Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Starting Weapons & Weapon Suggestions

Razyne

ive seen people writing about starting weapons, and id like to say that they are good, but i think there should be more weapons at start wich you could buy with credits. just a few, like 2 melees and 2 primarys and 2 secondary.

i think braton and lato are quite huge noise makers. when i started playing Warframe, i though that its stealthy space ninja game. but when i got in, i saw braton and lato. i was a bit confusing about them, since ninjas are stealthy, in my opnion.

i would like to suggest STARTER WEAPON PACKS to DE.

EXAMPLE:

heavy pack: contains badass rifle and heavy caliber style secondary, like vasto or marelok. melee would be heavy too.

stealth pack: contains a bow, throwing knives/stars, and daggers/dual swords.

i think pack could cost like 30,000 cr---50,000 cr.

just thinking about new players:)

I like the idea, but I don't think that DE is going to sell three weapons in a pack that new players can afford.  What if there were your two packs, and a "balanced pack" that contains MK1, Lato, and Skana, and new players had a choice between them, just like their choice of starting frame.

that would be awesome too!

If you see the market there are basic weapon packs but they sell for plat, and I don't see that changing... Marketing strategies bro.

For me the Skana and the acrobatics fulfilled the ninja feel.

Thaaaaats right!

A choice from a small pool of a starting primary and a secondary would be nice.

3 options to chose from under either category.

However, the skana should stay as the starting melee weapon. It has this symbolic Tenno feel to it.

EDIT: The thing with packs is that. It has a higher chance to lead to partial disappointment. Because one of the packs might have a primary the player wants, but he/she isn't fond of pistols, for instance. I personally love the SMG's in Warframe for instance.

Edited by Ammolds

Great idea! And i think that that it should cost some, (i dont think it should be the weapon, just the bp) and there should be a discount for low ranked players, and for high ranked ones it should be normal price. All around awesome idea

A choice from a small pool of a starting primary and a secondary would be nice.

3 options to chose from under either category.

However, the skana should stay as the starting melee weapon. It has this symbolic Tenno feel to it.

EDIT: The thing with packs is that. It has a higher chance to lead to partial disappointment. Because one of the packs might have a primary the player wants, but he/she isn't fond of pistols, for instance. I personally love the SMG's in Warframe for instance.

I agree about skana, it is like symbol on the game. Skana was used by excal on trailer aswell.

I definitely think a choice between weaponry is a good one to start off.

Perhaps as part of the initial warframe selection, a selection of weaponry is also placed in. For example, if you choose Excalibur, you're given the default Braton/Lato/Skana loadout. If you choose Loki, you're given a more stealthy selection. Perhaps a bow would be a bit too overpowered, but certainly something like kunai would be a good choice. 

Skana should definitely be standard for all loadouts though.

Edited by Adamusa

Um...  While I can see giving a selection of starter weaponry as nice, I would suggest totally new weapons, rather than existing ones. Screws over existing players hard otherwise.

I don't think it would be too difficult for them to come up with stuff, but I do question a few of the options suggested. Bows and throwns come with physics, and I'm not sure that's going to be the best NPE right out of the gate--it's hard enough to learn the game, adding in the "and your weapon has travel time AND is affected by gravity" would be a bit much.

You can already buy a number of weapons for credits only(off the top of my head, Braton, Sicarus, Lex, Strun, and the starting weapons), so I'm not entirely sure that we don't already have this partially. Also, your first encounter with Vor is almost a guaranteed Cronus drop.

Additionally, I'd note, all of the starter stuff needs to be balanced compared to eachother--they all must be a "balanced" pack, just with different balances.

I definitely think a choice between weaponry is a good one to start off.

Perhaps as part of the initial warframe selection, a selection of weaponry is also placed in. For example, if you choose Excalibur, you're given the default Braton/Lato/Skana loadout. If you choose Loki, you're given a more stealthy selection. Perhaps a bow would be a bit too overpowered, but certainly something like kunai would be a good choice. 

Skana should definitely be standard for all loadouts though.

Something like kunai,-- but still i think they should be like alot nerfed version.

Just think about it, all newbs running with kunais around. Maybe they should be similar kunai, but dmg would be alot smaller.