The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ghost Clans! Shadow Clans! Unite!

thebrainbrain

Another +1 to the acceptance of Lone Warlords (1 man clans):

If the warlord quits the game, you don't end up with a clan full of people also going inactive or having no leadership, it's just the one guy.

Also, Lone Warlords generally solo-build their dojo, which means they play a ton of missions and are generally highly competent players.

That said, we all know the power of a tight-knit group of players who make up an active ghost or shadow clan.

I just don't think that asking clans to recruit makes any sense, especially since alliance count is purely based on member numbers and not clan numbers.

Also also, how are we going to set up a vote for the alliance name?

Should probably get a poll going sooner rather than later.

It would be good to have a name established before U13 so the alliance can be started the same day U13 goes live.

out all the suggestions so far I lean towards

The Ghost Coalation

Tsuki Bureka

The Shadow Proclamation

Edited by reltats

Well, again, are we talking alliances here in the purest sense of the word or are we suggesting a larger clan of clans being an alliance in name only? Any such alliance that's going to be based on the mutual, good-willed cooperation of many clans can't regulate the inner workings of the smaller clans. Few are going to join an alliance that dictates the number of members a clan has to have. You're not going to get anywhere mandating that one-member clans recruit members.

Well, again, are we talking alliances here in the purest sense of the word or are we suggesting a larger clan of clans being an alliance in name only? Any such alliance that's going to be based on the mutual, good-willed cooperation of many clans can't regulate the inner workings of the smaller clans. Few are going to join an alliance that dictates the number of members a clan has to have. You're not going to get anywhere mandating that one-member clans recruit members.

I agree, and I would say that one man clans shouldn't be the concern we focus on in terms of activity level, because not only are they very active players in general, they represent an extremely small portion of the total population.

The inverse I would say is much more important to prevent, namely larger clans that are mostly inactive. I agree that I do not think warlords from other clans should tell other clans how they should be running them. Clan sovereignty is very important. That being said, warlords know how active their clans are, and we should thus not allow entry for larger clans that are all or mostly inactive. I'm shadow warlord myself and I would not feel comfortable joining an alliance that strives to be active if most of my clan members were generally inactive. This should be established before a clan joins the alliance, that way regulation of inactivity is not needed afterwards. It's not full proof of course, but it would be silly to think a conglomeration of people 3000 large would have the capacity to be perfect at all. :P 

Edited by DJ_Redwire

Seeing how the recuitment statement was recived i made a small edit at the bottom of the original post.

Moreover I need to make clear right now that the alliance with its structur and organisation at no point in time will touch upon the inner workings or decision making of any clan. We are a community not a superclan with an overwarlord!

It would be good to have a name established before U13 so the alliance can be started the same day U13 goes live.

out all the suggestions so far I lean towards

The Ghost Coalation

Tsuki Bureka

The Shadow Proclamation

I'd really suggest leaving 'Moon Breakers' in English.  It simply doesn't translate well into Japanese, and the 'bureka' just looks awkward, since it's the Japanized version of the English word.

The only way I could figure to accurately translate it into Japanese would come out as something like 'people who break the moon,' which really doesn't have the same feel to it.

hi there. if yous are looking for a more organized list of compatible alliances i made a thread in order to prepare for U13

so searching for a specific alliance or wanting to get the word out wont be a rediclously long task scrolling thrw page after page on the recruitment section on the forums

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/206830-alliance-list/#entry2424047

this thread can hopefully help you :)

now one minute while i assume my ultimate form in preporation for U13 :P

frnXxyM.gif

Edited by DiBBz

I'd really suggest leaving 'Moon Breakers' in English.  It simply doesn't translate well into Japanese, and the 'bureka' just looks awkward, since it's the Japanized version of the English word.

The only way I could figure to accurately translate it into Japanese would come out as something like 'people who break the moon,' which really doesn't have the same feel to it.

It sounds pretty sweet to me. But maybe that's because I love Gurren Lagann and that's more or less how Simon pronounces "breaker."

iZEwINCXGgB3o.gif

Nah, it just sounds cool.

Edited by SolidSp33d

yeap, sounds horrible, this is not a gurren laggan fandom alliance, this is a tenno alliance.

I've reserved a post on DiBBz's alliances page for our alliance here to be sure we can be on the first page if we don't get our info down fast enough.

Good thinking.

btw. Can we all agree that a stream group is the best way to organize ourselves once we pick a name?

Like I mentioned before, most of us are probably on steam right? It will be very easy to get announcements out through there, and in general the tools in steam groups are pretty versatile for something you can make so quickly. Or does anyone object to that?

Edited by SolidSp33d

Bowing out of this proposed alliance and officially starting my own, at least in forum form. Anyone wanting to pledge to join can find more info in this unofficial alliance megathread https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/206830-alliance-list/

PM me if interested.

so your going to decline this alliance then post a recruitment link to your own alliance here entirely to poach pledged clans, in a shameless and obvious power grab....neat.

would a steam group be the best way? no. best way would be an enjen forum with embedded team speak 3, and in game sub channels and a dojo to act as a central hub for face to face meetings. but ill not object to a second line of organization and communication.

Certainly, but it's probably a better way to get things together quickly for the moment. The update is right around the corner after all. But working on an enjin forum as well would be ideal.

btw. Can we all agree that a steam group is the best way to organize ourselves once we pick a name?

Like I mentioned before, most of us are probably on steam right? It will be very easy to get announcements out through there, and in general the tools in steam groups are pretty versatile for something you can make so quickly. Or does anyone object to that?

Good thinking, Ive made a temp group until we can get more organized at http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Alliancetemp Every who wants to fully pledge can do so here, I'm also creating a broad stroke type poll to see what type of name people want the most (after another run through of the tread to see whats been posted so far)

Edit: poll is up at http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=53420822e4b0ea8b19f20fb7

Edited by reltats

Good thinking, Ive made a temp group until we can get more organized at http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Alliancetemp Every who wants to fully pledge can do so here, I'm also creating a broad stroke type poll to see what type of name people want the most (after another run through of the tread to see whats been posted so far)

Sounds good. Thanks for setting this up.

I'm in. Sadly, my clan is quite small.

IGN: MorteTacere

Clan: Only Sorta Dead

I'd say something along the lines of "MUH SMAWL ELEET FITIGN FORSS", but I basically just picked people up from the recruiting chat.