The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks For The Hard Work Today De!

Dedzo

Actually I feel dissapointed with DE for making us all wait without letting us know when we can actualy expect the update, It's almost midninght here and I've been waiting all day in hopes of being able to play today because after all it's Wednesday.

There was recently a post on the forum about a guy who boasted himself being the "nicest guy in Warframe" because he allowed a person join his Clan for the sole purpose of fabricating blueprints. At the time, I realized the the hypocrisy of someone referring to themselves with such a title. Honestly, someone who understands that content creators are people too and have things like "families" and "stress" shows me you are WAY nicer of a guy than he is. And all with out any boasting about your own worth of character. I wish more people were as understanding as you.

Actually I feel dissapointed with DE for making us all wait without letting us know when we can actualy expect the update, It's almost midninght here and I've been waiting all day in hopes of being able to play today because after all it's Wednesday.

You're alone at this. I don't feel dissapointed, they never say in what time patch will come, sometimes it's early, but the other one can be latter. They have still time with deploying it. Before making such statements check their daytime ...

Keep also this in mind, that U13 is a big, mofo, moma. Chill out and wait, or just go to sleep and you can play in the morning or after school/work.

Edited by Anzark

you do realize that it is only 6:00PM for them right? Just because you are six hours ahead and your day is ending doesn't mean they will have it out for you by your midnight.When they are getting up in the morning, it is already likely about 1:00PM to 3:00PM. They wouldn't normally even be at work till 3:00PM your time if they start at 9:00AM. Be patient with them, they still have six more hours in this day before its tomorrow.

There was recently a post on the forum about a guy who boasted himself being the "nicest guy in Warframe" because he allowed a person join his Clan for the sole purpose of fabricating blueprints. At the time, I realized the the hypocrisy of someone referring to themselves with such a title. Honestly, someone who understands that content creators are people too and have things like "families" and "stress" shows me you are WAY nicer of a guy than he is. And all with out any boasting about your own worth of character. I wish more people were as understanding as you.

I have a family and friends and pets, if i mess up at work i get scolded, i think that applies to everyone, when i have to set a deadline i set a realistic one to not mess up.

Except you're not in the EST timezone, so your post is irrelevant.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Edited by K3R0Z1N

LOL, you gave me a great laugh! He said take you're time DE because I have other stuff to do while i wait, so it makes no real difference to me. And you pipe smoke up the skirt for it, this white knight stuff is over the top.

Last time they had a major content patch, they where up until midnight at DE HQ making sure all was well.

Rebecca looked sooooo miserable with everyone else there. Many mugs of coffee where consumed, its likely going to be the same case. The more work they can do now, the less hotfixes we need to worry about.

Edited by ensignvidiot

I am the nicest guy in Warframe.I feed my dog everyday.

I keep feeling people don't realize that DE can't account for other people's timezones. It will be released at roughly midnight their time. I understand that it's frustrating, but keep in mind they're trying their hardest to get it out today.

Honestly, I wish I could like, buy them all a coffee or something. They've been working really hard.

Keep cranking it out!

I'm sure the update will be fantastic when it comes out. Take your time today, for I have about 40 more exams to grade.....need more coffee.

You have exams to grade?......I just took an exam today... professor? o_O

Many companies are hesitant to share the progress of development nowadays. When delays happen, people become outraged.

On the flip side, if they don't put a date or constantly talk about the progress, people cry for more information or think that nothing is being done, which causes its own outrage.

Things like this are kind of a lose-lose situation that can't be resolved until the product finally gets shipped, which will have its own issues.

What I'm trying to say is not that it's okay to take 30 years to develop something menial, but that people in general need to chill about the speed of stuff. DE could have very well stayed silent about the progress on melee 2.0 like some people said they should have and the only thing that would have happened would be that you'd have tons of people *@##$ing about how DE is not doing anything or that they're being too slow.

While I question DE's capability to properly balance and design things on a regular basis, I'm pretty happy with the speed they do things at.

Edited by omgwtflolbbl

Thanks for the compliments man! Idk about that. I just feel like people in general are way to critical of this game and its devs so I like throwing them some support when I can. There seems to be a great degree of entitlement in much of this community, which I suppose is a good thing because people want to play and the devs are very responsive to feedback. But the frequency with which DE is pumping out new content is incredible and as far as other games go I havent put as much time into a single game (other than WOW which had a 15$/month fee and a much larger budget and team to begin with). Warframe is unique, has a fantastic team working on it and I'm very excited to see how the game evolves over the next year as it has grown so vastly in the past one. I remember back when we had one tileset to play on and I still loved game, haha anyway long rant but I just love this game.

You have exams to grade?......I just took an exam today... professor? o_O

Nah. Im just a lowly grade student grading the free response questions of a exam because to be honest they suck to grade and its very time consuming but such is grad school. Glad you got past your exam! They can be awful haha

Nah. Im just a lowly grade student grading the free response questions of a exam because to be honest they suck to grade and its very time consuming but such is grad school. Glad you got past your exam! They can be awful haha

Oh thank god. I was thinking how awkward it would be the next day if you really were my professor. xD

I have a family and friends and pets, if i mess up at work i get scolded, i think that applies to everyone, when i have to set a deadline i set a realistic one to not mess up.

I agree.  I don't think we should criticize DE for delaying an update too much, but we should also not just let it slide completely. If people are angry because they delay something, that's good, it encourages them to do better. If people are furious because of it, it discourages them from doing anything ambitious with their game.

They're people whom's jobs rely on providing us with an experience where we're compelled to pay money towards something so they can get paid and keep the servers running.

While another delay won't exactly spell out the end of Warframe, the last thing on anyone's minds will be "oh those poor souls are people whom have families too!"   I never sign up to a game thinking about the developers earning their keep.  I sincerely doubt anyone here did.  That's DE's concern, not ours.  Coincidentally, I don't do my job and provide services to my customers, I certainly won't be seeing their money, and excuses for being constantly late stop having any meaning far sooner rather than later.  People want results - not excuses.  Even your significant other judged you based on what you had to offer (there would be a severe lack of lonely people otherwise) and I'm not talking materialistic offerings here.  If there's a constant snag, it gets cut from the rest of the body like a cancerous tumor.  In development terms, unless it's critical to the update (in this case, melee 2.0,) what ever the hell is holding them up should be removed until they can get it working properly.

I can forgive them for taking until the twilight hours to get it out today or even tomorrow (arguable based on time zones) but another week's delay?  I don't think they'll risk another delay personally, but DE has shown a willing ignorance of many current standing issues with their game, many of which could be handled with a few number tweaks on a spreadsheet.

Edited by Littleman88

They're people whom's jobs rely on providing us with an experience where we're compelled to pay money towards something so they can get paid and keep the servers running.

While another delay won't exactly spell out the end of Warframe, the last thing on anyone's minds will be "oh those poor souls are people whom have families too!"   I never sign up to a game thinking about the developers earning their keep.  I sincerely doubt anyone here did.  That's DE's concern, not ours.  Coincidentally, I don't do my job and provide services to my customers, I certainly won't be seeing their money, and excuses for being constantly late stop having any meaning far sooner rather than later.  People want results - not excuses.  Even your significant other judged you based on what you had to offer (there would be a severe lack of lonely people otherwise) and I'm not talking materialistic offerings here.  If there's a constant snag, it gets cut from the rest of the body like a cancerous tumor.  In development terms, unless it's critical to the update (in this case, melee 2.0,) what ever the hell is holding them up should be removed until they can get it working properly.

I can forgive them for taking until the twilight hours to get it out today or even tomorrow (arguable based on time zones) but another week's delay?

Well, I wonder what caused last week's delay as well but they didn't say a word on that.