Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydroid Needs A Better Name.

Syke_Stryker

*Names I've heard so far*

Riptide:

I like it, but I don't like it for the Warframe. It doesn't really fit with the frame itself, but it's a good name in general.

Triton:

I like it, definitely one of the names I would prefer not my top pick but I would be ok with it.

Hydro/Hydros:

If anything if the DE is very hesitant on changing the name, I'm ok with a abbreviated version. Hydro sounds much better in general, sure we could still just call him Hydro for short but I'd rather have Hydro as his permanent name, it just sits better.

Cthulhu:

I keep hearing this, I love it, I would laugh not at the name but at how epic and amazing it would be if the DE's actually named it Cthulhu. I doubt it, but still just the thought of it makes me a little excited.

Leviathan:

My top choice, mainly because of his final attack and the fact that the warframe itself looks sort of screams out Leviathan to me.

Charybdis/Scylla:

I love the Oddessy reference but the only problem is that Charybdis is simply a whirlpool, and Scylla is a female that wasn't even water related as it lived in the cave that followed the path to Charybdis who was the whirlpool beast. So both seem very unfitting, that and there would be so many people mispronouncing the name as well let alone spelling them. Too many misconceptions for this name :/

Abyss:

I... Is that even a name...? It sounds more like an attack move than a actual name. It wouldn't be a bad name, but it just simply doesn't sound like a name.

To those thinking about how "Hydroid's" name should be Pirate-like,

Take Oberon "The Paladin" for example.

He turned out to be a Guru/Druid. Not much of a Paladin as DE suggested.

I think Hydroid will be just a flat-out Waterframe with MAYBE A HINT of Pirate theme in him, maybe due to his Tricorn alternate hat?

Thus, I suggest we strictly stick to Water analogies and naming conventions.

(Oh, his first skill is also supposedly a water cannonball, yeh).

Thus, Leviathan? In regards to his tentacle mouths? :3

lol Oberon

Tough sounding name.

Ends up being the "King of the Fairies". lmao

(So that's what's flying around whenever I use Smite.) lol

I agree name needs to be changed. Just doesn't "feel" like it suits the frame. I vote Hydros if they dont want to stray too far from the original name, Sounds way better anyway. Or maybe... Raineer? Or does that look too much like Grineer? @.@

Aenon means water spring. And before anyone points out that Frost, Ember, and Volt are all weak representations of the element, I'll point out the Sarin gas that Saryn is named after is rather effective.

Turns out Aedre is a girl's name.

Edited by Nox-Lamina

Hydroid isn't the best name, but it isn't as bad as everyone is making it out to be. I like Riptide, but I doubt DE will change it, due to the fact our community *@##$es about almost everything and if they give in they will only get more of the same. So, get used to Hydroid.

Just wait, this is actually just a preview of frame names 2.0! Highlights of the new naming system include Rhinode, Mechros, Frostox, Vaubionic, Oberoid, Sarynge, Embot, and of course Voltron!

Edited by Theramalse

Just wait, this is actually just a preview of frame names 2.0! Highlights of the new naming system include Rhinode, Mechros, Frostox, Vaubionic, Oberoid, Sarynge, Embot, and of course Voltron!

This is my favorite comment ever

-Ember is a spark of fire. Fire element.

-Volt is a single volt, a weak charge. Electricity.

-Frost is the formation of small ice crystals. Ice/snow.

-Zephyr is a soft breeze. Wind.

-Hydroid is a stage in the life of a jellyfish. ..Biology?

One of these stick out and does not fit. Can you find which one?

Why does Hydroid not follow the theme of all the other elemental Warframes? Their names all refer to tiny, insignificant parts of a certain element they have full control over. Hydroid is really silly and simply does not fit in with the rest.

This is something that I posted in another thread. But it was mostly flaming going on there so I got ignored. lol. Just putting something out there.

~~~~~~~~~~~

What about "Man o' War"? Or something along those lines? Just something that popped into my head. Never really thought about it too much. Since it's not a single name it may not do. What do you think?

Man of War

NavyPaintings007.jpg

Man-o'-war

portuguese_man_o_war.jpg

This is something that I posted in another thread. But it was mostly flaming going on there so I got ignored. lol. Just putting something out there.

~~~~~~~~~~~

What about "Man o' War"? Or something along those lines? Just something that popped into my head. Never really thought about it too much. Since it's not a single name it may not do. What do you think?

Man of War

NavyPaintings007.jpg

Man-o'-war

portuguese_man_o_war.jpg

It's cool but doesn't quiet fit.

This is my favorite comment ever

This.

mind-blown-o.gif

People quoted my post! Do I get special points now?

I probably get special points.

Heh, fun aside, I don't like the name that much either, but I don't have any good ideas for a better one, and I confess I don't like most of what's being suggested here. Sorry OP, when I saw Riptide I couldn't help but think "Oh god, he's a Ben 10 alien now?" no offense.

Edited by Theramalse