Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kill The Goddamn Cameras

NoeleVeerod

Question

Seriously, a good number of players I have played with (random groups, Online) seem to be ignoring the cameras. Mostly newcomers, at least that's my guess. But f**k's sake, I am kinda p***ed of always bumping into laser walls which are triggered just as I'm about to change room, or to backtrack through half the level because someone just wants to be ripped to bits by the turrets.

So, to all new players - mind the cameras. Learn their positions by heart. Make them their top priority. Do it, and your team will probably love it, or at least it won't hate you for always triggering the defense system and cause trouble.

To all others - sorry for the rant. :)

"Then why aren't YOU shooting them?"

I always do. But sometimes they are triggered in a room different than mine and therefore out of reach. And that is annoying.

"Why don't you tell them in the chat?"

Because some players suddenly forget how to read English everytime I (or others) try to come up with tips.

Edited by Vintovka

18 answers to this question

Eh, it's an experience thing. Some people ignore them because they don't know about them, having not faced corpus before and realising the link between the cameras and defences. Posts like this help but in terms of number of players vs number of views, it's not going to help this much. A better tutorial system THAT IS OPTIONAL (I can not stress that enough) containing intel on the various factions before you face them would help greatly. But as far as I know, all of that is currently in the works, so, yeah. Hold your breath on this one.

Here's a better idea. You know there are cameras on the map, don't just rush through doors. Wait and look for cameras for yourself.

If someone gets through before the laser barrier comes up or if an Excalibur or Rhino blasts through, who cares? It's not a race and they might be rushing to their death.

Here's a better idea. You know there are cameras on the map, don't just rush through doors. Wait and look for cameras for yourself.

If someone gets through before the laser barrier comes up or if an Excalibur or Rhino blasts through, who cares? It's not a race and they might be rushing to their death.

This game is supposed to be emphasizing the agility and speed of a ninja. Edging up to a door and stopping is counter intuitive to this goal, unfortunately this is the price of, essentially, FFA co-op.

This game is supposed to be emphasizing the agility and speed of a ninja. Edging up to a door and stopping is counter intuitive to this goal, unfortunately this is the price of, essentially, FFA co-op.

I rather disagree. There's nothing wrong with patience/prudence under certain situations.

Besides, completing missions stealthily requires more deliberate forethought and planning than charge in and be seen.

If you time your slide just before you hit the beams, you will slide right through with no problems.

This is true.

However, It can be difficult to slide through the doors that stay closed until you are right on them. I've noticed the doors can be a split-second slow sometimes, and I've always assumed it was because the machine hosting the round was not as robust as players might wish.

They should also make the Cameras more visible. If it were up to me, I would stick a shiny red/green laser pointer on them to tell a player EXACTLY where they are. And yeah, Cameras should only turn on the energy barriers for the doors leading out of their room.

Also, is anyone somewhat annoyed with the damage energy barriers do? I understand they are supposed to be a hazard more than just a threat, but insta-killing unmodded squishier warframes is kinda harsh on Solo.

I'm new, but this took me all of 1 day to figure out. It is annoying to have killed all the cameras in a room you are in but someone who wants to race through every level gets stuck and a camera is on him and he won't move. I try typing to people on levels with beam walls, but the problem is the default chat isn't visible while playing. You could be telling some players a dozen times and they won't see the message in chat.

Everytime I hear that camera noise, I automatically hunt it down lol coz yeah i've experience the same thing this guy has...it's like even when their profile rank is at least level 1 or 2 they will just stand there. Once I just stood there coz I was the only one busting the cameras and seriously we just stood there for 1 min....its stupid lol

You can slashdash through the laser doors: Sprint > Crouch to Slide > Melee will put you right through (even simple slide works, but its easier to time with the melee attack). If the host is laggy, you might have to stop a moment to let the door open first :P

When playing with beginners, its polite to shoot the cameras, since they probably don't know how to get through the lasers.

yeah telling ppl to kill the camera in game dont help think 1 game I told them to shoot the cameras 5 times for I got annoyed being stuck 6 rooms behind wile they just keept running not killing a single camera. So there you stand at the door for 5min waiting for them to reach the end or out camera view so the boring mission can end.

If there was no abort statistic I would leave every time but I dont want a high quit rating.

And sliding under the doors not my style wanna use them as they meant to not glitch past them.