Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Was This Really Necessary? (Capping Spawn Rates In Survival)

Zachles

Apparently it is no longer possible to do by your own.

You have to report your own post and ask for a delete

Hell- thanks for the info. Guess that's what I will do then.

The fun now starts at 10 minutes into a survival mission.

Needs to be changed back so fun starts at the start of a mission.

I mean right, right? We even have a fun melee now (well, fun for me :D) and survivals were just ingeniously superb to mass murder tons of enemies. Now that feeling is lost.

I dunno if it was because of the playstation4's limits or overabundant posts about survivals being laggy but I for one only notice fps drops when extreme amounts of post-process effects are present and rendered from relatively close. Enemy numbers rarely produced such results for me - though sure, I've met with hosts that most likely had problems since they started lagging when the action started...

Still I believe that with the current system/AI, spawning only a few enemies, the action becomes bothersome and plain boring. If the enemies were intelligent and think about their survival, it would change. Like they wouldn't simply stop in the middle of the corridor to shoot at you (at least crouch or whatnot, hold up your arm so your head is not hit that easily, jump into cover), and wouldn't just plain rush at you but when learning your location they could preemptively get into cover so when you get there, they are prepared and not slashed up in a milisecond.

If the only challenge that enemies can provide comes plainly from the amount of their health (and damage), then reducing their spawn rate will make their presence insignificant. Again, further raising their health is a no-no, high ranked enemies are boring to kill already.

( https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/200306-enemy-ai-is-actually-well-developed/ )

Edited by K_Shiro

i agree, this spawn cap is a very bad ideal. survival is/was my favorite game type. never had too much problems with lag, myself. but even if there's a little bit of lag, it doesn't brother me. so i can't speak to the performance issues in survival.  

this change, with doing survival solo is oh k. it doesn't really effect it too much. however, playing with other people now is a drag and as a person that plays mostly solo, but would prefer to play with other folks, it sucks. there's nothing to kill, so air drops are less, folks are always running around willy nilly, stopping enemies spawning at certain points. so not only is there nothing to kill by and large, there's even less things to kill cause now they got to spawn where else.

went into a game with my clan, they were all running around like chickens. lasted 10 mins. went into a game with randoms, five mins and we were pretty much out of air. went in by myself,  lasted 20 mins with enough air left on the map, i could have stayed longer if i wanted. but the thing is, i've been getting tired of playing a co-op game by myself. now i'm forced to play a co-op game by myself to even have fun. dose not sound right to me. was just in a survival on one of my favorite maps and i was thinking, i don't care if this map is pretty, this is boring, i don't even want to play anymore. 

If you kill them, it doesn't matter what the cap is, because there will never be enough to hit it.

Step 1: kill enemies quickly

Step 2: profit

Except that there is a significant delay between you killing the 10 enemies on screen, the game registering it, the game spawning more, and those enemies slowly trudging from their spawn points placed a few rooms away from you to join in on the action. Even if you never hit the cap, your kills per unit of time go way down because you spend most of the time running around trying to find new spawns.

When I play "survival mode", I kind of expect to be trying to survive an onslaught of enemies and a hostile environment, not trying to find as many enemies as possible to keep my counter going like some weird arcade battle racer.

Playing lot of Ceres survival in both nodes, Mercury, Venus, Earth survival - I didn't see the difference in term of spawning number. They poured through every nook and cranny of the map and swarmed my teams like crazy quite reliably during 15-20 minutes mark.

Sure, I guess I (and those I play with or talk to about stuff like this) just became a noob in one day, so much that most enemies refuse to spawn for me(us). Every. Damned. Time.

Should i do a Video for you?

Did not think a 1h run would ever be something worth capturing on Video...

Should i do a Video for you?

Did not think a 1h run would ever be something worth capturing on Video...

I'm not saying I don't believe you, I'm saying it doesn't matter that you can do it. I brought our game up as an example, that with a relatively identical equipment the T3 survivals feel much harder to do than before. We did numerous 40minutes+ survivals after that one but as someone mentioned (I think in this topic), the "fun starts after 10 minutes". Indeed, as the enemy spawn rate picks up it is no longer a problem, but first you have to survive till then. If you happen to be unlucky and in the first 10 minutes you manage to find inadequate amounts of enemies, you have a problem.

That explains the survival runs on earth I did the last few days (mainly dark sector) with minutes of absoluty no enemies spawning until I run of air and just in this moment they flood through all entrances. Funny.

I like it the way it was before with more and more stuff coming at ya the longer you fought and a reliable spawn rate the beginning.

Edited by Zeranov