Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Medusa Warframe Idea

Yanga

I've looked at all the ideas of Warframe and current Warframes that exist and noticed something... Only very little warframes that actually fit the idea of Mythiology (sorry if I mispelled). There's Loki, being a Deception type of Demigod idea, able to trick enemies into following the wrong idea of where he is... and Volt who is kind of like Thor. Here's my idea for a Warframe... be nice to have some 'Polite' ideas about it, please do not shoot it down immediately without a reason why that this isn't a good Warframe.

Name: Medusa

Type- Stone and armor affliction

Inspired by Medusa the Myth

Stats

Health- Medium Base- 100

Shields- Low Base- 75

Armor- Low Base- 15

Stamina- Medium

Speed- Medium-Fast Base- 1.5

Appearance_

Helmet with estimate of 9 strands coming off it, mask shows a squinting motion as if it trys to avoid seeing herself in a

mirror, Human shape head mold

Body is a smooth appearance like a robe, cuts short at the waist, patters neck down.

Legs are similar to Frost but is attached in the back with the off part

Arms are close to exoskeleton, shows the interior of it slightly with low armor covering them

Ability 1, Cost 25

Encase-

Selected target becomes immobile by his exoskeleton, giving the impression of being incased in stone.

By Lv - 3/6/9

Suggested by Tohsaka

Earthen Snare-

Incases the legs of a selected target in stone/metal from the ground, making the target unable to move (they'll still be able to shoot, just not move. Prevents Shockwave Moa's from finishing their ground stomp).

Same Length of Duration.

Suggested by Vaskadar

Partical Arrest-

Sends a small wave in all directions that immobiles a small amount of targets nearby. Once damaged, the binding is broken, releasing the target from the affect.

Range and Targets increase per level

R- 100/200/300 T- 2/4/6

Ability 2, Cost 50

Pool-

Makes a Mirage of water being made beneath her, once it becomes its max range, it slows enemies that walk over it and weakens their armor like acid.

Duration and range increases by Lv- D 4/8/12 R 150/300/450

Ability 3, Cost 75

Serenity-

Purifies health of status inflictions such as Fire, Poison, and slow aliments such as Freeze... it also buffs speed and give a small health regen for a very short time.

Speed length - 2/4/6 seconds Health regen and timer- 1% for 5seconds/2% for 10seconds/3% for 15seconds

Corrected and edited idea by Stygi

Ability 4, Cost 125

Petrify-

All enemies withing line of sight of ability usage is completely immobile for a good duration of time, armor is reduced,

and health regen percentage increases by amount of enemies cought in line of sight.

Time per lv - 5/10/15

armor reduction % - 10/20/30

regen % per second - 1%/2%/3% for 12/10/8 seconds

(reason for time reduced per second of hp regen is because it would heal too much if it increased)

A Warframe that can actually keep itself safe by healing between battles faster, but has low armor... making it weaker in solo boss fights but can come back easily with a ultimate heal (Petrify).

Petrify is usually a emergency ability meant to be used if Medusa is overwhelmed by enemies. It would be pointlessly be used if used outside of battle unless the health is below 10% of max. If a Regeneration Artifact is active, it would help Medusa better in solo fights because of the regen of Sirenity that can be provided.

I've been tinkering with Petrify the most because it is hard to get a good turnback move... it may seem a little overboard, but if anyone can think of a good amount... it'd be helpful to suggest.

Also, it has come to me how large Pool can be... I really don't know a good size for it so if anyone knows a good amount for it, please do tell.

Edited by Yanga

Question about Encase: What about infected and corpus?

It would still lock their armor up for Corpus

Infected is Grineer and Corpus in a biomass that is overlaying their armor, controlling them. It affects them too... might have less affect though because of density of mass though.

I believe this would be a smashing idea if i dont say so myself

Thanks for the good feedback :)

Edited by Yanga

I didn't consider corpus and infested as "armored" hence I had to ask :P. I honestly like this better than trinity which I chucked for Saryn.

Trinity can provide healing, but Medusa would be more as a 'Take a breather' for a moment just to get some people to use items to heal themselves. The abilities that heal only affect Medusa because well... her armor is low and so is her shield. If you get Vitality and Shield mods, then she'll do better solo, other than that, she can't really solo that well.

Corpus does have armor... their 'Bio' suit that has small shards of magnetic energy to provide shielding.

Infected have been taking over dead Corpus and Grineer bodies that have been gibbed, slashed, and just plain shot, thus why they have some form of armor.

Overall, I love this idea! I just don't care for the second ability very much. I have trouble seeing the overall usefulness of that ability except perhaps in defence missions. That being said, most warframes have that mostly useless ability so I don't see anything wrong with keeping it the way that it is :3

well i prefer tinity thank you

if that was a warframe then it would be way to over powered dumby

Trinity is a low use in team fights and more useful in bosses... Medusa is a more of a Team Fighter than able to solo a boss.

Her Ultimate is used as a means to turn a fight in your favor if you get overwhelmed by enemies... thus why is requires 125 energy to use.

Overall, I love this idea! I just don't care for the second ability very much. I have trouble seeing the overall usefulness of that ability except perhaps in defence missions. That being said, most warframes have that mostly useless ability so I don't see anything wrong with keeping it the way that it is :3

Pool would help in boss fights like Jackal that have large armor and shields... it helps take out health faster pretty much and enemies with melee stats get slow'd by the effect when they run at you. Makes it useful in most cases :)

And yeah, some Warframes do have abilities with little use (Silence on Banshee being one)... but then again, it becomes a need sooner or later.

Not overpowered at all, if you say Medusa's 4 is OP then go see Volt's 4 ;-;

I support this reason lol

Why volt isn't a starting Frame anymore and is replaced by Mag.

A stone warframe with a mythical backround? Sounds awesome :3

Thanks for the good feedback :)

Sirenity -> Serenity?

Also, I like the 3rd skill, but I wouldn't use 75 energy to just remove a status affliction. I would use it for the health regen tho, but when I read the skill description, it's my understanding that it either clears status afflictions or it gives a speed buff and regen but doesn't do both.

Sirenity -> Serenity?

Also, I like the 3rd skill, but I wouldn't use 75 energy to just remove a status affliction. I would use it for the health regen tho, but when I read the skill description, it's my understanding that it either clears status afflictions or it gives a speed buff and regen but doesn't do both.

It doesn't do both because I thought'd be too much :P

If you think that it'll be better as both, I don't think there should be a reason against it lol

Sounds like her first and second ability are very similar to snowglobe and freeze. I don't wish to have any sort of redundancy, but they are functionally similar. Snowglobe DOES slow enemies down.

Yes but the appearance affects have different outcomes. Pool also reduces the armor of enemies that walk over it and you'll be able to actually see them walk over it. As for encase, it shows them stop movement completely without any visible reason why (because the exoskeleton is stopped, not because of ice).

Yes but the appearance affects have different outcomes. Pool also reduces the armor of enemies that walk over it and you'll be able to actually see them walk over it. As for encase, it shows them stop movement completely without any visible reason why (because the exoskeleton is stopped, not because of ice).

Encase is still functionally redundant. Its purpose is to stop an enemy in its tracks, just as freeze does.

Encase is still functionally redundant. Its purpose is to stop an enemy in its tracks, just as freeze does.

Look, I had to have a ability that can be used frequently but it singles out a target as a move that a Medusa would have. It was either that or think of something Acid related but then it would have the redundency of Venom. Which one would people like more for a 'Stone' type of warframe? Obviously the Immobile Exoskeleton. If you can think of a better 1st ability, I'd love to hear it.

Look, I had to have a ability that can be used frequently but it singles out a target as a move that a Medusa would have. It was either that or think of something Acid related but then it would have the redundency of Venom. Which one would people like more for a 'Stone' type of warframe? Obviously the Immobile Exoskeleton. If you can think of a better 1st ability, I'd love to hear it.

Think back to Toph Beifong and her professional Earthbending skills... I'd think instead of turning enemies to stone (although it is undoubtedly representative of Medusa), the power could involve creating a sort of bond between the ground and the enemy's limbs, essentially paralyzing him as the "immobile exoskeleton" move would. Maybe an ability that transforms her hair into snakes and does some sort of intimidation or acid damage? I don't know; just my two cents.

Also, what would Medusa's base mana capacity be? I'm looking at you, Petrify.

Particle Arrest - Multiple target AOE effect instead of single target. Less duration than freeze (about 3 to 5 seconds) and damaging target breaks the effect. Better for crowd control. Can hit up to 3 targets in a small radius. Temporarily halts particle movement through a particle condenser.

This differentiates it from freeze in functionality.

Edited by Vaskadar