The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Player From Mabinogi

Evariskitsune

Hi!

For gear, your first move should probably be to save up for a sentinel. The blueprint costs 100k and it costs a bit more than that to build.

That sounds painful, and it does take some time, but it is by far the best upgrade you can get. Life is MUCH easier once you have one.

As far as what weapon to pick, the frame you started with makes a large difference. Loki gets huge bonus damage to melee while invisible, excalibur can get fair mileage out of most rifles and side arms(buying a no-build one is a good idea; sicarus is a burst fire pistol, and "braton" is a decent upgrade over the mk1 version), and mag can actually rely on her skills for mass destruction(weapon upgrades aren't quite as important for her).

As noted, you will probably need help on earth(the eurasia mission is badly imbalanced at the moment). Other than that, you'll get a fair amount of stuff from just killing bosses. You can look at the codex(the little butterfly icon at the top of your screen) to see what warframes and weapons are available. If you pick one you like, you can get people to help you on recruiting channel.

Also, it's usually a good idea to look at joining a clan. They have access to some powerful weapons, and usually have some helpful players that can assist you. If that's not your thing, you can still build your own to get access to these, and it's fairly cheap.

Other than that, my biggest tip is to learn the art of movement--you can perform slide attacks, rolls, and wall runs for a great deal of cool affects, and a TON of dodging. Enemies tend to be poor at tracking targets, so if you can just keep moving, it will usually keep you alive much longer.

ALSO: The crossed swords icon brings up your "arsenal", and from there, you can mouse-over your gear to get options. Selecting the "upgrade" lets you add mods you've found to your gear. These are the basis of all "powering up". Fusing mods to make them stronger helps a ton.

Another thing: open everything. There are storage containers and lockers galore, and they have a little bit of ammo, health, and cash inside, and sometimes resources. It's nothing AMAZING, but you can double or triple your mission payout with enough looting, particularly in lower levels. Until you're able to do the really well-paying missions, this is a great income booster.

Headshots are always good. Everything has a head, even the robots(look for the little doggy face on it).

And, get a scanner. They cost 500 credits for 25 charges, and you get free exp from scanning things. More importantly, you get information in your codex, so you can study your opponents to see what they do and how to fight them and what they drop.

Hope that helps!

If you like to "play" with your enemies, and go stealth, then Loki is your best friend ;)

Spend your free platinum only on warframe or weapon slots. Everything else you can find in-game.

Edited by Khranitel

If you like to "play" with your enemies, and go stealth, then Loki is your best friend ;)

Spend your free platinum only on warframe or weapon slots. Everything else you can find in-game.

I wish i had known this in advance instead of sticking to the Excalibur frame... oh well.

Knowledge for the future.

I wish i had known this in advance instead of sticking to the Excalibur frame... oh well.

You can have all warframes and switch between them as you want, just this takes some time to create them

You can have all warframes and switch between them as you want, just this takes some time to create them

Yeah, like I said, knowledge for the future, it'll take some time to get, but oh well.  It'll give me time to get used to everything else before focusing on form and stealth.

Welcome , Tenno . To your third Person experience , i started warframe after THW events were closed in me3 (AS drastically anyone stopped playing) . Googles game like me3 multiplayer and found warframe . This happened actually very orten :P .

Spend your Start Plats in slots und just ASK in General chat if problems in completing missions , mostly people will hell ;)

Edited by Habba

Welcome to Warframe fellow Tenno :D

Greetings, Evariskitsune! Welcome to Warframe, we're happy to have you I assure you. I hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions you know just where to turn!
Now everybody, on the lotus train to fun!

H49k55n.jpg

loool XD rofl

escalibur_is_pleased_by_sneakyalbatross-

Edited by Aeon66

Excalibur isn't bad, but he wasn't meant for stealth.

Kinda figured, but I saw the word "balanced" and that led me straight to thinking;  "Gee, that would probably be perfect to learn in at first."  So went straight to it without looking much at the Loki.  

Dude. Excalibur has radial blind. You can toy with your enemies all you want, radial blind keeps them from seeing you. He also has super jump(which is a very cheap skill) to go over their heads for fun and excitement(also great for exploring), and slashdash can swiftly put you behind the enemy. Tons of fun there.

Radial Javelin isn't quite so playful, but hey, they can't all be winners.

Welcome to the world of Ninja! May we band together in shooting Grineer/Corpus or cleaning Infestation :D

As for advice:

- Stick through the first part with friends and don't do solo first.

- Never waste plats on revives

- Your next target is probably Braton or Boltor

- Try all weapons if you can. It will broaden your knowledge and playstyle

- Don't hesistate to ask for advice and help. We are Tenno, our only loyalty are to each other. And potatoes:)

- The first 3 planets would be a challenge, after that not so bad

- Check our wiki for in-depth info regarding Damage 2.0

Enjoy your stay :D

Edited by Lorche