The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are The Tenno Genderless?

Deidaku

It's still up to debate if all suits are worn by the same Tenno. I'm of the mind that each frame is a different Tenno controlled by one player (ala League of Legends champion style), others feel that (somehow and inexplicably, given the physical difference between each frame) that we play as one Tenno character who can switch between Warframes.

It'll take a DE confirmation to confirm one or the other.

It is very possible that tenno are something beyong human boundaries, afterall its the far future, i would bet gender is not that relevant there as cloning is a common method of reproduction.

Ikr right? how are they "born" anyway?

this might sound a bit ridiculous, but what if the tenno change bodies, for example, each time you go from excalibur to mag, lotus pulls out your mind from excalibur's body and sticks it into mag's

therefore, you'd still be the same tenno, you'd just "own" multiple bodies

This is assuming that we control only one Tenno.

I stand firm in the Poly-Tenno camp.

Steve said in the last stream that it was just one. The upcoming Focus system is pretty dependant on you being one character.

Ikr right? how are they "born" anyway?

When a mommy Orokin and a daddy Orokin have a baby, and the government performs secret experiments by throwing baby in Space!Hell and it survives you get a brand new warped and twisted Tenno!

Edited by ValhaHazred

Dammit be construvtive :p

no one know yet

they have obvious signs of male and female one being breast and if they some how aren't and are just for some tactic that makes them better then why doesnt the rest of the frame have it also the devs calls them he or she not its so they have genders

It is very possible that tenno are something beyong human boundaries, afterall its the far future, i would bet gender is not that relevant there as cloning is a common method of reproduction.

But we don't know that the Tenno use cloning, or even if the Corpus do. Besides, given what it did to the Grineer I'm thinking that it's likely they don't.

This is assuming that we control only one Tenno.

I stand firm in the Poly-Tenno camp.

we control one tenno who controls multiple frames. bosses always say things like "that excalibur frame won't save you" stalker always recognizes the same tenno, the lotus has recently mentioned in an e-mail that we as a tenno have "mastered" different frames, and many many more examples.

Steve said in the last stream that it was just one. The upcoming Focus system is pretty dependant on you being one character.

Not really. If you think of your Tenno as being part of the same sub-clan, of sorts, and returning to share their experiences and field-training with each other the entire group could grow alongside each other - fitting mastery into the system as well.

And we also don't know enough about the focus system to determine how it may function in the lore.

Not really. If you think of your Tenno as being part of the same sub-clan, of sorts, and returning to share their experiences and field-training with each other the entire group could grow alongside each other - fitting mastery into the system as well.

And we also don't know enough about the focus system to determine how it may function in the lore.

That doesn’t change Scott saying it was one Tenno...

this might sound a bit ridiculous, but what if the tenno change bodies, for example, each time you go from excalibur to mag, lotus pulls out your mind from excalibur's body and sticks it into mag's

therefore, you'd still be the same tenno, you'd just "own" multiple bodies

Does not sound ridiculous at all, i think we are the Operating System of the Warframes, wether we actually occupy a physical space inside the frames or we are "downloaded" maybe we are "installed" in all our frames all the time but only one is activated at a time.

Edit: for anyone needing example of this theory check: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_in_the_Shell_(film)

Edited by Orbister

Personally, I think the Void turned us into pseudo energy beings. We aren’t quite physical matter anymore so we can manifest inside a Warframe without having to worry about size, shape or sexual characteristics.

I don't recall that. Livestream 25 you say? Can you pull that part out for me?

If I remember when I get off work I will.

Edited by ValhaHazred