The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any Planetside 2 Players Here?

BloodKitten

I've tried and tried to get into this game, but either I have okay internet and a slow computer, or I have a decent computer and sh!tty internet. In both cases it's almost unplayable.

(btw if you're interested: VS, Waterson, US East, same IGN.)

People still play it? Last time i checked it there wasn't a single soul.

Miller is active alot atleast when i play, had a few good battles with 30+ infantry, 10+ tanks, some air support on each side, its intense assuming players actually working as a team when taking facilities.

Ugh...Planetside 2...

I just couldn't stay awake during that game.  It's a great idea, but for me it just ended up being running around for 20 min trying to find something to shoot at, dying instantly and never seeing where it came from, then running around for 20 min again.  And the vehicle spawn point thing that's suppose to drop you into the action didn't really work either.  One time I was playing with the sniper loadout, and after walking through badlands for a half an hour, I see an enemy sniper on a bridge.  He didn't see me.  I slide up next to him, probably about 5 in game meters from him, zoom in on his head, put a sniper round square in his head, he turns towards me, and before he can fire, I put another round square in his chest, he whips out the crappy assault rifle and sprays one burst in my general direction and I fall down dead and he skips aways happy as a clam.  That's when I said, "I'm done."

It's a great idea, but for me it just ended up being running around for 20 min trying to find something to shoot at, dying instantly and never seeing where it came from, then running around for 20 min again. 

This is exactly my issue with that game. The combat system looks great, and it's all great adrenaline-pumping fun once you get into a firefight, but the problem is that it takes so stupidly long to get into the fray without the quick-deploy (which has a cooldown), and I find that more often than not the quick-deploy keeps landing me in spots that are conveniently swarmed by the enemy team, so I can rarely, if ever, manage more than one or two kills before getting steamrollered and forgotten.

Edited by SortaRandom