The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Galatine, R.i.p

Rockven

With that new melee 2.0 and all charge atacks removed i can see that the balance is on the side of fast melee weapons.
Is that even right? I play only heavy warframes and use heavy melee weapons. And now the whole point of heavy melee (such as scindo, or my favourite galatine) was LOST. Now most of the people are using Kogake or other fast weapons because combos are deadly if the're fast. May be there are stance mods that making heavy weapon do some real damage now? I've never saw it, but if there are some, please, let me know.
But for now,,.yeah, thank you,devs for breaking the whole charge system. =\

With that new melee 2.0 and all charge atacks removed i can see that the balance is on the side of fast melee weapons.

Is that even right? I play only heavy warframes and use heavy melee weapons. And now the whole point of heavy melee (such as scindo, or my favourite galatine) was LOST. Now most of the people are using Kogake or other fast weapons because combos are deadly if the're fast. May be there are stance mods that making heavy weapon do some real damage now? I've never saw it, but if there are some, please, let me know.

But for now,,.yeah, thank you,devs for breaking the whole charge system. =\

Wait wait wait.

The Galatine spent how many months as the top melee weapon?

Not exactly.

Galatine got it's channeling (Charge) damage nerfed, while Scindo, Fragor, Reaper Prime, Orthos Prime, and Jat Kitty all got their channeling (Charge) damage buffed.

Jat Kitty is now the king of Charge damage.

Pissed? Yes and no. I'll be using my favorite Scindo again, but Orthos Prime user's smug faces makes me want to puke.

Not just the Galatine, the Gram is completely bloody useless now. Low damage, slow as hell, it's got no redeeming qualities. 

I was kind of hoping balance would IMPROVE with this update, but taking the Galatine down from top-tier to absolute S#&$ isn't cool, and taking other heavy weapons along with it is even worse. 

Not exactly.

Galatine got it's channeling (Charge) damage nerfed, while Scindo, Fragor, Reaper Prime, Orthos Prime, and Jat Kitty all got their channeling (Charge) damage buffed.

&!$$ed? Yes and no. I'll be using my favorite Scindo again, but Orthos Prime user's smug faces makes me want to puke.

Too bad Fury has been nerfed. Found it a bit unusual to have my Scindo so slow. 

Still dealing 20k spin slashes on element-favored enemies because Galatine's attack speed is wat

I love how people were so ready to see Galatine get nerfed to the ground when it's still just as deadly as ever.

Wait wait wait.

The Galatine spent how many months as the top melee weapon?

I don't care how many months it spent as the top melee weapon. I didn't play during those months. Those months don't change anything about the present, which is what matters. And at present, they took a cool and useful weapon and made it completely useless, because they were too incompetent to listen to all the feedback. Because let's not pretend that "so what happens to charge weapons" wasn't what just about everyone thought when they revealed that charge was getting removed. This is what people thought and asked about, and they didn't bother taking it into account.

They could, to a degree, fix it by giving it a massive damage boost on channeled attacks, but that too is a very poor solution. It would make it useless unless used as a primary, where the old Galatine could be used as a completent to your guns. You could use your guns at long range, and when you got surrounded, you could use the Galatine's charge to do a slow but powerful attack to clear out the enemies crowding you. That isn't viable anymore, even with channeling, because switching to melee primary and back is slow and clumsy.

Then there's the issue with combos. Higher combos give higher damage multipliers. Heavy weapons are already way behind fast ones in DPS. Since they aren't suited to getting combos, they lag behind even more.

Tell me, why exactly should I use my now severely nerfed melee weapon to kill basic level 20 Grineer in three channeled hits when I can kill them in one body shot with my Aklex? And keep in mind, this is a Galatine with most of its relevant mods maxed, while the Aklex still has mods that still can be leveled up a few times. Melee 2.0 has been nothing but a massive melee nerf.

But hey, maybe this changes with stances! Well, maybe it does, but how would I know? Stances are rare drops from rare enemies and melee weapons didn't come with one by default, which was a blatant lie from ED. We should not be forced to grind to fix the melee combat you broke, devs.

Not exactly.

&!$$ed? Yes and no. I'll be using my favorite Scindo again, but Orthos Prime user's smug faces makes me want to puke.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/210240-fang-prime-spit-take/ Fang Prime says hello!!

I use to be an Orthos Prime user, but its not as good as it use to be... :/