Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Event Loot

Doom_Bunny

I'm just throwing in a simple idea to get event loot in circulation.

The idea is that an event mod is set at a certain score and the maximum score gives a gun part. Example for cicero we had to deliver a vermillion or 4 for clans (trophies and all) to get the loot. So in a sabotage mission on earth deliver one vermillion and recieve the rifle mod "toxic barrage". Deliver 4 vermillion recieve a part of the event gun.

This could then apply to Tethra event certain score, certain reward.

Events such as survival weekend would have to located to a certain planet.

Post thoughts down below.

Just leave at the fact that DE has said that all special variant weapons will be returning aside from Founders Gear and Braton/Lato Vandel. Every other weapon is fair game to be re-released in the future.

Thats all we can hope for honestly. All these kinds of threads do imo/by what ive seen is create raging and fights over "exclusives" and other such things.

Event weapons will be re-released at some point, just have to have patience. Theres no NEED to get them anyway since there are many alternatives available in-game.

I'm just throwing in a simple idea to get event loot in circulation.

The idea is that an event mod is set at a certain score and the maximum score gives a gun part. Example for cicero we had to deliver a vermillion or 4 for clans (trophies and all) to get the loot. So in a sabotage mission on earth deliver one vermillion and recieve the rifle mod "toxic barrage". Deliver 4 vermillion recieve a part of the event gun.

This could then apply to Tethra event certain score, certain reward.

Events such as survival weekend would have to located to a certain planet.

Post thoughts down below.

Absolutely no. 

Again, this is entitlement. Sure, you have to grind some for it, but still... It will be just as easy to acquire the mods. They are event-exclusives, not one-time exclusives. There's a huge difference. 

I thought everyone would know this by now...

Why are you both angry over such a thing. I post how they could come back, I have not mentioned anything about exclusiveness or excluding.

I don't want to know about people's thoughts of the bigger picture that is exclusive stuff.

I have simply put up one way on how event loot could come back and would like to know what people think of this way.

Please be civilised.

Why are you both angry over such a thing.

The community can get somewhat... tense about certain topics, especially when they have already caused flame wars in the past. You might do well in either giving those topics an ample berth, or getting ready for the flames.

As for your suggestion, I think you missed some details. What you mean is that there should be a way to re-do the missions involved in past events to get the rewards, only it would require more effort than in the events themselves, right? If so, I feel it would be a good idea if properly managed. However, most if not all of those events involved specific political circumstances in the solar system that would make them impossible to directly replicate without breaking the lore.

If it were to be done the way you suggest, perhaps it could be done in a special Dojo room where you could run "virtual" versions of those missions, like a Time Vault of sorts. The missions would play the same, but it would be implied that you're just "reminiscing" or "reviewing history". Perhaps running those missions should require some kind of resources, to further balance things.

EDIT: And again, I think it should take more effort to get those rewards, just like getting the Brakk and the Detron is harder now than it was during Gradivus.

Edited by Guest

Absolutely no. 

Again, this is entitlement. Sure, you have to grind some for it, but still... It will be just as easy to acquire the mods. They are event-exclusives, not one-time exclusives. There's a huge difference. 

I thought everyone would know this by now...

You do know they've [DE] released 'event exclusives' into regular drop tables before? And will continue to do so.

Edited by Absolute_ITI

Just leave at the fact that DE has said that all special variant weapons will be returning aside from Founders Gear and Braton/Lato Vandel. Every other weapon is fair game to be re-released in the future.

Thats all we can hope for honestly. All these kinds of threads do imo/by what ive seen is create raging and fights over "exclusives" and other such things.

Event weapons will be re-released at some point, just have to have patience. Theres no NEED to get them anyway since there are many alternatives available in-game.

Except Braton/Lato vandal is also fair game.

ONLY the Founder Exclusives are "impossible" to bring out again due to the wording IIRC.

Everything else can be re-released if they want, and I have no doubt they will in due time.

Why does it matter how hard or easy it is to get the weapons we got 3+ months ago? We have had bragging rights, awesome weapons and a fun event as well. 

But I guess that is just me?

Mokunen I must admit your idea sounds far better then mine :) thank you

Tulzscha what is the proper section I didn't think we had a section for rewards?

Thanks, though it still has a few novel implementation problems, such as starting a mission from inside the Dojo and how do you make a "cell" that way, but the more ideas we put out there the more the devs have to work with.

As for the "proper section", since this thread is a suggestion of sorts I don't see it too out of place in Feedback. If you think otherwise, you should send Tulzcha a PM though, I don't think he'll be further monitoring this thread.

Why are you both angry over such a thing. I post how they could come back, I have not mentioned anything about exclusiveness or excluding.

I don't want to know about people's thoughts of the bigger picture that is exclusive stuff.

I have simply put up one way on how event loot could come back and would like to know what people think of this way.

Please be civilised.

I was not angry at all. I was simply stating what DE has already said regarding event weapons and the fact that most threads like this one turn into rage threads about whether exclusives should be released to the public or not (ive seen it happen to many times to count).

I was being civilized, I was stating my opinion that event weapons do not need to be re-released in any way unless DE re-releases them in an event. There are a ton of alternatives to event weapons, event weapons are something you need.

Except Braton/Lato vandal is also fair game.

ONLY the Founder Exclusives are "impossible" to bring out again due to the wording IIRC.

Everything else can be re-released if they want, and I have no doubt they will in due time.

Why does it matter how hard or easy it is to get the weapons we got 3+ months ago? We have had bragging rights, awesome weapons and a fun event as well. 

But I guess that is just me?

Braton/Lato Vandel are not fair game. Braton vandel was giving out during the one time open beta weekend during closed beta, and it was that that would be the only time it would be available ever. And Lato Vandel was given out to anyone who played during the closed beta also to never be released again. This is the way it is and I have even seen community moderators say the same thing.

Bringing out Braton and Lato Vandel is like DE giving a big "F YOU" to anyone who played during the closed beta.

I was not angry at all. I was simply stating what DE has already said regarding event weapons and the fact that most threads like this one turn into rage threads about whether exclusives should be released to the public or not (ive seen it happen to many times to count).

I was being civilized, I was stating my opinion that event weapons do not need to be re-released in any way unless DE re-releases them in an event. There are a ton of alternatives to event weapons, event weapons are something you need.

Braton/Lato Vandel are not fair game. Braton vandel was giving out during the one time open beta weekend during closed beta, and it was that that would be the only time it would be available ever. And Lato Vandel was given out to anyone who played during the closed beta also to never be released again. This is the way it is and I have even seen community moderators say the same thing.

Bringing out Braton and Lato Vandel is like DE giving a big "F YOU" to anyone who played during the closed beta.

How would it be a F YOU? They had those items for over a year before anyone else!

And as they said in Devstream 22 ~minute 37, ONLY the founders are exclusive. Nothing else is truly exclusive and is in the disney vault.

DE can state their new/more thought out idea about exclusives for all I care but as of right now that livestream is the most reliable source of information regarding "exclusives". (From DE itself instead of a mod who does not speak for DE as a whole)

I can understand why people like you want to feel special for being closed beta players, but honestly, why do you care about a weapon launched over a year ago that probably only 1% or less of the total amount of tenno have, which means it was a waste of resources.

Edited by BrainInvader

How would it be a F YOU? They had those items for over a year before anyone else!

And as they said in Devstream 22 ~minute 37, ONLY the founders are exclusive. Nothing else is truly exclusive and is in the disney vault.

DE can state their new/more thought out idea about exclusives for all I care but as of right now that livestream is the most reliable source of information regarding "exclusives". (From DE itself instead of a mod who does not speak for DE as a whole)

I can understand why people like you want to feel special for being closed beta players, but honestly, why do you care about a weapon launched over a year ago that probably only 1% or less of the total amount of tenno have, which means it was a waste of resources.

Why do you want the weapon so much when their are so many better alternatives currently in-game? The braton and lato vandel are proof for those that played in closed beta and it be best to keep it that way. It would be an "F YOU" because DE gave those out as a thanks for those who played in the closed beta reward. Giving it out to others negates all that is like saying "we didnt really care about you guys who helped build the foundation of the game".

Chances are when the game goes into an open release state, everyone who played during the open beta will also get a special reward for it.

Why do you want the weapon so much when their are so many better alternatives currently in-game? The braton and lato vandel are proof for those that played in closed beta and it be best to keep it that way. It would be an "F YOU" because DE gave those out as a thanks for those who played in the closed beta reward. Giving it out to others negates all that is like saying "we didnt really care about you guys who helped build the foundation of the game".

Chances are when the game goes into an open release state, everyone who played during the open beta will also get a special reward for it.

For me personally, because I want to own everything in this game, at once, at max rank. I got all frames already and all weapons that you are able to make. Only exclusive weapons that were before my time I do not own.(I joined in early november, right after founders and brakk event)

I understand why people would want something for being with the game since the beginning, but I am not sure actual items are the way to go. I'd rather see them get a skin of some sort that really stands out. Or that the weapons get hidden on the Codex page unless you have it(Like Stalker)

Or ,as an interesting idea I heard someone else say, be able to scan weapons on fellow players to "level" those weapons in the Codex.

And I know that is quite likely to happen, and although I will have played for over a half year almost daily I wouldn't want anything that I get locked away forever. Why make content for just 5% of the players if they could give it to us at first when then release it to everyone else(In an event for example) 6 months later.