The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Replace Ember's Fireball With A Fire Dash

Duk282

3 of Ember's skills are point blank area-of-effect skills yet she has no mobility skill to help get her into the middle of the fight.

I do not think she needs a projectile (fireball). I think she should have a "fire dash" skill that leaves a trail of fire behind her. This would be an awesome combo to the rest of her skills. 

So a third (soon to be fourth) dash skill? We already have Slash Dash and Charge, so that would only lessen the ability diversity, especially with Hydroid's Tidal Surge (is that the name of his 2?).

So a third (soon to be fourth) dash skill? We already have Slash Dash and Charge, so that would only lessen the ability diversity, especially with Hydroid's Tidal Surge (is that the name of his 2?).

I'm sure that is factoring into why the devs didn't give Valkyr a dash move but even she should have some type of dash (pounce?) instead of ripline (ripline begs to go on a sniper's tool kit). 

Look at each frame's skill set individually. Some of them have an obvious gap where a simple tweak in one skill would make their skill set compliment each other (despite certain skills being too similar). The trick is finding a way to make skill "re-skins" unique in their own way. 

Hydroid's "tidal surge" is going to combo with his "puddle" skill really well.  

P.S. I also want to point out that no one has mentioned how Ember has 3 point blank area-of-effect skills but somehow it would be negative to add another dash skill to the game?

Edited by Duk282

I like Fireball. I would prefer it if they changed Fireblast to something similar to what Leaders or Ruk does, a giant flaming explosion that has knockback. Or something like Krill, when he slams the ground and makes that line of fire.  Cuz honestly, Fireblast isn't that great an ability. Change that one, leave Fireball. 

Edited by DecapitatingJim

I like Fireball. I would prefer it if they changed Fireblast to something similar to what Leaders or Ruk does, a giant flaming explosion that has knockback. Or something like Krill, when he slams the ground and makes that line of fire. 

+1 Either of those could work as a good substitute for Fire Blast lol

She could use some more mobility, but I wouldn't replace her Fireball with it, it's actually a very useful 1st ability IMO, and we don't need another Slash Dash knockoff. They could just boost her innate speed or give her a slight speed boost when using WoF (or both). If we really want to replace skills though I'd imagine Fireblast would be the majority vote (even though I personally like it, they could possibly combine Accelerant and Fireblast and fill the empty space with a new mobility skill or something like that).

Edited by Paradoxbomb

I'd love Fireblast to actually combine a fire dash and persistant explosion. Shoot forward while burning, then after reaching a certain distance based on skill rank, have that burning energy explode around Ember just like what Fireblast is now! This would allow Ember to have a shock-troop ability, especially if the explosion has a stun, knockdown or guaranteed fire proc.

I'd love Fireblast to actually combine a fire dash and persistant explosion. Shoot forward while burning, then after reaching a certain distance based on skill rank, have that burning energy explode around Ember just like what Fireblast is now! This would allow Ember to have a shock-troop ability, especially if the explosion has a stun, knockdown or guaranteed fire proc.

I like this idea.