The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Speed- Please Drastically Reduce Fov Distortion

Einsig_SV

I'm tired of having to drop my FOV settings to minimum simply so I can play Volt without my own ability screwing over my interface, making it damn near impossible to comprehend anything that isn't happening within 5 feet of me.

Please, DE, this has to either be removed entirely or be reduced to the point where it does not impede the ability to play Volt so much that I have to change my display settings every time I pick this Warframe. Set a hard cap on how high the FOV increase can go, rather than the current implimentation where is always multiplies your current FOV.

Edited by Ion_Sig

Have you tried turning off a few of the graphical options like Bloom to see if that helps?  I believe turning off Bloom nicely fixes up Energy Shield, so it or one of the others might solve your Speed issue.  I don't get anything other than the speed lines behind my Volt anyway, and that's with Bloom, Motion Blur, and Depth of Field off.

Edited by Axterix13

I tend to play with a the FoV maxed out myself so I hardly notice anything, have you considered just bumping up the FoV across the board so that the effect isn't as drastic?

My FOV is maxed out and Volt's speed still makes me dizzy because it still drastically increases the FOV.

since his shield only double critical dmg, and most electricity element in game is giving critical chance,  why don't change his speed to buff volt's weapons or rifle critical chance? gives 2x critical chance? or boost critical damage? or change how speed works into faster reload + faster swing + faster fire rate?

You guys don't seem to know how the distortion works.

It multiplies. If you have the Field of View in your display options set to minimum, Speed barely does anything. I can use Speed comfortably at minimum FoV settings.

But it gets dramatically worse the higher you turn up Field of View. Having FoV set much higher than medium makes it virtually impossible to gauge distances and focus on anything more than a few feet from you.