The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Is Update 13 Bringing Game Wide Performance Fixes Or Just Void?

MetalGriff

I have had enough of this game and its massive fps drops and issues. I have a system that should be running this game at 100FPS+ at all times, yet I can never manage to prevent it from going bellow 50 frames.

I have heard that the patch coming out tonight is bringing alot of performance tweaks and fixes but is it game wide fixes or purely just void? 

Because the issues people are having in the void I have game wide.

This is possibly one of my favourite games that I love playing, but when you have a GTX 670 OC with an i5 3450 OC'd to 1.5ghz and 8gb of 1600mhz ddr3 ram ,you would expect more than just subpar performance.

I have updated to the newest beta drivers: 337.50 and have seen little improvement, some maps are amazing some maps are awful (ALAD V).

I have no idea why I double posted, I posted the forum topic and then there were 2 of them. :\

And other people with this driver have experienced massive performance gains with this driver.

And besides I have been having these issues long before this driver came out.

wow marginally below 50 fps, you do know the human eye can only observe 60fps right? any more then that is wasted. regardless some people are having issues beyond fps drops, look bro having an awesome rig dose not mean you comp is going to play every game amazingly, the game has to be optimized for your card and drivers or your going to have some issues,  definitely if your using "beta" drivers. put up with your first world issues or stop playing, but to me all this sounds like whining, by the way i am playing on a Toshiba satellite from 6 years ago, with a 2.5 quad core and an ATI Radion mobility HD 4650, with 6 gigs of ram, got the graphics set to max and running at a solid 70fps, so i assure you your high quality machine is not going to make the game smoother.

do you use raptr?

my build is very similar and i just got done talking with support for about a week, and it turned out to be the raptr app causing my fps drops. something to do with background processes.

i was running 100+ FPS and it dropped to 15-30 a few weeks ago. did everything that support said, nothing worked except uninstalling raptr application 

Edited by paul62626

wow marginally below 50 fps, you do know the human eye can only observe 60fps right? any more then that is wasted. regardless some people are having issues beyond fps drops, look bro having an awesome rig dose not mean you comp is going to play every game amazingly, the game has to be optimized for your card and drivers or your going to have some issues,  definitely if your using "beta" drivers. put up with your first world issues or stop playing, but to me all this sounds like whining, by the way i am playing on a Toshiba satellite from 6 years ago, with a 2.5 quad core and an ATI Radion mobility HD 4650, with 6 gigs of ram, got the graphics set to max and running at a solid 70fps, so i assure you your high quality machine is not going to make the game smoother.

I dont see how this is whining, and I could care less if people are getting lower fps on very low end machines as that will be apparent due to the fact I dont know, the computer is old, outdated and obviously is not meant as a gaming rig.

When you spend a certain amount of money, lets say... alot of money on a machine, you expect it to perform at levels that it was designed to. And I get it, some games wont perform amazng all the time, I get that.

BUT, when a game that is causing so many players issues in terms of fps and overall performance, thats a definitely a sign that there is something wrong on their end.

This isnt whining, this is a genuine question that I am asking about the game and the future of its optimizations, so please stop spreading the whole "deal with it" mentality in a game thats in beta, which btw the sole purpose of a beta is to find BUGS and PERFORMANCE ISSUES and bring it to the attention of fellow players and devs. Thats how a BETA works.

Also, I neglected to mention that I keep Warframe in VSYNC which locks it at 60 frames, however I experience even MORE issues as a result and it drops to 30-40 fps in some instances. Turning off vsync reduces this but it still drops marginally the same amount from 120 to 45-50. 

Also I had these issues in the WHQL drivers as well.

Edited by MetalGriff

do you use raptr?

my build is very similar and i just got done talking with support for about a week, and it turned out to be the raptr app causing my fps drops. something to do with background processes.

i was running 100+ FPS and it dropped to 15-30 a few weeks ago. did everything that support said, nothing worked except uninstalling raptr application 

I have no idea what the raptr application is.

Does it come with a driver/program that the game installs? Never even heard of it before :s

cant see how you should get 100 fps on a game capped at 60

I turn Vsync off for benchmarking purposes, leaving Vsync on reduces GPU usage and Power Usage in most cases, so to get a better understanding of how my rig is performing i turn of the setting that essentially caps the performance off at 60 frames.

As well, if it IS my rig, I would like to know how to fix it so that I dont experience this issue, I am not whining for the sake of whining, I am posting genuine concerns and raising genuine questions about how to fix this issue and whether or not it is fixable in the first place.

wow marginally below 50 fps, you do know the human eye can only observe 60fps right?

Wrong, the human eye can see differences above 200 fps, image latency built into cheaper monitors creates the "illusion" that things are smooth. Try running a game at 60 fps on a decent 120 hz monitor (without running in fall back mode) and you will notice, along with the headache caused by eye strain. The notion that 60 fps is as much as the eye can detect is nonsense.

Edited by HexCaliber

Raptr is a game overlay/chat program made my the original creators of Xfire, before it was brought out an the original development team was fired.  Programs that run overlays have to create a global hook that pokes the memory of all running processes to see if its video rendering application and then injects into the memory space of said applications so it can draw over it.  Some of these overlays will even alter the presentation of frames to make their software work.

If your having instability, crashes, performance issues, try disabling overlays or applications that poke other programs memory spaces, like remote control applications (rdp, vnc, teamviewer, some security software, even printer software, etc.)