Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A New Heavy Weapon, Designed For Overkill

Diseenith

Just for starters, apologies if this is in the wrong area. Was going to place it in 'feedback' but since it isn't feedback on an existing gun I opted out of doing that.

I have been playing for awhile, and as a player I really enjoy the heavy weapons of this game. Lanka, Ogris, Torid (Prenerf), and Fragor. However, there's a disturbing lack of a heavy weapon that is more than just some AoE projectile missile. There is no long charge time cannon, or autogun that fires so fast you're immobilized while shooting it.

Its a simple request really, but could we get a heavy weapon fit for a rhino? Not any heavy weapon. An overkill gun. I'm talking a five second charge, single shot clip laser cannon with 10m puncture and a beam as wide as a boar's spread (Maybe not that wide, possibly the size of a Warframe.)

A weapon that when fired, makes bass that'd make dub step listeners proud. A weapon with a recoil bad enough that it'd shatter windows even if you didn't hit them. A weapon that hits so hard that everything in front of you is incinerated like nova had ulted it. A weapon with such a heavy shot it'd ragdoll enemies in melee range of you. Hell, have it knock you down so those knockdown resistant mods are more useful.

Its a simple request, a fun request. I'd submit it to the design council if I could. I'd draw a pretty picture of a little 'ol loki holding a gun half his size and somehow shooting it invisible. Well, I would if I could draw. Either or, this isn't a joke but a serious request. Maybe make it a 3 second beam that you could sweep after charging.

DE please :D

Edit: Moved to fan concepts. Totally missed over that one! Thanks for the silent move. 

Edited by Diseenith

well they did say in a previous devstream that weapons will actually effect your speed... so maybe.. just maybe... Miter Wraith will shoot glaives instead of saws... maybe... just maybe we can get those Mountable turrets to interact with.... Maybe... We can have a true Battle axe... Not that skimpy scindo that really needs a BA prime version already....

Maybe.. just maybe... I wish i could have a rail gun that has a 5 second charge, with 10m punch through... does natural Radiation dmg with high impact and puncture... only have a 3 bullet clip and requires a full charge to fire... charge is so strong it damages your shields a bit to give you a feeling of how OP it is... 

But make this clan tech, also give it a mastery rank of like 9 to make it hard to get... but beyond cool to have....

Edited by zebar1313

well they did say in a previous devstream that weapons will actually effect your speed... so maybe.. just maybe... Miter Wraith will shoot glaives instead of saws... maybe... just maybe we can get those Mountable turrets to interact with.... Maybe... We can have a true Battle axe... Not that skimpy scindo that really needs a BA prime version already....

Maybe.. just maybe... I wish i could have a rail gun that has a 5 second charge, with 10m punch through... does natural Radiation dmg with high impact and puncture... only have a 3 bullet clip and requires a full charge to fire... charge is so strong it damages your shields a bit to give you a feeling of how OP it is... 

Radiation?! PAH! Blast with 100% status (like acrid) & then a smaller status chance for other elements! What kind of heavy weapon uses confusion?

pfft, radiation is good for killing heavies If i wanted a proc type i use viral or lightning.., would you prefer it to be corrosive and literally melt the environment around you? 

Corrosive Blast cannon with a radiation cornea for enemies on its edge. Deal?

Sounds sexy to me. The first multi-element heavy gun :D 

Would be a result of the research done by the corpus.

"Tenno, The corpus have been developing a new weapon... It's rumored to have tremendous power..

We believe that the corpus have been developing this weapon from research that was salvaged from the Grineer's lost ships...

This weapon is rumored to be mass produced... your job is to steal the blueprints and whip the enemy data before they can do this..."

And we shall call this event, Project Zeus (or something else that's mythological like Thor's hammer Mjolnir) But that's if you want to make it an event only weapon at first ;D idk i'm bored so i just made up a random story please ignore me xD

Sounds sexy to me. The first multi-element heavy gun :D 

Would be a result of the research done by the corpus.

"Tenno, The corpus have been developing a new weapon... It's rumored to have tremendous power..

We believe that the corpus have been developing this weapon from research that was salvaged from the Grineer's lost ships...

This weapon is rumored to be mass produced... your job is to steal the blueprints and whip the enemy data before they can do this..."

And we shall call this event, Project Zeus (or something else that's mythological like Thor's hammer Mjolnir) But that's if you want to make it an event only weapon at first ;D idk i'm bored so i just made up a random story please ignore me xD

A super heavy corpus boss of lephantis size that has a huge cannon would be awsome.

You've never heard of "Shock and Awe"?

Sure, however I don't think a direct hit could do that. Possibly the explosion sure, or those around it. But those hit should be outright killed and knocked down! Stunned and knocked off their feet with its glory!

I want a rocket launcher you have to deploy to fire (preferably by kneeling)

effects:

multi-rocket barrage

5s charge minimum, 15 maximum

at mimimum charge it fires 5 rockets, at maximum charge 15

the rockets have a semi-sporadic saturation spread

damage: base damage of 150/rocket, splash range similar to the pentanades

special mod: homing rockets: -15% splash range, -10% damage, homing capability and independant targeting (available missiles devided over the amount of targets in the target zone, so if there are 5 targets, and you do max charge, each target gets 3 missiles in his face)

weapons like this are pretty much specialized for (mobile) defence, though :D