Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hey Digital Extremes, Your Physx Sucks. Thank You For Treating Pc Gamers Like Trash.

Zymphad76

DE, why is it your intention to screw over PC Gamers witha PC title by using PhysX? No one cares what Nvidia claims about PhysX 3.0, it's not optimized for PC. It's not properly threaded still. Your game sucks so much with PhysX that no once i have 4 people in co-op using all their skills, framerate crawls. Doesn't matter how low my settings or how much I overclock. Not surprising considering my GPU utilization is at 50%. PhysX on CPU? Yeah, my CPU utilization doesn't increase either, no matter what setting, it's sitting at a measely 30%. Want to take a guess why? Yeah, your game is not demanding, yet I can't play it at decent framerate because you thought having blocks of crap flying out of the ground and enemies? They look stupid and make no sense at all. PhysX particle effects are absolutely garbage, doesn't matter if it's in Borderlands 2 or Hawken. You thought it would be different on WarFrame? Got news for you, it still looks $&*&*#(%& on your game too. No actual physics going on, seeing damage to walls or grounds, yet a geyser of colors sand flies out? You thought that looked good?

Seriously what is wrong with you? You think it's OK to use a physics engine that is only optimized for Nvidia hardware and screws over Intel and AMD? You think it's ok to promote that type of proprietary tech in a PC environment?

You seriously think people will say, hey, I spent $500 on an AMD GPU but WarFrame has PhysX making my GPU sit there and do nothing because PhysX is such garbage? Oh wait, let me go run out now so I can play a game that is nowhere close to being demanding at framerate higher than Crysis 3 on a 4 year old GPU, and buy an Nvidia? Is DE a Nvidia sales rep now? Or did you just join Nvidia's payroll as part of their PhysX marketing team?

And you want me to give you more money for a PC game that alienates all PC users who didn't buy Nvidia? Seriously?!?!? I regret every single penny I paid on this game. I thought paying a bit and another $15 to help support your game would be nice for a PC title. PhysX makes me regret every single penny. And I will not recommend your game to anyone else.

With nearly 50% of gamers using AMD and ALL THREE console platforms using AMD and two of them using x86 AMD CPU, you really thought promoting proprietary hardware was a good idea? Pathetic. Gaming in general is not an Nvidia world.

Edited by Zymphad76

You're seriously getting mad at Warframe for using a program that they use to make the game? That's just sad man :l

I mean really, you played the game and liked it... paid a little of your money to support it... and now you're regretting it because you just found out what program they use. You know how stupid that is? There are many better reasons why but they have yet to arise. Just another random Rant about what program a game uses.

Edited by Yanga

I love the PhysX effects in Warframe. Corpse decay, capture stream, Rhino Stomp, you name it, it looks great.

And you think it's only PhysX that can do that? You've missed completely my point. But good to know because you own Nvidia, it's all fine and dandy, the rest of PC environment can suck it? How nice.

You're seriously getting mad at Warframe for using a program that they use to make the game?

Yup I am. And it's truly unfortunate and sad that this game uses PhysX. I know too many gamers who won't touch this game because of the PhysX. And I'm not, and they are not going to switch over to Nvidia. Sorry not going to happen any time soon.

This is supposed to be a PC title, I didn't realize that according to DE, PC meant Nvidia only. They decided to make a PC title and they couldn't be bothered to make their own physics engine? They already built their own prioprietary engine... If they gave a crap about using GPGPU for physics, why wouldn't they consider Bullet Physics? I don't understand it, and I truly do believe it's a slap to the face of PC Gaming.

I think it's sad you don't care about promoting openness on a platform that is great because you do have a variety of choices in hardware and configurations.

Edited by Zymphad76

If you don't like how the physx effects work, you can choose to turn them off in the menu. I understand that this wasn't the main focus of your post, but I thought I'd mention it since it didn't look like you had tried it out.

PhysX is a plus point, not a big point on the game to be thread worthy. I have it and I can run it smoothly. Don't like the extra sparkles, don't turn it on.

Again, you obviously haven't a clue about PhysX then. Try looking it up before posting. PhysX is ALWAYS ON. The only thing that option does is turn off the lameass looking spray of particles that magically appear in a geyser waterfall somewhere. PhysX is more than particles, in fact PhysX was first developed to run rigid and simple physics on GPU. That's what it is actually best at, which laughably, today's modern CPU can do it better and compex physics.

No point in this thread in continuing since none of you even have a clue of what I'm talking about.

This isn't about particles you morons. This is about promoting technology that is proprietary to one brand at detrimental performance loss for all those who don't have that particular hardware on a PC title. But obviously I think different than the rest of you. Very nice of all of you to think because you do, everyone else can suck it and it's ok.

@DE, want more of my money? Stop being a $&*^.

Edited by Zymphad76

The effects look alright from what I've seen. Not that I can use them with my mid range ATI. But realistically, DE is an independant studio funding this game mostly from their own pockets and could probably use all the support they can get. If partnering with Nvidia allows them to make the game better, then having a graphics option you might not like or can't use seems like a small price to pay.

It sounds like they wouldn't have been able to be at PAX East without Nvidia's support, for example.

Ohlookit'sthisthread.jpg

But seriously now, I've never owned anything but Nvidia cards, and as I've never had any complaints about price, performance or consistency, I cannot argue in favor of anything but Nvidia. For that matter, I cannot argue because I have no other points to compare to.

All i see is :

DE, why is it your intention to screw over PC Gamers witha PC title by using PhysX? No one cares what Nvidia claims about PhysX 3.0, it's not optimized for PC. It's not properly threaded still. Your game sucks so much with PhysX that no once i have 4 people in co-op using all their skills, framerate crawls. Doesn't matter how low my settings or how much I overclock. Not surprising considering my GPU utilization is at 50%. PhysX on CPU? Yeah, my CPU utilization doesn't increase either, no matter what setting, it's sitting at a measely 30%. Want to take a guess why? Yeah, your game is not demanding, yet I can't play it at decent framerate because you thought having blocks of crap flying out of the ground and enemies? They look stupid and make no sense at all. PhysX particle effects are absolutely garbage, doesn't matter if it's in Borderlands 2 or Hawken. You thought it would be different on WarFrame? Got news for you, it still looks $&*&*#(%& on your game too. No actual physics going on, seeing damage to walls or grounds, yet a geyser of colors sand flies out? You thought that looked good?

Seriously what is wrong with you? You think it's OK to use a physics engine that is only optimized for Nvidia hardware and screws over Intel and AMD? You think it's ok to promote that type of proprietary tech in a PC environment?

You seriously think people will say, hey, I spent $500 on an AMD GPU but WarFrame has PhysX making my GPU sit there and do nothing because PhysX is such garbage? Oh wait, let me go run out now so I can play a game that is nowhere close to being demanding at framerate higher than Crysis 3 on a 4 year old GPU, and buy an Nvidia? Is DE a Nvidia sales rep now? Or did you just join Nvidia's payroll as part of their PhysX marketing team?

And you want me to give you more money for a PC game that alienates all PC users who didn't buy Nvidia? Seriously?!?!? I regret every single penny I paid on this game. I thought paying a bit and another $15 to help support your game would be nice for a PC title. PhysX makes me regret every single penny. And I will not recommend your game to anyone else.

With nearly 50% of gamers using AMD and ALL THREE console platforms using AMD and two of them using x86 AMD CPU, you really thought promoting proprietary hardware was a good idea? Pathetic. Gaming in general is not an Nvidia world.

StopWhining.gif

This isn't about particles you morons.

Ok, safeties off.

Go away AMD fanboy - have you been on Crystal Dynamics' forums and fought for equality of TressFX and optimisation of Tomb Raider for all GPUs?? Because it runs like S#&$ on my nVidia GTX 660 card.

And somehow Warframe runned pretty smooth on my old Radeon...

Edited by SabreUr

Again, you obviously haven't a clue about PhysX then. Try looking it up before posting. PhysX is ALWAYS ON. The only thing that option does is turn off the lameass looking spray of particles that magically appear in a geyser waterfall somewhere. PhysX is more than particles, in fact PhysX was first developed to run rigid and simple physics on GPU. That's what it is actually best at, which laughably, today's modern CPU can do it better and compex physics.

No point in this thread in continuing since none of you even have a clue of what I'm talking about.

This isn't about particles you morons. This is about promoting technology that is proprietary to one brand at detrimental performance loss for all those who don't have that particular hardware on a PC title. But obviously I think different than the rest of you. Very nice of all of you to think because you do, everyone else can suck it and it's ok.

May I ask you why you are mad about this particular thing? I mean Nvidia pioneered PhysX you can't do anything with it. Also FXAA and TXAA (even though I have a GeForce 5XX I ain't mad even if I can't get it). Nvidia develops their own graphics technology so you can't do anything with it. Its not DE's fault if it makes the game better. I'm glad for what DE did.

Oh casually pardon me, I thought you didn't like the extra sparkly effect.

Well then, if you can actually make something as "grandiose" as PhysX, we can have this conversation later.

Ok, safeties off.

Go away AMD fanboy - have you been on Crystal Dynamics' forums and fought for equality of TressFX and optimisation of Tomb Raider for all GPUs?? Because it runs like S#&$ on my nVidia GTX 660 card.

And somehow Warframe runned pretty smooth on my old Radeon...

yeah tressFx suck also with my 680 hha.but love thye new tomb raider

Stupid thread, stupid replies. What a trainwreck.

Hey OP, if you wanna convince people of anything ever, you should:

1. Put a cork in your &#! to stop the bleeding

2. Have a nice cold shower

3. Stop insulting people and acting like the sky is falling

4. Stop trying to portray yourself as a victim of the ignorant masses who are oh so less intellectual

@DE, want more of my money?

Because at this point I'm pretty sure the answer is no.

On a few things I have to agree with the OP.

I'm a proud owner of a GTX 660 Ti card, so I don't have those AMD problems, yet sometimes I find those flashy sandstorms annoying. Also, when I enter bigger rooms, the FPS is tend to drop to around 15, and that's quite funky considering my GPU. (Have an i3 CPU, and 4 GB DDR3 Corsair RAM)