The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Stance Mod Drop Rate Is Too Low

Deidaku

In some cases the drop rate is so low it's even nonexistant. Check the codex for Tranquil Cleave for example:

CMkYv3C.jpg

I wish I was making this up.

THis is outrageous.

they'd better do somethign about this next hotfix .....

@goatwithbenefits

That generally means it'll either be transmute or void containers only.

Have you ever found "Shotgun Spazz"?

That has similar drop requirements as that seems to have.

And I have yet to find one after many, many hours of grinding the void.

And "Shotgun Spazz" is only uncommon...that is probably rare.

@goatwithbenefits

That generally means it'll either be transmute or void containers only.

Have you ever found "Shotgun Spazz"?

That has similar drop requirements as that seems to have.

And I have yet to find one after many, many hours of grinding the void.

And "Shotgun Spazz" is only uncommon...that is probably rare.

Hm, good point there, I've just checked and you're right. Still, it's pretty silly. And yeah, Tranquil Cleave seems to be rare, judging from the gold-tinted title.

@goatwithbenefits

That means it will be near impossible to find...so good luck trying to ever enjoy that stance mod without paying through the nose for it.

Yeah no. I'm not going to waste platinum for mod packs even if it means just not facing that bit of new content at all.

Then again, I'm not too keen on grinding for any of the new content, just jaded of this procedure of artificially lengthening the game.

@goatwithbenefits

Same here, and I wasn't advocating buying it or anything. I just dont really see any other way of ever getting that mod meaning that I will probably never get it either.

I posted a thread on an alternate way to unlock the stances so you might want to check that out and give me feedback.

@goatwithbenefits

Same here, and I wasn't advocating buying it or anything. I just dont really see any other way of ever getting that mod meaning that I will probably never get it either.

I posted a thread on an alternate way to unlock the stances so you might want to check that out and give me feedback.

I see where you're coming from, sorry if I seemed like I was implying you were advocating that. Though I doubt even with mod packs you would have a good enough chance to get what you want.

@goatwithbenefits

I was more referring to having to pay tons and tons of plat to players for the stance mods.

This is pretty much contagious spread on a whole new level. And that mod sells for quite a lot last I knew. And now we have what, 20 more thats in the same situation if not worse?

@goatwithbenefits

I was more referring to having to pay tons and tons of plat to players for the stance mods.

This is pretty much contagious spread on a whole new level. And that mod sells for quite a lot last I knew. And now we have what, 20 more thats in the same situation if not worse?

Oh right, I forgot trading was a thing in the game. I remember now though they surely will dominate the market like void items right now seem to do. 'Great' stuff.

Well... as another thread pointed out, transmutation has better chances... and i gotta admit its true, got one on second try and another on 5th, some whip, and a rare glaive one, so yeah if you guys got spare mods and credits, get on transmutating

While I admit it is a bit cumbersome, I am not entirely against the stance mod system, especially if it functions like 'Frame auras.  Where I do have a problem is, again, drop rate.  If this is a means of rewarding high-level or persistent players, I suppose I can see the devs' point of view, but the level of alienation to new players, especially those eager to try the melee system, is immense.  A few ways I can think of to solve this problem are:

A) Increase stance mod drop rate

or

B) If we want to keep the existing system, add "default" stances to all melee weapons, available when they are crafted or bought.  This would not be a mod, but a series of basic combos integral to the weapon itself.  This combo set could then be enhanced or taylored to playstyle through the stance mods.

Personally, I am in favor of the second solution, since it give players the chance to experience the excitement of the new melee system immediately with new weapons as well as old favorites, while still giving them something to look forward to.

DE, we really do appreciate all the work you put into this game; please consider our suggestions a way to make it even better.

Regards,

Temperance000

52 Ruk Runs and no mod for my reaper...DE really how about you farm for that mod see if it drops...really count how many times it takes you to grind this out...see if its reasonable. It shouldn't take a whole day for a measly rare mod to make my weapon effective lmao.

RNG 2.0...

Edited by BloodArmoredApostle

This update was supposed to make meleeing more viable, instead, it just made it even harder to do, seeing as how it crushed weapons like the galatine (hard but slow attacks), forcing us to farm all day. Would be nice if they at least raised the chances of some of the harder ones to drop.

I know it's RNG but i've ran about 15 missions  (including 2  20 min surivals on Saturn  )since the beginning and I haven't dropped a single one .

+Weren't we supposed to get a mandatory stance mod with a weapon we craft?

i you want a scythe mod, you should try Kappa.

i got like four of the same mod in one match...

It's not just the stance mods.  The mod drop tables are universally totally absolutely completely etc. broken trashed mashed destroyed borked so on and so forth.  Which in turn breaks the entire game because it's an action game and mods control the actions you can make, not just scaling along with the level system. 

funny part is doign Survival 40-50 min games and some 10-20 mins about 4-5 a day tbh the drop rate has to be Below 1% hell id even say there .1% for some of the rare mods

How do they expect to get good stance feedbck if very few people have them -_-

Gleaming Talon, Tranquil Cleave and Bleeding Willow. I'm about to give up on it. Hours upon hours of grinding, I'm getting seriously burnt out. Don't talk to me about Transmutation either.. I've run out of credits multiple times doing it. Haven't gotten a single stance or even a meaningful rare.

Edited by Malevento

p8NsMvA.jpg

11/27 so far. And a ton of duplicates.

There are 2 stances that are the easiest to get. Both even easier if you use Sir Desecration.

2014-04-11_0001011.jpg

Infested Defense, Survival or Mobile Defense(this is more of an alert/invasion thing). This one drops from the chargers, the most common infested there is.

250px-ReapingSpiral.png

Anything Corpus as this drops from the basic Crewmen. Preferably Survival, or Mobile Defense(Defense doesn't seem to be as good on the spawns, imo).

Now I'm not going to argue that some stances are painful to get. (Single Dagger Mods. Y U NO DROP!?!?)

But, saying that all stances are hard to get, is an overstatement.