Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Mod Concept] Restore Health On Kill - Melee

JimiHendChris

Greetings,

This is my first concept for the Forums and earlier today I thought "ya know what would complete my Rage Excalibur build? A melee mod that restored a small amount of health on kill."

Melee Mod. Probably a "V" polarity and 10 rank mod. It would be similiar to Equilibrium. At low ranks it would only provide a small portion of health and when maxed it would replenish about 25 health. That seems fair, especially since it is a 10 Rank mod it would take a lot of fusion cores to max out. But on certain builds this would be very effective. We've already got Second Wind which does the same thing for stamina, why not health too? Maybe even an Energy one too? (probably not, that would make Ash/Loki crazy OP)

Also, this would make melee more effective and help with the current balance issue with melee gameplay.

Let me know what you guys think and if you guys can come up with a clever name for the mod (cause I have no clue).

What I'd like to see is a vampire - ish mod. Where when you crit with a melee attack you have an X% chance to get some health back, rather than on-kill. Maybe have it 5 ranks, starting at 15% chance to recover 5 health, increasing +5 health with each rank. So that would end up being 30 health restored with a 90% chance. If health is full, have it replenish shields instead at half the rate and chance. ( 45% chance at max rank, for recovering 15 shields on melee crits ). Making the mod usefull at all times, but not too OP when paired with weapons like the dual Ichors ( crit beasts with high attack speed ). 

Vampire mods... It's a very shady area..

Very shady mod for the shadiest of people.

In resonse to the OP, I think that would be a good inplementation to melee 2.0. An even bigger incentive to melee. I know its going to be a while till I fire my weapon come update 13.

What I'd like to see is a vampire - ish mod. Where when you crit with a melee attack you have an X% chance to get some health back, rather than on-kill. Maybe have it 5 ranks, starting at 15% chance to recover 5 health, increasing +5 health with each rank. So that would end up being 30 health restored with a 90% chance. If health is full, have it replenish shields instead at half the rate and chance. ( 45% chance at max rank, for recovering 15 shields on melee crits ). Making the mod usefull at all times, but not too OP when paired with weapons like the dual Ichors ( crit beasts with high attack speed ). 

I like this idea, and I think a chance to recover health would be better, but I don't think it should be based off the weapons crit chance. Ash/Loki can do 100% crit chance when invisible (works for the Berserker mod) and that would allow them to replenish health without getting kills, which would make them god-like. I believe it should only work on kill, this mod is probably only going to be useful for serious melee users and thats why I think it should be a 10 rank mod. Also when Melee 2.0 comes, I still think this will be a balanced mod. A mod with a high reward as healing, needs to have a high cost.

I like this idea, and I think a chance to recover health would be better, but I don't think it should be based off the weapons crit chance. Ash/Loki can do 100% crit chance when invisible (works for the Berserker mod) and that would allow them to replenish health without getting kills, which would make them god-like. I believe it should only work on kill, this mod is probably only going to be useful for serious melee users and thats why I think it should be a 10 rank mod. Also when Melee 2.0 comes, I still think this will be a balanced mod. A mod with a high reward as healing, needs to have a high cost.

I believe Loki can 100% crit. Ash stuns I think.

I believe Loki can 100% crit. Ash stuns I think.

When they are both Invisible they get the stealth 4x melee bonus, which acts as a crit (affects the Berserker mod). Excalibur can also do the same with Radial Blind for those first 5 seconds when the enemies are stunned.

For your earlier post,

I agree, this mod won't be for everyone and not every warframe. I wanted this mod because I like using a Melee focused Excalibur (I am making a Rage+Rejuvenation build) and what felt missing for me was I just wasn't gaining health fast enough to compensate for my very aggressive playstyle. I figured the best way to make up for that was to have a mod that provided a little health for every melee kill. Any other warframe besides Ash or Loki I rarely use my melee weapon. 

But for an Restore Energy on Kill mod, I see that just being abused by Ash, Loki, and even Excalibur. They rely on their abilities to get the melee kills. With proper modding they can already get enough energy to keep their abilities up. This would just be adding insult to injury.

Very shady mod for the shadiest of people.

In resonse to the OP, I think that would be a good inplementation to melee 2.0. An even bigger incentive to melee. I know its going to be a while till I fire my weapon come update 13.

Exactly, I'm not looking for something thats too crazy. Just to fill the gap of something that I felt is lacking. I can imagine when melee 2.0 is released, this will become a highly requested mod (unless this mod is already going to be bundled in with Melee 2.0, one can hope)

I guess random receiving creates problems, and frustration.

Making it only based on crit would limit it very much in choice of weapons.

25 Health is pretty much, at least at low-mid level, were even melee kills in one hit mostly.

How about a mod that restores a percentage of enemies health to your frame?

Make it a maximum of ~5%. As enemies scale, their life does, and so the health gain would increase with higher level.

As a reference, normal grineer lancers start with 100 health, and a bombard at 300.

The mod would make melee more viable later on where health loss on melee is more likely.

I guess random receiving creates problems, and frustration.

Making it only based on crit would limit it very much in choice of weapons.

25 Health is pretty much, at least at low-mid level, were even melee kills in one hit mostly.

How about a mod that restores a percentage of enemies health to your frame?

Make it a maximum of ~5%. As enemies scale, their life does, and so the health gain would increase with higher level.

As a reference, normal grineer lancers start with 100 health, and a bombard at 300.

The mod would make melee more viable later on where health loss on melee is more likely.

I agree, 25 health per kill would be a lot for low level enemies. But thats why I think this mod should be a 10 rank mod. It will take a lot of time to get it maxed out, and would be costly for installing it on the melee weapon. But at low levels, health isn't really an issue either, it's when the enemies are 30+ is when it becomes an issue. 

I do like the idea of the restoring health based on the enemy's max health. This would still make it viable at higher levels, but at the same time, it will get more difficult to kill the enemies. This is sounds like a better idea than what I proposed.

Doesn't Valkyr do that when in hysteria? .-.

Edit: Spoke too soon and a vampire mod would be nice.

I haven't used Valkyr but I assume this mod wouldn't work with Hysteria since she already restores health from her melee attacks. This is also why I think a Restore Energy on Kill Melee mod would be abused