Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ether Daggers: Why Were They Removed?

Escherionix

i mean,they looked cool,did SOME damage,and were fun to use...

is there is any chance of them comming back with a little bit of a buff?

i know a bunch would say that the fangs (prime) are better either versions but they didn't look as good

Though I'd like everyone else to be able to get Ether Daggers, I do like being one of the few who actually own it. But again, I wouldn't mind if it was re-released for everyone to craft.

But you also have to remember that there are more than enough Slash weapons around.

IF the case was about the underusage and outclassing then,why is the kraken and normal sicarus still here?

IF you follow this logic, many(most) weapons would have to be retired.

Fact is that the ether daggers dealt "blade" damage on both attacks, charge and normal, while the dual ether dealt "serrated blade" on both, along with other factors making the daggers highly inferior to them and other melees. 

They were redundant and outclassed by the dual ether in every way.

Edited by A.o.D.

Though I'd like everyone else to be able to get Ether Daggers, I do like being one of the few who actually own it. But again, I wouldn't mind if it was re-released for everyone to craft.

But you also have to remember that there are more than enough Slash weapons around.

I'd settle for them to be added as a log in reward. I mean, the Gorgon and Machete still drop that way... I'd think that would be the best way to handle 'retired' weapons (I'm talking to you too Boar). Sure, your at the will of the RNG gods, but, you always have a shot... Plus, it keeps them relatively exclusive.

Edit: I'd love for retired weapons (or their blue prints) to just show back up in the store for credits, but I don't expect that to happen... and I'm, ultimately, happy with them being permanently available in just about any fashion.

Edited by PoorCensored

I used/tested them in the last time and i think they are not much better,but hey DE add them again for the other people who dont have it.This game needs more dual daggers.All Dual Daggers are in my opinion most badass weapon and best looking in the game.

I'm not very certain the Machete does drop as login reward, has anyone actually gotten one post market removal?

Support told me that the Gorgon and Machete did drop as log in rewards when I asked about the retired weapons in addition to another issue...

I've never seen Cronus drop, but support told me it does drop from Vor on Mercury, so I keep trying.

Edited by PoorCensored

Because they weren't a dagger, and they weren't an Ether weapon.

4edbbd43186133498a000000.jpg?w=400

OT:

The devs blamed it on "did not suit the game's art style" (despite the fact that Grineer still use Machetes and Gorgons and that Tenno are still able to obtain the other Ether weapons without issue). They just didn't want to balance it out of fear from backlash from the community or something ('cause we'd totally have a problem with the devs increasing viability of the worst weapons in the game).

That, or they decided to do a TF2 and experiment to see if "We're retiring ___!" is a good way to make a quick cash grab. In both cases, the answer turned out to be no.

Edited by SortaRandom

OT:

That, or they decided to do a TF2 and experiment to see if "We're retiring ___!" is a good way to make a quick cash grab. In both cases, the answer turned out to be no.

If that is the case, and it wasn't; I hope they bring them back... The only thing I spend platinum on are slots (warframe, weapon, and sentinel) - and I only spend platinum I buy (I don't trade for platinum). Adding them back to the game in such a way that I can get them significantly easy means I'll spend 24 more platinum right now...

I keep every bog-standard weapon I level. Believe it or not, I've found the occasional situation where every weapon has some use with some warframe power/mod and map/enemy/mission type combination and some playstyle, so far.

What I don't keep are the Wraiths, since I can't ever actually get a full set of them - but that's a whole other issue.

Edited by PoorCensored

What I don't keep are the Wraiths, since I can't ever actually get a full set of them - but that's a whole other issue.

A bit off-topic, but that's silly. Of course you're never going to get a full set of them if you keep selling them. XD

A bit off-topic, but that's silly. Of course you're never going to get a full set of them if you keep selling them. XD

Very off topic: Support has told me that there a no plans to re-release any event weapons at this time. If I ever see DE re-release them, or explicitly say they will, I'll start collecting them. I have, but haven't used, my Dex Furious - because I'm waiting to see if it will eventually be available again, maybe next year. I haven't heard anything one way or another about Dex weapons.

Edited by PoorCensored

Eh they could put them back in as random alert rewards. Would be a nice spot and would add another thing to get from them.

+1.

Would be nice to see something that isn't a small credit bundle once in a while. I think they intended for U10's "Fin Sword" to be an Alert weapon as well (if anyone remembers that). More Alert stuff would be lovely.

Oh hey, thanks for reminding me I need to craft mine. I bought the BP just before they removed it, but never crafted them.

As for why, I can only think that they perhaps looked them up and saw that maybe a very low percentage of players were using them, so removed them to make way for new and perhaps more popular weapons.

Oh hey, thanks for reminding me I need to craft mine. I bought the BP just before they removed it, but never crafted them.

As for why, I can only think that they perhaps looked them up and saw that maybe a very low percentage of players were using them, so removed them to make way for new and perhaps more popular weapons.

How long have you had that blueprint?

And I don't see how removing 4 items from the show would help make space for new stuff... it's a virtual store... you have infinite space... you could just keep the new stuff at the top of the list...

How long have you had that blueprint?

And I don't see how removing 4 items from the show would help make space for new stuff... it's a virtual store... you have infinite space... you could just keep the new stuff at the top of the list...

I have no idea. I don't remember when they removed the ether daggers from the MP, but I know it's been quite a few months.

As for space for new stuff, I wouldn't say they have -infinite- space. But I'm just merely speculating. I don't know why they removed them. My only guess = lack of popularity, and they were redundant at the time.