Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

aesthetic, do not lose the way of good taste

Iraempirica

well ... warframe is a very original game and stands out for its aesthetic, greatly.

so I'd like to see you keep that streak.

when placing an electricity MOD on swords, this generates a ray very generic way in MMOs just light and lightning in the sword.

that ruins mi sense of realism (maybe because i know how the lightning works, they connect 2 points never goes to air)

the think is... it doesn't look like electric sword. it seems like I could be electrocuting myself.

thats good for games with simples graphic like WoW but Warframe... in my opinion must be better than that

the same with Fire, the same with ice...

the Warframe Volt. its a good example of a well done effect. its look more realistic and interesting in my opinion (the opinion of a grafic designer) its not overload of rays

here are my suggestions:

rays may be displayed along the blade like little thunder, not in the hilt

fire may be a red hot blade, not in the hilt

Ice may be a blue and cold blade, not in the hilt

those little things make difference

Greetings I hope I have been helpful

Honestly, the elemental effects have been kind of a turn-off for me. They manifest prominently around the hilt, while the few pieces along the blade are scattered and few. I agree that they need to be fixed, and your ideas seem pretty solid. It's not a very big issue for me, but it does eat away at the back of my mind when I'm playing. I must say though, I am really impressed so far with the CBT. Keep up the good work Digital Extremes!

This has also been irking me, in fact last night I removed my electric mod for my skana, simply because I got sick of seeing illogical particle effects.

The ideas Iraepirica have outlined sound far prefferable, and I'd like to add that it would be great to see (hear?) a revision of the sound effects that go along with elemental mods, especially for the cold blade. Cooling metal hisses, pops, and cracks, it dosn't make ice noises T^T

• 4 weeks later...

something can look good without being aesthetically pleasing and vice versa.

so long as the quality of the work is there and it makes some sort of sense then it is alright with me.

but everything is relative something that makes sense in the mind or observed mind of the faction then it is good by me.

the level of visual finish is what im after so if it looks good and makes sense i want that.

For ice weapons, keep the frosty plumes that appear now an again and get rid of the bits and pieces of ice that are scattered haphazardly along the weapon. Add some hue and saturation effects. done.

For Heat modded weapons, make the blade glow red like red hot metal.

651-01687242w.jpg

for Electric blade, lightning should start and end on the blade as opposed to starting at the blade and ending in midair.

I think the reason there're more effects around the hilt is because the particles are mapped to the model or something, and there're way more polys in the hilt in than on the blade, which tends to be basically flat.

I guess one way to restrict this would be to make the blade and hilt separate.

But yes, some of the particle effects are weird.

For ice weapons, keep the frosty plumes that appear now an again and get rid of the bits and pieces of ice that are scattered haphazardly along the weapon. Add some hue and saturation effects. done.

for Electric blade, lightning should start and end on the blade as opposed to starting at the blade and ending in midair.

All of this sounds golden. The current effects aren't bad, just a little too World of Warcraft if you know what I mean. Doesn't really mesh with the rest of the game's aesthetics.

Edited by Sealgaire

651-01687242w.jpg

electric and ice i agree. Tho fire is super bright and annoying now, it is still better than a red hot glowing sword effect.

So a heat sword with fire mods is going to look very similar to lets say a dark sword with fire mods. Its really hard to distinguish

In addition to the effects, I find the noises irritating.... actually come to think of it, I'm completely tired of elemental effects anyway. I can see a wizard controlling the four elements, but a far sci-fi space ninja?

Instead of ice, fire, electrical, acid, etc...

How about quantum wave effect, gamma ray field, sono-luminescent, and other technical sounding (but actually real, or realistic) effects and original graphics?