Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

End Game 2Ndary

Nyxcha

so akbolto over magnus.

anyone disagree? if not i gonna buy bolto blueprints(WHY CANT I MAKE BOTH AT SAME TIME) gonna suck making them 1 at a time

also should i be looking at total dmg. burst dmg or sustained dmg. whats the differences

and 1 last thing. why can't i get my sniper's dmg to be anywhere near any other gun. are snipers just that underpowered?

heres a build my friend came up with(higher dps than i can come up with) but its still so low...

http://goo.gl/7C5c7B

Edited by Arenta

so akbolto over magnus.

you could also try twin gremlins they have all around damage, are auto but not that fast, and can be build form a single BP.

and 1 last thing. why can't i get my sniper's dmg to be anywhere near any other gun. are snipers just that underpowered?

i was sure snipers head shots were sure 1 hit killers

you could also try twin gremlins they have all around damage, are auto but not that fast, and can be build form a single BP.

i was sure snipers head shots were sure 1 hit killers

thats what i thought 2.  but when u vsing a lv 80 grineer heavy gunner and u've put 4 rounds in its head. you start to wonder if the game makes sense

kk!

so thats my 2ndary weapon planned.

my melee...well does anyone even care about melee? xD

i using galentine(fk spelling) cause...Valkyr.  ultimate with galentine is yeha.

and my main...Vectis...really need to figure out how to get its dps up to the "balanced" range.

Guest Shibboleet

. . . if you ignore recoil, fire rate and reload speed. Which would be kinda silly. You'd also have to ignore all the annoying impact procs. Hard to get headshots when your target is stagger-dancing.

Recoil on the akmagnus is nowhere near as bad as the akvasto. Max fire rate is  hard to achieve on most of the duals without an autoclicker. Reload speed is the only downside, but this is an inbetween weapon.

This was also a post on end game, where ammo efficiency is suppose to be a bigger deal. Thus Akmagnus > Akvasto.

Edited by Shibboleet

i actually recommend Akbolto for you OP

because it will match the playstyle you described very well, it has end game damage output but its versatile with a large clip and you can fully control the DPS from a slow trickle vs trash to a torrent of death on a single target

if you like marksman rifles and sniper rifles it is that secondary sweet spot between machine pistols and semi auto pistol (and shuriken) the only negative is that its non hitscan

Personally, the best secondary compliment for a sniper (I personally use a Vandaltron as my main weapon) is a sniper's polar opposite: a shotgun. My choice weapon to go with my main is a Detron; just slap on a maxed out Seeker and some elemental mods, and it'll chew through crowds of mooks at close range while your sniper takes down enemy heavies at medium/long range. Also, no offense, but your Vectis build is terrible. Unless you have Primed Chamber, Charged Chamber is completely useless with its piss poor 40% damage multiplier, and the Piercing Hit is useless anyway, with its even worse 30% (Which doesn't even scale to it's full damage, just puncture). I highly recommend dumping both of those for some elemental mods appropriate for the faction you're fighting, and replacing that Sniper Ammo Mutation with another elemental mod, unless you're going for a long Survival, or other mission where longevity and endurance matter.

Guest Shibboleet

Personally, the best secondary compliment for a sniper (I personally use a Vandaltron as my main weapon) is a sniper's polar opposite: a shotgun. My choice weapon to go with my main is a Detron; just slap on a maxed out Seeker and some elemental mods, and it'll chew through crowds of mooks at close range while your sniper takes down enemy heavies at medium/long range. Also, no offense, but your Vectis build is terrible. Unless you have Primed Chamber, Charged Chamber is completely useless with its &!$$ poor 40% damage multiplier, and the Piercing Hit is useless anyway, with its even worse 30% (Which doesn't even scale to it's full damage, just puncture). I highly recommend dumping both of those for some elemental mods appropriate for the faction you're fighting, and replacing that Sniper Ammo Mutation with another elemental mod, unless you're going for a long Survival, or other mission where longevity and endurance matter.

Charged chamber isn't that bad actually since it works like primed chamber. (bane mods at 30% are better than a third or fourth element when you hit the 2nd or 3rd elemental mod mark). 100% agree on the piercing hit though, physical mods are in a bad place right now.

kk!

so thats my 2ndary weapon planned.

my melee...well does anyone even care about melee? xD

i using galentine(fk spelling) cause...Valkyr.  ultimate with galentine is yeha.

and my main...Vectis...really need to figure out how to get its dps up to the "balanced" range.

i would say brakk or marelok. this is my brakk:

2zh2i5d.png

and this is my marelok:

15mb80j.png

the brakk is a bit better at crowd control and at certain levels you can use the spread to your advantage to hit multiple targets, which in some essence would counter the sniper primary, the marelok well its a beast of a gun, my justification for suggesting it is if your a sniper then poping your secondary out and 1 shotting stuff with head shots should be easy also with the amount of damage it puts out i like to think of it from this pov, if you can kill it with 1 shot compared the almost a clip of a machine pistol the slower fire rate is a bit if not negligible. but if you are looking for a fast firing secondary by favorite amongst those are the akstilettos they give you good fire rate and still encourage you to place your shots plus it has low reload and a nice animation.

for melee as you asked galatine is ok, ichors as well but best to hold off until melee 2.0 so you wont have wasted resources etc.

Akbolto ... single most powerful gun in this game with 4 forma and Potato (and the proviso we ignore aoe weapons like stugg, and ogris, and brakk because of range)

with ice storm you have a 42 clip..

with these 42 shots youwill do around 30-38k dps...  nothing else in the game realistically comes close.

other guns have more "burst" but only have 8 shots.. or less.. 42 shots....  kills almost anything.

Akvasto is a great fast flanking weapon, if you mod them well.

Secondary's do more damage than primarys with max mods.. but you need max mods

Personally, the best secondary compliment for a sniper (I personally use a Vandaltron as my main weapon) is a sniper's polar opposite: a shotgun. My choice weapon to go with my main is a Detron; just slap on a maxed out Seeker and some elemental mods, and it'll chew through crowds of mooks at close range while your sniper takes down enemy heavies at medium/long range. Also, no offense, but your Vectis build is terrible. Unless you have Primed Chamber, Charged Chamber is completely useless with its &!$$ poor 40% damage multiplier, and the Piercing Hit is useless anyway, with its even worse 30% (Which doesn't even scale to it's full damage, just puncture). I highly recommend dumping both of those for some elemental mods appropriate for the faction you're fighting, and replacing that Sniper Ammo Mutation with another elemental mod, unless you're going for a long Survival, or other mission where longevity and endurance matter.

i don't have primed chamber. nor can i afford it.

i'd be willing to replace piercing hit(and i already replaced ammo mutation with hellfire)

but can u show me a good build for it? cause remember vectis doesn't have that much status proc to begin with...

snipers really do need a buff

It comes down to oyu and how much you want to work on the gun

Good from start

Brakk

Marelok

Despair 

Stug

Decent 

Kunai

Hikou

AkStilleto

AkVasto

AkMagnus

AkBolto

Wraith Twin Vipers

Sicarus Prime

Dual Cestra

And some special flowers like AkLex or Detron, but you should take a second look yourself.

I use AkMagnus 4 forma as my main sidearm. Here is the build.

http://goo.gl/khHct6

Convulsion can be changed for different moments

Fire Damage for ember 

Ice for voids

Reload for general use

Another Crit mod for fun

Edited by Ttariel

Guest Shibboleet

i don't have primed chamber. nor can i afford it.

i'd be willing to replace piercing hit(and i already replaced ammo mutation with hellfire)

but can u show me a good build for it? cause remember vectis doesn't have that much status proc to begin with...

snipers really do need a buff

Snipers can achieve the highest non-bugged hit in the game currently, not sure what type of buff you have in mind. Even with 100% status chance a weapon won't get much damage out of it.

1 minute in shows the build. Replace primed chamber with charged chamber and Heavy cal with point strike. Then you should be good to go against Grineer.

For Corpus I'd recommend swapping the elementals around for viral + heat.

For Infested use Gas + electric.

Hello fellow Kunai user.

I modded the Lotus out of my Kunai. It shreds preds.... I mean grinneer. But I tried the other big name piercing secondaries. Akbolto, AkLex, Afuris, and Dex Furis.

If you want a hitscan upgrade that doesn't hit like a truck, but is a mini soma the Dex Furis or the Akstilletto will serve fine (I'm not using the latter guns as they look ridiculous). If you want to retain your ragdollness, go Akbolto. It's a solid gun that has good RoF Plus, you have to deal with travel time, something I'm sure you've mastered with the Kunai.

Having formaed it twice, I can say, undoubtably, the Aklex is the biggest contender. High dmg and good at what it does. That is for a piercing dmg. Akmagnus for corpus and Akvastos for infested. The Gremlins are good (i'm still on the fence about them). They won't let you down, but they might give you up, just saying. I don't have a 1-2ndary to rule all of them as I'm a min-maxer. I would probably use my Akmagnus or Aklex in the void as anything that would need a pistol's touch will have a shield and won't be moving too fast.

The Seer works well here as well, but very few people like it.

ok so after playign with bolto, akbolto,   magnus and akmagnus.

i've come to this conclusion.

bolto is superior yes, but magnus is better dmg per shot.

so...for the point of choosing a better gun i would choose bolto.  but i'm choosing magnus cause...(and this is the wierd part) i like the reload sound.

i'm literally not kidding. every time i shoot 1 shot i reload cause i like it so much xD    the gun is good yes(which is the 2nd reason i choosing it) but the reload is just..yeah.

so for void i'll keep the akbolto around.  but for survival (and low level missions) i'll keep magnus...for no other reason than the reload sound.

Castanas IMO are the best end game secondary. Hit like a truck, CC, and good status chance with the event mods. Plus the play style makes it so u dnt have to go head to head with high level enemies to kill them

this ^

Well balanced weapon, good stun, heard mobs for more damage on them.

ok so after playign with bolto, akbolto,   magnus and akmagnus.

i've come to this conclusion.

bolto is superior yes, but magnus is better dmg per shot.

so...for the point of choosing a better gun i would choose bolto.  but i'm choosing magnus cause...(and this is the wierd part) i like the reload sound.

i'm literally not kidding. every time i shoot 1 shot i reload cause i like it so much xD    the gun is good yes(which is the 2nd reason i choosing it) but the reload is just..yeah.

so for void i'll keep the akbolto around.  but for survival (and low level missions) i'll keep magnus...for no other reason than the reload sound.

The Akmagnus are good, dont get me wrong, but they cant keep up with the Akbolto as far as DPS. Also dont worry about the regular bolto. Akbolto are better in almost every way.

Castanas IMO are the best end game secondary. Hit like a truck, CC, and good status chance with the event mods. Plus the play style makes it so u dnt have to go head to head with high level enemies to kill them

Castanas are very situational. OP is looking for a reliable sidearm to bail him out of sticky stations and kill enemies up close. Castanas do neither, and often get you killed.

Well if you look at the top 3 secondary weapon dps, you would see Brakk, Stug and Akbolto. Brakk is brakk, it's beastly but only effective at middle range even against stationary target. Stug got this annoying damage delay that make killing trash took too long. Akbolto is the best of three. With autofire macro, it's about as good as automate pistol. Unlike automate pistol, Akbolto didn't drain all your ammo in 3 sec. The clip size is just nice, 40ish with Ice Storm. You don't have to reload frequently. The only downside is the long reload which can be cancel at around 85% reload. So it's not that bad. I wasn't bother by the projectile speed as I seldom need to hit a moving target anyway.

Recoil on the akmagnus is nowhere near as bad as the akvasto.

This is incorrect. Recoil is worse on the Akmagnus. Feel free to download Fraps http://www.fraps.com/ and test yourself. Or do a simple "How small is the spread at 10 meters while firing at 10 shots per second" test. Akvastos win.

Max fire rate is  hard to achieve on most of the duals without an autoclicker.

He's looking for an endgame weapon. Using a macro prog is not unreasonable, since free programs like autohotkey exist.

If you're morally opposed to macro programs for some odd reason, then the Akmagnus prolly becomes a more reasonable option. You would still have to deal with impact procs messing up your continuous head shots though, increasing your time to kill.

This was also a post on end game, where ammo efficiency is suppose to be a bigger deal. Thus Akmagnus > Akvasto.

As you yourself said, its an inbetween weapon. A 10% decrease in ammo efficiency is minimal. And nothing Ammo Restores can't solve. What ammo restores can't cure is lower dps, increased recoil and increased impact procs.

Castanas are very situational. OP is looking for a reliable sidearm to bail him out of sticky stations and kill enemies up close. Castanas do neither, and often get you killed.

I could've sworn he said he wants a weapon that helps him transition to a better sniping spot.

With the damage, output, proc chance and proc % in addition to innate stun and the fact you can use them to make an escape route and zone out stray enemies Castanas are extremely versatile.

I'd agree with you if you consistently get surrounded my mobs  that stay 1m or less away from you on all sides.

Or you're trying to use your 2ndary as a panic button in case of ancient mob. 

As for what OP said

so i'm trying to find a 2ndary weapon for end game.

originally i used kunai. good dmg, fast fire, fast reload....but i found that since my main weapon was a vectis

why the vectis?

i jsut love vectis to much(and i consider myself a sniper. so i need a weapon to compliment my sniper when i need to run to a new sniping spot)

or is there a different gun for end game?

perhaps OP will have success in using these where you did not.

marelock with seeker would be fun too

Edited by DUSTCLOUD