Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Love The Observatory, But...

Voaster

Just finished the Observatory in my Dojo and was marveling at the new view we have of space, but then I noticed;

We have a giant Tigris and 2 giant Vectis attached to our Dojo!

Tigris in the center pointed out

(Tigris on my back for reference)

B51454_B14_D7_AD7014_AC38_A5_D7415964_CD

Vectis up, and on both sides. upside down and pointed backwards

BB42_CAA78_E96_DED0528064_A97_E163_D23_D

Again, love the new room :O

Yeah how you think they keep the game install size so small? Reuse assets wherever they can.

Well, yeah, that's the technical explanation but it's so much less fun than supposing the mini things are based on our base defenses.

Um, no.

This is what happens when level designers are either rushed or lazy. They take existing assets and scale them to gargantuan proportions. Look around, WF is full of this, look around for massive polymer drops - those blue/striped resource drops. Yeah.

Um, no.

This is what happens when level designers are either rushed or lazy. They take existing assets and scale them to gargantuan proportions. Look around, WF is full of this, look around for massive polymer drops - those blue/striped resource drops. Yeah.

How can you call DE lazy when they stayed in the office until well after midnight their time to get U13 out? They promised they wouldn't go home until the patch was down, I bet a lot of other companies would've broken that promise.

This world building trick has been used for several games in the past, I've seen it done in some of the Unreal games (Which DE also developed lol). Modular 3D assets (Particularly weapons) used in creative ways to make cool environments or space ships.

it's a very good reusing !: These are tenno's design, i find this inventive and intelligent. Why not using good design again ? Or texture, or preset moves ?

I'm all for this ! +1 ! reuse the good thing, if it's good somewhere it can be good everywhere with some inventivity.

It's entirely conceivable that the Tenno have consistent design for their weapons and that they make their defensive weapons look similar to their personal weapons. Why reinvent the wheel with the design of their weapons when they could just reuse the way they look.

How can you call DE lazy when they stayed in the office until well after midnight their time to get U13 out? They promised they wouldn't go home until the patch was down, I bet a lot of other companies would've broken that promise.

Calm down, Sir Whiteknight. I didn't unequivocally state that DE were lazy. There are many reasons why this is possible, I simply gave two examples.