Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just A Few Questions. Do You Think Rank 30 Is A Good Level Cap?

Xelorx

For warframes, weapons, and sentinels I mean.

The questions do feel generic, but I'm just wanting to see how others think.

Also, do you like that DE made a forma system to allow polarization of your equipment, over simply raising the rank cap? Or do you feel it could've been done differently?

And lastly, do you like the "Focus" system they talked about, so far? Obviously it's not done, but it seems to encourage use of rank 30 weapons to utilize affinity over always using new weapons just to raise your mastery.

Rank 30 just means there's gonna be another 500 weapons. Unless they actually change the ranks or like you said allow forma or the focus system to count.

I'm not talking about the mastery rank in your profile. Just for gear (warframes, weapons) in your arsenal.

I feel that 30 is a good rank; if you want to fill all the slots on your equipment, a potato and a few formas is enough to completely max out your equipment, which is what DE probably wants. you should need to use those kinds of items in order to achieve the maximum potential of a piece of equipment.

The forma system as it stands is also not bad; I can't make any suggestions to changes, because I feel it reaches a good balance between work invested and performance returned.

As for focus, I can't comment much until it is actually released, but as a MR14, I'm looking forward to playing around with the different lenses. It's not so much about encouraging the use of maxed items, but more about solving the exp black hole that comes from passively leveling equipment; I do remember seeing that the devs may be changing how exp is split between weapons, but we'll see.

I think the formaing system could be improved. For people who don't buy experience boosters releveling a weapon to 30 is a giant pain and it doesn't advance mastery.

Re-leveling is a pain because you start with nothing. However, you do feel the polarities give more flexibility in mod points though each time you do it, once the Warframe or weapon reaches that effective-enough rank.

Sometimes I feel like it should be higher and that mastery points should still accumulate when forma'd, but instead of giving the full amount when it's forma'd maybe half instead.

Of course this would lead to having some stronger mods implemented as well, to balance out the fact that you wouldn't need to forma a weapon with say a level 40-50-60 cap.

Waiting for U13? I know that I'd stay up just to try the melee system out before going to bed.

Kinda I figured there would be a small chance of it getting released soon in euroland because of the messages on the forums etc.

Welp guess it's gonna be another 4am update..

For warframes, weapons, and sentinels I mean.

The questions do feel generic, but I'm just wanting to see how others think.

Also, do you like that DE made a forma system to allow polarization of your equipment, over simply raising the rank cap? Or do you feel it could've been done differently?

And lastly, do you like the "Focus" system they talked about, so far? Obviously it's not done, but it seems to encourage use of rank 30 weapons to utilize affinity over always using new weapons just to raise your mastery.

I think the Focus system is both weird and a good idea,

The concept of an MMO that comes closest to warframe, what grasps people attention is one of the following:

Item hogging / economy / market (E.G TF2 etc.)

Endgame / grind / PvP (E.G world of warcraft etc.)

Random generated S#&$ / stat hogging / Theorycrafting (E.G Diablo 1/2/3 etc.)

What DE seems to be going for in warframe is Gameplay / Lore / Content... probably the hardest path a company can go.

/So far/ They seem to be doing a pretty good job at it.

You can definitively feel the game being kept alive by the updates right now, Since as it stands, the game wouldn't survive 2+ months for the 'current endgame' players, if they suddenly stopped releasing new things to do / to get.

They're currently lacking in gameplay and lore, Gameplay is being worked on as we speak, Melee update is a very good example of it, I however do feel it will be a little underwhelming, the update itself however opens grounds for future things, it is very 'expandable' if you get what i mean.

An interesting idea is that they're trying to focus a lot on endgame after this, The whole 'focus' system is endgame, The solar rail system is Endgame / pvp, So there's definitevly some strong influences of other game's "good stuff" that they're trying to blend in.

Personally? a bad idea.

I think RNG on items, stat based improvements, a form of alchemy / improvement / enhancement is a very good idea for future improvements Since it allows for so many possible outcomes for the player.

You're ALWAYS lobby based, Nothing 'matters' in terms for performance, You're not gonna go out there in a giant open world with hundreds of players looking at you NOR do we have PVP, and is never going to be very big.

Thus Unfair stats are not a problem, Nor are the 'looks' of your character. Everyone wants to personalize, but i think a better way to do that is to give the player COMPLETE control over their tenno, What they want it to be, Dark, Mysterious, Powerful beyond measure, Close-ranged ninja that hides in the shades? A god walking amongst men? YOU DECIDE.

Create a system that allows Very custom gameplay, No 'meta', just full on fun builds and things, Every mod is so 'focused' right now because it allows for only ONE option, Damage, Nothing more, Status is a joke, it doesn't kill them, it doesn't do anything other than 'not give you more damage'.

you NEED RNG to have custom builds, because you may be lucky and get lots of special jumping S#&$, making something else viable, or you get so much flame mod % chance that you completely CATCH FIRE, i don't know. But they should definitevly look into RNG customization more.

Sure 'chance' to find good 'chanced' items sucks balls, But it allows for trading, it allows for community driven things, Players giving rewards in terms of special items they found that doesn't fit their playstyle? good S#&$. because it will benefit someone else.

If they changed the cap now, which i'm not supporting because i'm comfortable with it being level 30, they would have to re-work the costs of mods and such. The whole system is built pretty well and i'm so used to it i didn't even think to ask the question, "What if the level cap was 40 instead of 30?" It would allow us ALOT more freedom in those 10 (possibly 20) more capacity slots, but like i said it would require a re-work of some of the costs. 

Perhaps if the cap was raised to 40 (i'm humoring the idea at this point) we might be in need of another slot, especially for warframes, as currently if you forma a warframe say, twice?, usually combining the cost reduction of the slots you added with the aura slots AND the base polarity's you run out of area to put mods before you run out of capacity. If you feel me. 

TL:DR. 30 is a good cap, the system is worked around it. I'm comfortable with it being the way it is.