Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Chat System In This Game Is Atrocious

So I thought I'd outline the reasons I hate the chat system in this game using simple bullets.

Note that I'm a PC player and therefor have no idea what the chat is like for PS4 players:

<>

I can't even click on people's names in the chat to invite them to games or do other basic things. Why?

Is this really that hard to implement?Why make complicated ways to do simple tasks like having to type

"/w" before a player's name just to talk to them when I can plainly see their name in chat? I should be

able to right click their name in the chat window, maybe something a little like what EVE Online

has, which might I add has arguably the best chat system in all of PC gaming.

<>

Related to the first point: why do I need a list of all the people in the current chat tab? why not combine

the functionality of that tab with the chat window itself? This list of names should be like a pull out tab

or something minimized while also retaining its current function.

<>

Selecting the large text option in the setting menu makes it so that the text at the bottom of the chat

window is cut off. Could be a bug, although this may be an issue with my monitor's resolution (1366*768).

Either way, it's still not okay.

What are your opinions of the current chat system? Does it work for you or not? Discuss.

It is pretty much just a stripped down IRC client, many of which you can't right-click on the players names in the chat itself, only the user list. This is also why there is a user list in the chat window at all. As someone who uses IRC all the time, this is all seems very natural.

As to the text being cut off, that is a serious issue that needs to be fixed.

I completely agree, there should be a way to target a player's name inside the chat instead of using /w (which can be complicated depending on the player's name) or hunting the name in the looong list, which varies every other second making the search frustrating.

Since we are here, I'll add what I would like to see:

-option to close region tab without having to hide the other tabs too

-option to have all whispers on the same window

and something I really really want right now:

-option to hide clan chat during missions (this is bugging me a lot, I have to switch to alliance tab every single time to avoid having my in-game screen polluted with clan chitchat that couldn't interest me less during a mission) or only have squad chat. Yeah, words distract me even if I'm not actively reading.