The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Not Sure What To Do With Myself

SanityRobot

Question

After coming back, I'm realizing one of the reasons I took a long break...it's difficult to actually find people to play with.

I like challenges. Running through low to mid level derelicts over and over farming for X doesn't really interest me. Most voids are even pretty easy.

The only real place I ever find a challenge that requires more strategy than "shoot everything in the face" is high wave defense or long survivals...but finding people that just want to do it for the challenge is almost impossible. Most people just want to farm to wave 10 or 15 or whatever is fastest to farm whatever they are farming then they bail.

But then, on the flip side, the few groups doing moderately challenging things like T3 Defense or whatever, always want the "perfect" flavor of the month group that mitigates as much challenge as possible. No Nova? Bail. No Rhino? Bail. No Trinity? Bail.

Logging on every few months for a couple days to level up new weapons in Kappa just isn't enough to keep my attention.

What do?

Edited by SanityRobot

16 answers to this question

Have you considered setting up a regular gaming group?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/169-pc-recruitment/

I considered it, but I'm awful at herding cats.

I actually opened that forum thinking of joining a clan...but then I realized it was broken up into multiple subforums, on top of the unlikeliness of actually finding one that fits. Then I typed up this thread.

They said they're gonna talk about endgame content on the next devstream which is so damn close.

Melee 2.0 got me all hyped up since i'm a big fan of combo based combat, but to be fair, i'm more excited to hear about their endgame content approach than anything else, and that's because even with new combat we only change the way we do things, not the things we do,

May recommend Interception with a group you know. Maybe get a clan with people willing to go until failure? Interception is pretty intense now!

I was about to recommend that.  *Tenno'd*

Interception is a good place to start.  Might look into joining/playing with a clan that is big on long T# missions as well.

Add me ingame.

Couple of my mates and I enjoy doing long Survivals just for the hell of it and long T3 Defense/ODD.

Not so much ODS because its broken... Hardly any Personal Life Support drops most of the time.

I don't get to do it often because Work -> Gym -> Family -> Game time and sometimes Bear Grylls or Top Gear is on.

But there are a few people on my Friends list that don't use the forums which I can introduce you to that do the long survivals & defense's almost every night.

Edited by Lickity-Split

After coming back, I'm realizing one of the reasons I took a long break...it's difficult to actually find people to play with.

I like challenges. Running through low to mid level derelicts over and over farming for X doesn't really interest me. Most voids are even pretty easy.

The only real place I ever find a challenge that requires more strategy than "shoot everything in the face" is high wave defense or long survivals...but finding people that just want to do it for the challenge is almost impossible. Most people just want to farm to wave 10 or 15 or whatever is fastest to farm whatever they are farming then they bail.

But then, on the flip side, the few groups doing moderately challenging things like T3 Defense or whatever, always want the "perfect" flavor of the month group that mitigates as much challenge as possible. No Nova? Bail. No Rhino? Bail. No Trinity? Bail.

Logging on every few months for a couple days to level up new weapons in Kappa just isn't enough to keep my attention.

What do?

sounds like maybe you might want to find yourself a clan to play with, i personally do high level stuff everyday with clan mates when we dont have any goal in mind.

IMO, the most difficult situations you can have in this game is soloing.

It is what me and a lot of veteran players do.  Try 55 min on Ceres Nuovo with Ash or 35 min with Ember (same place).  Try 30/40 waves on Pluto, Narcissus with Excalibur or Nyx,  or 1h with a Loki on an Orokin Survival t2.  I can assure, you'll have quite a challenge.

Edited by ebls

IMO, the most difficult situations you can have in this game is soloing.

It is what me and a lot of veteran players do.  Try 55 min on Ceres Nuovo with Ash or 35 min with Ember (same place).  Try 30/40 waves on Pluto, Narcissus with Excalibur or Nyx,  or 1h with a Loki on an Orokin Survival t2.  I can assure, you'll have quite a challenge.

I've been soloing for 2/3rds of my Warframe life. True, it's more challenging. But it's also pretty boring, if you do it constantly. One of the greatest joys I have now in Warframe is from playing with my friends and my brother. Nothing like a good, chaotic match; Or a well-timed, precision strike on an enemy squad; Or basically just tearing stuff apart together. It's pretty fun!

In fact, I rarely play other than with my brother now; I can afford only a few hours a week, but when I do play, I play with a small group of friends. It keeps things fresh, and the company is always welcome. Interception is a welcome change of pace as well, for something more hectic and "Tactical". Of course, one way of keeping things interesting is to switch up your load outs. Maybe random guns and Warframes, and just go for some random missions to see what kind of chaos it'll bring. 

There's a satisfying feeling of seeing your team grow from the newbies they once were into a formidable fighting force that could tear the world apart- And then, going back to square one and doing it all again, just cause you're badass that way.