Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

@de Steve: Rare Fusion Cores Still Aren't Worth Using.

xenapan

I asked you on the livestream and you said this was fixed but I checked again today (because I'm paranoid) and apparently the issue still exists.

My experiment to prove this is pretty simple: Choose 1 class of core to fuse with and fuse all of the ones I have as they come up in my mod page avoiding going over too much on the last level. Here are my results:

Commons: Ran out after 3 levels worth. but 25k

commonsonly.jpg

Uncommons: Finished. 26 cores, 64400 credits.

uncommonsonly.jpg

Rares:Finished. 17 cores, 86400 credits.

raresonly.jpg

So still 22000 credits more to use rares over uncommons.

Can you please please PLEASE take another look at the gains on rare cores? They are still costing way too much compared to uncommons and commons to max out a single mod.

Actually not alot. If you look at the numbers on the top right: theres 83 cores. I know at least a couple people that came into update 7 with at LEAST 800+ cores because they just had THAT many mods.

Yeah, rare cores cost 4x as much to fuse and give only 3x as much fusion energy. Higher level cores are also less cost effective, as a rank 10 core gives 6 times as much fusion energy for 11x the cost, but it isn't nearly as bad as it was before update 7.4 when they gave just under 2 times as much.

now thats alot of fusion cores.

you deserver some tacos as a reward

I had 167 when i came out of U6. still have some 50 or so. It's a pain in the &#! to sort stuff and find the mods you want.

PS: There's a suggestion. Make a different tab for mods and fusion cores please?

Edited by Renan.Ruivo

I can farm credits quickly enough with my Volt that the slight cost increase from Rare cores was never a problem, so I used all mine, but I can see how others who can't do it as quickly as I can might be frustrated [i can get ~100k in about an hour, no credit boosters].

You are not supposed to rank up your cards in one go.

I dont see how this is such a difficult concept.

Do you magically hit 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 from doing just 5 mission with your Warframe? No you didnt, did you.

So why does the leveling the mod all of a sudden become some sort of abstract concept?

Play a mission, get you 3k, drop one core worth 3k in your card which makes it go up a bit.

Play another mission, get 2.5k, drop a core worth 2.5k, play another mission.... you get the point, right?

Eventually you will rank it up, it's not supposed to be done in just one go.

Leveling is gradual, it's not a one-hit-go.

There is no need anything to be fixed AT ALL.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

Mak you've spectacularly missed the point - the pricing in general is not the problem. It's the problem that Rare fusion cores are less cost-efficient than Uncommon ones, which just doesn't make sense.

Edited by Notso

Mak you've spectacularly missed the point - the pricing in general is not the problem. It's the problem that Rare fusion cores are less cost-efficient than Uncommon ones, which just doesn't make sense.

Actually, i might have not illustrated my point clearly enough.

The difference is 22k and nine less cores.

I'll say it's pretty balanced since you need less cores using rares.

But some folks are not worrying about the number of cores because, im guessing, they are the players who had a whole mess of old mods converted so they have plenty. I havent been paying attention about the drop rates for cores but for new players the number of cores available might be a difference. And that might not matter either because the other cards can be used.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

Yes, but rare cores drop less quickly. It is quicker to farm low level missions [where you can kill enemies faster, and get credits faster] to get Uncommon and Common cores than it is to farm high level missions, where the credit gain and core gain is slower.

Maybe I should have said time-efficient, but whatever the case, at the moment, in the current version, the most efficient way of fusing is with mod cards, not even fusion cores, and the most efficient fusion cores are Common and Uncommon ones.

Yes, but rare cores drop less quickly. It is quicker to farm low level missions [where you can kill enemies faster, and get credits faster] to get Uncommon and Common cores than it is to farm high level missions, where the credit gain and core gain is slower.

Maybe I should have said time-efficient, but whatever the case, at the moment, in the current version, the most efficient way of fusing is with mod cards, not even fusion cores, and the most efficient fusion cores are Common and Uncommon ones.

I know that Steve, i think, said that rares shouldn't drop in low level missions but my second mission in Merc with a brand new Saryn dropped a rare core. I even took a pic.

thatsarare.jpg

Again, i dont really pay attention to drop rates but the number of core available for fusion might come into play with this.