the non-proc'd enemies as the others are used as a distraction.

TLDR: Akmagnus > Akvasto by a fair margain

. . . if you ignore recoil, fire rate and reload speed. Which would be kinda silly. You'd also have to ignore all the annoying impact procs. Hard to get headshots when your target is stagger-dancing.

why the vectis?

eBkLBtW.jpg

since you dont need a long range weapon, i strongly suggest the Akbolto. With a few forma, it becomes as powerful as the Boltor Prime. It is the most underappriciated weapon i have ever used

bolto...i have used that gun before(back when its flight time was REALLY bad) has the buff(in the past year) made it more usuable?

also can you guys put up an example build to show me what 2ndary you mean. cause otherwise i'll build it wrong and wonder why people recommended something so weak.

. . . if you ignore recoil, fire rate and reload speed. Which would be kinda silly. You'd also have to ignore all the annoying impact procs. Hard to get headshots when your target is stagger-dancing.

actually i decided for akvasto on the reload speed alone.