Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synapse Or Boltor Prime?

(PSN)TheSeamlessSuit

Both are powerful in their own right. Synapse is a crit machine that has limited range, and Boltor Prime is a beast, but projectile travel time limit its effectiveness in long range. Both work best in close-quarter combat. Its up to personal preference at this point.

In terms of advantages and disadvantages:

Synapse's reliance on crit builds makes aiming for headshots more rewarding, as the multiplier for headshotting with a crit based weapon is really high.

Synapse can utilize Heavy Caliber to great effect without any significant drawbacks.

Base Electric damage allows ease of modding.

Boltor Prime, despite not being a crit machine, it makes up for it with raw power, and basically feels really good overall. Pinning enemies to the wall with a bolt gun never gets old.

Edited by X3Evanescence

Imo the boltor prime is the best rifle in the game. Synapse is really good too but its not my style. also with boltor prime the fact you dont have to rely on crit damage means you have 2 or 3 more mod slots you can use for whatever you want, personally I just put more elemental mods on for more damage.

Which part of that you did not understand?

sorry I didnt read . But boltor prime still has better damage per shot. My 4 forma boltor prime can kill lvl 10-20 with a short burst compared to a synapse that takes a little more. I would say boltor prime is more ammo efficient especially with piercing. 

Which part of that you did not understand?

Lol the DPS is a legit concept even if the OP said he doesn't care about the DPS story. Its one of the many things that WILL build on to another person's added on opinion. Nothing stands alone. Were tenno remember?

going to be honest... the Boltor prime does have it far more better.. brutal shooting power, and speed. Its not instant, but boy oh boy does it feel good. Synapse is an EXTREMELY LIMITED SITUATION WEAPON. Its like an RPG except a hundred times worse as to where the RPG has more usefulness in a larger majority of situations. With Synapse you will find yourself desperately searching for good places to use it. I maxed mine out, but HATED IT with a passion, and I am the guy that leaps into a crowd of enemies as Nekros. Summoning the dead to distract as I save fallen allies, an then leaping into another crowd to beat them to death in close combat. Heck most shotguns when properly modded are a far better choice than Synapse and I HATE shotguns due to recoil, limited ammo, and spread over distance.

Probably better off seeking Phage, but then again its up to you. Just my two sense from a guy who specializes in close combat to the extreme, and will quite literally outlast ALL Nekros players(still haven't seen a Nekros outlast me yet), and most others of other types of players.

Edited by Arlayn

I have a two forma Boltor Prime and just got the Synapse earlier today, which is the better weapon overall? I'm not basing my idea of "better" solely on DPS either, practicality and also the damage per shot are important to me. Thoughts?

I'm not sure who has the better DPS, but synapses range limit is a big factor in your choice, moreover synapse doesn't even have 'damage per shot'. Boltor has travel time but it's not that long and if you stack the pinning effect with punchthrough you can clear hoards and hoards of enemies with little effort, which is great for survival and defense.

Edited by CubedOobleck

Just use the one that you think will be more fun to use.

Do you enjoy the idea of zapping enemies to death, and don't mind the range limitation? Then use the Synapse.

Do you like pinning enemies to the wall? Then use the Boltor Prime.

They are both excellent weapons and for most content, neither one will have any issues whatsoever.

I like the synapse, if only it had the the kind of range as the arc traps it would be a whole lot better.

Incidentally, got shot by ark trap that was on the OUTSIDE of the tile set today.

It's still a mind bogglingly incompetent implementation of an utterly stupid idea.