The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I The Only One Who Wants Weapon Demonstrations?

Deidaku

Like in soul Calibur 2

instead of getting the usual tenno reinforcements for melee weapons  video format ( a player killing stuff). We get to

see a tenno demonstrating his art in a dojo like in the video with lotus commentary :D

= Excal kneeling the Dojo

Lotus : this is Galatine

Excal starts slashing

Thoughts?

TO be really precise : it has nothing to do with a weapon training room . i'm just talking about the weapon showcase videos DE posts with reinforcements

=It's just to see how cool the weapon is 

Edited by Deidaku

Weapon and frame-videos in game would be a nice touch. The Codex, or market could hold these things. Buying something "blind" with only the stats isn't the best feeling if you're new. Also it's a nice way to promote new stuff and get them sold via plat.

Some weapons and frames already have videos, but they aren't in game, which to me is really odd.

Why are you posting a link to the wiki?

he obviously never played soul calibur and has no idea of what i'm talking about -_-

@Lactamid

Yeah why not? :D

it could help newbies choose their style easier and not only rely on stats

Edited by Deidaku

he obviously never played soul calibur and has no idea of what i'm talking about -_-

@Lactamid

Yeah why not? :D

it could help newbies choose their style easier and not only rely on stats

I love soulcalibur and i love warframe and i don't see what the hell would anyone have to do with the other. What we need is a dojo room where we can test weapons both owned and not owned with the obvious difference that if we own the weapon we can test mod configurations aswell, we do not need some lame tacky (no pun intended) lotus presentation, we need a practical way of testing weapons ourselves.

Edited by Orbister

I love soulcalibur and i love warframe and i don't see what the hell would anyone have to do with the other. What we need is a dojo room where we can test weapons both owned and not owned with the obvious difference that if we own the weapon we can test mod configurations aswell, we do not need some lame tacky (no pun intended) lotus presentation, we need a practical way of testing weapons ourselves.

Dammit I need to be more specific

What you're talking about is the weapon rage  everyone wans that but it has nothing to do with my Op

I'm talking about the tenno reinforcementd videos for melee weapons specifically

The problem with the idea is that with the amount of weapons there are and how often new ones release, there would be a LOT of extra animation work to be done that wouldn't be seen more than once by typical players only interested in buying or building the weapons. It's much more simple to showcase how the weapon functions and performs, and a lot lighter on work.

That's just me being realistic though. If they introduced weapon demonstrations, I admit I'd be very pleased.

Edited by Colban

And I don't see what the hell testing weapons has to do with this.

You guys don't get it XD

I'll edit the OP

What I mean is that every time a new melee weapon comes out the video showcasing it should be a martial arts demo  like in the video + Lotus commentary 

it has nothing to do with the a special dojo room. ot could be done in any room

be constructive -_-

Why not

Because you suggested something that isn't exactly what Warframe is right this second.

Just gotta ignore these people.

I think it would be an awesome to have this!  Just so long as it doesn't take them a whole lot of time to do.  There are way more important things to be done first.

Because you suggested something that isn't exactly what Warframe is right this second.

Just gotta ignore these people.

I think it would be an awesome to have this!  Just so long as it doesn't take them a whole lot of time to do.  There are way more important things to be done first.

Indeed. the thought popped up for 1 reason

I asked Draice if they used motion capture for melee 2.0

And they did . They've hired a martial artist for  a lot of the combos

And what do martial artists  do ? Weapon and style demonstrations .

So it would make a lot of sense that a tenno would demonstrate his art before bestowing the weapon to the rest of the community.

Like in soul Calibur 2

instead of getting the usual tenno reinforcements for melee weapons  video format ( a player killing stuff). We get to

see a tenno demonstrating his art in a dojo like in the video with lotus commentary :D

= Excal kneeling the Dojo

Lotus : this is Galatine

Excal starts slashing

Thoughts?

TO be really precise : it has nothing to do with a weapon training room . i'm just talking about the weapon showcase videos DE posts with reinforcements

=It's just to see how cool the weapon is 

No, you are not alone.. Me too..

Test weapon before use or build it, right?

Great idea.. I'm always hope this will become true..

But, I think it will become more awesome if we test the weapon with ourselves and not just watching the video or demo. So, we can know how to handle it.

Edited by ZackNeutron