The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did You Play Dark Sector?

azour

People say its a boring and mediocre game 

But here it look like some people like the game and even adore it

What are your thoughts about it?

It is boring and mediocore. I've regretted paying 4 Euros for it on Steam.

If someone wants me to I can go into details why I think that, but the butthurt will probably be too strong for most fanboys.

What bothered me in dark sector was the same thing that bother me today with warframe (among other things) : no story. No lore. 

You're going from point A to point B, killing everything in your way, but you never know why. You get some clues here and there but that's it.

I don't really like it. But hey, Hayden was badass.

What bothered me in dark sector was the same thing that bother me today with warframe (among other things) : no story. No lore. 

You're going from point A to point B, killing everything in your way, but you never know why. You get some clues here and there but that's it.

I don't really like it. But hey, Hayden was badass.

the story, and lore was cryptic. BUT THERE. More there then it is in Warframe. If you paid attention to little things like the submarine having US markings, or the slide show that shows how to kill the infected, or just looking around, and learning stuff in the game. Heck you can get the Dark Sector Zero Comic book and delve into the history DEEPER.

193993_Dark_Sector_Zero.jpg

SECTOR000_Page_2.jpg

SECTOR000_Page_3.jpg

237253-48525.jpg

SECTOR000_Page_5.jpg

SECTOR000_Page_6.jpg

Edited by Arlayn

I just beat Dark Sector for the first time last week.  I was attempting to try and figure out how the game connects with Warframe

As far as TPS goes Dark Sector was very linear and generally kinda meh.  It has some good ideas like being able to use elemental hazards to charge your Glave with the same type of elemental damage and generally making you think to progress.  It also doesn't mess around.  Charge forward blindly, guns blazing?  You'll die.  The glaive is the game's saving grace tbh, and being able to control it's flight in slowmo is awesome.  If the game didn't have the glaive it would be completely unremarkable.  It's $10 on Steam.  It's worth playing if you want to take a look at where warframe has it's roots at.

I adore it, the gameplay is awesome and the AI are really smart, especially the invisible hounds.

The boss fights are different from your average bullet sponges, each require a tactic and it may take you a long time to figure it out, but then again it is much more satisfying when you succeed then. The game is hard overall, so you need to be clever and choose your guns and mods you install in them carefully until, create a weapon that you feel like you can master and your foes shall fall, infested and military alike.

The lore is there if you pay attention, personally I prefer it when everything aint black and white, easy to perceive and understand, when things are grey and blurred they become all the more interesting.

That's my little review! I hope you enjoy Dark Sector as much as I do!

I adore it, the gameplay is awesome and the AI are really smart, especially the invisible hounds.

I don't care how, or what they will be in Warframe, BUT I WANT THOSE INVIS HOUNDS!!!

Edited by Arlayn

I've played Dark Sector on console, but never on PC. What are the controls like, may I ask? I'm fairly curious what it's like on PC.

I didn't try it with Keyboard and Mouse.  I was using my trusty xbox 360 controller and that worked quite well.

I saw bits and pieces of it and checked out the wiki but haven't actually played it. Strongly considering sitting through a playthrough for the story though. Looks a bit like your standard cover-shooter save for the Glaive, but there's some pretty cool stuff in there from what I've seen: the original Jackal is actually kinda badass, and I wouldn't mind seeing a few of those original infested units joining the ranks of the new infestation (Imagine having to fight Chromas while stilling dealing with lighter infested).

I saw bits and pieces of it and checked out the wiki but haven't actually played it. Strongly considering sitting through a playthrough for the story though. Looks a bit like your standard cover-shooter save for the Glaive, but there's some pretty cool stuff in there from what I've seen: the original Jackal is actually kinda badass, and I wouldn't mind seeing a few of those original infested units joining the ranks of the new infestation (Imagine having to fight Chromas while stilling dealing with lighter infested).

"chromas"

Are those those cloaking things with ranged attacks?

you can drive the jackal around like a tank, and you can shoot the cannon, or use a chaff that redirects missiles. There is even a wide open part where you have to take out gates, troops in watch towers, RPGs in the mountains, and walk across a wide open battlefield sort of location. Best Jackal Fight ever

edit: Jackal FTW

interesting to note it has the lotus symbol on it

1367551274901.png

Edited by Arlayn

Yes! That's what they were called! Those are bloody hardcore and awesome, I would also like the infested Stalker boss to be a boss in warframe aswell!

I remember begging DE along time ago for that boss... For those who have no idea what the Stalker is...

Test4.jpg

Basically it turns invisible, and can shoot spikes that one shot kill you. Was a fun strategic battle that required you to freeze it in place before beating it up some more.

I remember begging DE along time ago for that boss... For those who have no idea what the Stalker is...

Test4.jpg

Basically it turns invisible, and can shoot spikes that one shot kill you. Was a fun strategic battle that required you to freeze it in place before beating it up some more.

I can't lie...that looks freaking sick!

DE I want it. pls.